Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2022, 01:30 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,770,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Your perception is way off base.

Whether she will be prosecuted is a completely different conversation than whether she should be. I assume we agree there.

I'm pretty sure all of the comments I've addressed - yours included - were regarding whether she should be prosecuted.

In order for a "should", when it comes to prosecution, there needs to be a crime.
And those “crimes” so far have been noted by others.

I also suggest we have not seen everything yet and that can go in any direction.

You and I absolutely agree there is a difference between should be and will be, and most here believe will be will not happen.

Can I “assume” you and I are of the same thought that a certain level of person is much less likely to be charged than lower level people?

This investigation is painfully slow and I haven’t figured out the reason for that yet.

The right thinks they are trying to capture everything in the net they can.

The left thinks it’s because there is nothing there, even though Clinton’s lawyer has already been charged and others are outing her under oath.

Then there are people like me, who feel they plan on prosecuting lower level people and are looking for a way to not let Clinton get caught up in that and to not publicly say Trump was right. (I don’t like Trump for the record).

Time will tell, but at this snails pace we may very well all be dead and buried before it’s done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2022, 01:35 PM

24,005 posts, read 15,100,850 times
And another 62 comments blaming all that is bad on the other.

If the USA is a banana republic it is due to the blind partisanship of the voter who care more for their team than they care for the nation.

Old 05-24-2022, 01:48 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,903,503 times
Quote:
Trump gets last laugh in latest SAVAGE ad after Hillary gets CAUGHT orchestrating Russia Hoax

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/sta...95659288367104

Old 05-24-2022, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post

If the USA is a banana republic it is due to the blind partisanship of the voter who care more for their team than they care for the nation.
You know who I blame the most?

The media. It is news organizations who are supposed to hold truth to power and instead they willfully lied to the world in order to further their cause.

How on Earth is anyone supposed to trust news, media, governments or each other going forward. We all now know the government and the media they control lie for power and no one will stop them.

The left loved this because it was all about getting the bad orange man. In doing so, they cause permanent damage to our country and institutions. We will never be the same and we will never have faith again.

Old 05-24-2022, 01:56 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post

pathetic. hildawg arguably commits treason, and not only can you not find fault with that - you immediately resort to the sad 'both sides' twaddle

Old 05-24-2022, 01:59 PM

1,366 posts, read 996,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
If ANYBODY needs locked up, its Trump. Along with some of his mob family and associates.
Yeah, Trump's in the mob. Uh-huh.

Old 05-24-2022, 02:17 PM

Considering multiple threads have been consolidated, I think this thread should be renamed to something like “Durham Investigation Latest Details” and pinned.

Old 05-24-2022, 02:25 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
If ANYBODY needs locked up, its Trump. Along with some of his mob family and associates.
Proof to because Trump having a mob family and associates?

Old 05-24-2022, 02:34 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,322,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I agree - if she broke the law, indict her..

They could do that at any time if there really is a case.

Could have been done a long time ago, of there really were a case. It's not for lack of trying.

There is a case, always has been. But when you're a Clinton, and also had a sitting President (Obama) that was breifed on her plan and chose to look the other way, you've already been given the immunity you need to prevent any of this from sticking on you.

Plus again, she's a Clinton. The Clinton's are notorious for getting away with corruption. They're just too powerful and know too many people to keep them out of jail. Take your "orange man bad" feelings out of the equation. There was always a case. There was never any collusion. Hillary orchestrated it.

Stop refusing to see the proof and just accept it.

Old 05-24-2022, 02:34 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,395,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
And those “crimes” so far have been noted by others.

I also suggest we have not seen everything yet and that can go in any direction.

You and I absolutely agree there is a difference between should be and will be, and most here believe will be will not happen.

Can I “assume” you and I are of the same thought that a certain level of person is much less likely to be charged than lower level people?

This investigation is painfully slow and I haven’t figured out the reason for that yet.

The right thinks they are trying to capture everything in the net they can.

The left thinks it’s because there is nothing there, even though Clinton’s lawyer has already been charged and others are outing her under oath.

Then there are people like me, who feel they plan on prosecuting lower level people and are looking for a way to not let Clinton get caught up in that and to not publicly say Trump was right. (I don’t like Trump for the record).

Time will tell, but at this snails pace we may very well all be dead and buried before it’s done.
Certainly anything can happen. Hillary could be indicted tomorrow. Trump could be indicted tomorrow. No point speculating on endless possibilities, IMO.

Yes, you and I agree that certain levels of privilege (power/money/fame) almost guarantee nothing substantive will happen.

The point being that what they're "outing her under oath" about isn't criminal, based on what we know today.

Yeah, I'm certainly not holding my breath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies