Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2022, 03:28 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,969,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
A big problem that people have, on this forum and elsewhere, is thinking that "well, if everything is fine in my own little bubble, then they must be fine everywhere else too." That is not the case.
So why can't you take advice from those in the good bubbles? Maybe they are doing something right in their lives that you are not doing, for whatever reason. There have been many suggestions on this thread and success stories that can give you ideas on how to change your situation. When the status quo is not working, try something different.

Old 05-02-2022, 03:30 PM

3,278 posts, read 1,759,766 times
I can't believe the tongue wagging and finger pointing going on in here. You men & women want to find a life mate ? It's easy. First everybody PUT DOWN THE PHONES first. Then the next time you see someone you're attracted to, do the dance and take a chance ! Put on your best smile, walk up to that person and say "HELLO!" and start a conversation. Just SAY SOMETHING! Doesn't matter much what. You never know who you're gonna meet.

It ain't rocket surgery.

Old 05-02-2022, 03:41 PM

13,656 posts, read 20,797,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver 47 View Post
I can't believe the tongue wagging and finger pointing going on in here. You men & women want to find a life mate ? It's easy. First everybody PUT DOWN THE PHONES first. Then the next time you see someone you're attracted to, do the dance and take a chance ! Put on your best smile, walk up to that person and say "HELLO!" and start a conversation. Just SAY SOMETHING! Doesn't matter much what. You never know who you're gonna meet.

It ain't rocket surgery.

This ^

I met girls in the craziest of places- libraries, parks, laundromats, the NYC subway, language classes, etc.

And yes, there is a reason why baseball analogies are constantly used. Getting turned down 70% of the time is still a successful rate.

Old 05-02-2022, 03:44 PM

48,556 posts, read 34,927,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
A big problem that people have, on this forum and elsewhere, is thinking that "well, if everything is fine in my own little bubble, then they must be fine everywhere else too." That is not the case.

Yeah, my little bubble: over 200 family members, my friends/their kids, friends of family members, old co-workers, DH's co-workers from 2 industries, their kids and friends......
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-02-2022, 03:52 PM

6,619 posts, read 5,019,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerobime227 View Post
Honestly, I hate this gender divide the democrats/feminists pull all of the time. Yes, men are certainly no saints by any means, but all of these women that you see get all crazy in the Karen videos shows they aren't either. Just hate all of this "Life is hard so we just go around pointing fingers at everyone else" crap I hate so much.
Umm, seems like that is what you are doing.

Old 05-02-2022, 03:52 PM

19,864 posts, read 18,144,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
1. Proportionally fewer men than in the past are willing to work in manual labor? Is this because of our shifting economy in this country meaning that the necessity for this kind of work is dwindling in our society? I know about the decline in labor participation rate, but is this due to a shifting economy and coming out of a time with unprecedented economic growth in America due to less competition with other industrialized nations?

2. Point taken, should’ve said lure. So it is only a handful of colleges actually lowering admission standards for men, not the wide spread phenomenon you painted it to be.

3. I didn’t say you said that, just imploring if you were speaking about something that may have been captured under that. I have seen many people throw that bogus stat out to try to say there is discrimination against women in the admissions process to many master’s degree programs. I liken it to the often touted pay gap talking point that all of a sudden multivariate analysis is no longer needed when presenting such a study.

Ok at this point is clear you are either playing games or simply not paying much attention to what I write but you are somehow offended anyway.

1. Per my comment about fewer men working in tough blue collar jobs it's none of what you mentioned above, well not much anyway, and more because young men today are generally much softer than in the past.

2. Again you superimpose words and meaning I didn't write. I wrote, "selective" colleges in my original post. The only one painting things here is you.

3. I'm a cold logical and fairly specific thinker. If I was talking about women being discriminated against in MA/MS programs I would have said as much.

Old 05-02-2022, 03:55 PM

19,864 posts, read 18,144,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
This ^

I met girls in the craziest of places- libraries, parks, laundromats, the NYC subway, language classes, etc.

And yes, there is a reason why baseball analogies are constantly used. Getting turned down 70% of the time is still a successful rate.
At 30% you are way above The Mendoza Line!

Old 05-02-2022, 04:01 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,942,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Well, someone recently shared his experience of going to a new church on Easter this year.

The Lord's Prayer was printed in the bulletin as "Our Mother/Father, who art in heaven..."
The Bibles in the pew racks were all gender neutral.
The Easter sermon compared Christ's resurrection to his/her/their own "transformation" of having "top surgery." Much of the sermon was about his/her/their que*rness and top surgery.

Sounds very woke to me.
Meh, church different people go to church for different reasons. For some; to worship some mythological deity, others; social reasons and support.

Old 05-02-2022, 04:23 PM

4,621 posts, read 2,229,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I've been (and still am) happily married for the last 20 years, so I have been out of the dating scene for a long time.

It is only since I created a TikTok account that I learned that in 2022, women now hate men, and men now hate women.

It's really bizarre to me. I'm just scratching my head thinking "What the hell happened while I was gone?"
TikTok seems to have replaced friends. After a break up you would maybe be depressed for a couple of days your friends would drag you out of your couch nest make you bathe and take you out for drinks. That's where you'd complain about men or women and trash the entire sex for your broken heart and you'd see they aren't all that bad you were just trying to make something happen that wasn't happening. And you'd get back up on the horse.

With TikTok they don't keep it isolated with their friends and they express their pain to a world wide audience. And then they get feedback.

I think considering that consensual sex can be considered rape it makes young people nervous.

Old 05-02-2022, 04:34 PM

4,621 posts, read 2,229,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
With all these dating apps and hook up sites if you are "sexless" then you aren't doing it right.
Depends. What kind of sex do you want?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies