Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2022, 02:44 PM

5,047 posts, read 6,351,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
pathetic. hildawg arguably commits treason, and not only can you not find fault with that - you immediately resort to the sad 'both sides' twaddle
To be fair, there are some very fine people on both sides.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2022, 02:45 PM

12,994 posts, read 9,526,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
This is beginning to look worse than Watergate, except that the dirty tricks were not santioned by a sitting president (as far as we know). The dirty tricks themselves are far more reaching though.

Old 05-24-2022, 02:46 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
As so many like to say, lots of people take the fifth. Nothing wrong with that.

Old 05-24-2022, 02:47 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I did. You quoted the link in post #281.
That was not to my inital post, my comment still stands. But, let me go read this link that you never provided in my initial response.

Old 05-24-2022, 02:48 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,770,823 times
Quote:
Certainly anything can happen. Hillary could be indicted tomorrow. Trump could be indicted tomorrow. No point speculating on endless possibilities, IMO.

Yes, you and I agree that certain levels of privilege (power/money/fame) almost guarantee nothing substantive will happen.

The point being that what they're "outing her under oath" about isn't criminal, based on what we know today.

Yeah, I'm certainly not holding my breath.
I admit I am no law expert, but you don’t think creating a false story and then feeding what you know is a lie to the FBI, so they can waste valuable time on something that does not exist in an effort to influence an election is not criminal?

I hope you are wrong. If you are correct on that, we have even bigger issues.

3,730 posts, read 1,322,719 times
Quote:
I'm going to need you to go ahead and cite the law you're referring to, then.

I haven't skipped anything - I already addressed those points with another poster. Not my fault if you don't read the whole thread.

LOL wow......looks like Biden isn't the only who's a cognitive mess. Here's what they can use on Hillary:

For the removal of her private server, deletion of emails, and destruction of hard drives on phones. - USC §1924 - Misdemeanor charge of unauthorized removal and retention of classified documents or materials under 18.

According to the law, there are five elements that must be met for a violation of the statute, and they can all be found in section (a) of the statute: “(1) Whoever, being an officer, employee, contractor, or consultant of the United States, and, (2) by virtue of his office, employment, position, or contract, becomes possessed of documents or materials containing classified information of the United States, (3) knowingly removes such documents or materials (4) without authority and (5) with the intent to retain such documents or materials at an unauthorized location [shall be guilty of this offense].”

Her creating a false narrative about Trump also falls under the Espionage Act, since she hired spies to create fake stories and create fake evidence. 18 U.S.C. § 793 Subsection F sets forth the following:
Whoever, being entrusted with or having lawful possession or control of any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, note, or information, relating to the national defense, (1) through gross negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of his trust, or to be lost, stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, or (2) having knowledge that the same has been illegally removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of its trust, or lost, or stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, and fails to make prompt report of such loss, theft, abstraction, or destruction to his superior officer—
Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

Seeing as those allegations are false, Trump has every right to sue her. And to falsely accuse someone can put you in jail. Making a false report is a Class B misdemeanor. Some other crimes that involve false statements are:
  • Perjury
  • Aggravated perjury
  • A false report about a missing child or missing person
  • Tampering with or fabricating physical evidence
  • Tampering with government records
  • Fraudulent filing of financial statements

28,353 posts, read 16,395,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
That was not to my inital post, my comment still stands. But, let me go read this link that you never provided in my initial response.
What post number is your "initial response"? Let's start there.

Old 05-24-2022, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
It did. Look at the division that stemmed from all the hatred towards Trump and his policies. That division voted for Biden, and look where our country is now.

Just imagine the shape of our country if there never was a liberal meltdown after Trump was elected, and people just went about their lives just like any other time a POTUS they may not like in office. Instead, we ended up with a highly polarized country, with crime, violence, inflation, a volatile market, etc, and virtually no chance of the two "sides" working together.

Yeah, there was irreversible damage done to our country.
Actually, there were a lot more reasons why I didn't vote for Trump besides what Hillary may or may not have said or done.

We were already polarized before Trump ever got in. And I do think it is probably irreversible unless we have a miracle. And I don't really believe in those.

Old 05-24-2022, 02:51 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,395,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
LOL wow......looks like Biden isn't the only who's a cognitive mess. Here's what they can use on Hillary:

For the removal of her private server, deletion of emails, and destruction of hard drives on phones. - USC §1924 - Misdemeanor charge of unauthorized removal and retention of classified documents or materials under 18.

According to the law, there are five elements that must be met for a violation of the statute, and they can all be found in section (a) of the statute: “(1) Whoever, being an officer, employee, contractor, or consultant of the United States, and, (2) by virtue of his office, employment, position, or contract, becomes possessed of documents or materials containing classified information of the United States, (3) knowingly removes such documents or materials (4) without authority and (5) with the intent to retain such documents or materials at an unauthorized location [shall be guilty of this offense].”
What have Sussman or Mook said about the server? As I told Stephan, that ship has sailed. Nothing's ever going to happen. Make your peace with it and move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
Her creating a false narrative about Trump also falls under the Espionage Act, since she hired spies to create fake stories and create fake evidence. 18 U.S.C. § 793 Subsection F sets forth the following:
Whoever, being entrusted with or having lawful possession or control of any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, note, or information, relating to the national defense, (1) through gross negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of his trust, or to be lost, stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, or (2) having knowledge that the same has been illegally removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of its trust, or lost, or stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, and fails to make prompt report of such loss, theft, abstraction, or destruction to his superior officer—
Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

What "spies" did she hire? Trying to link opposition research to the Espionage Act appears to be an extremely loose interpretation of that law, IMO, but I'm not a lawyer.

Old 05-24-2022, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Muller found NO RUSSIAN COLLUSION, so the Trump Tweets were 100% justified.
Mueller didn't exonerate him though. He decided not to pursue indictment. Barr conveniently glossed over that part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies