Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2022, 09:24 AM

24,763 posts, read 9,555,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
Exactly, and the increasing ways that people meet each other doesn’t really prioritize personality as a selecting pressure. You’re on dating apps where looks and appearances get you through the door. Even if you aren’t on a specified dating app, but you’re on instagram or other social media which functions in the same way, a lot of what people curate on their is looks and a projection of one’s status.

You can have a great personality, but still not have a lot of social capital and status, especially if you’re one doesn’t wish to participate in social media. These are increasingly becoming selective pressures among the dating populace. Before you had single people in your town to choose from in the dating pool, this is no longer the case as social media has made the world smaller.

Anyone who says that personality is still the greatest selection to get in the door with dating nowadays is taking copium. A lot of the people who say this have probably been out of the dating market for a while or aren’t in an age group that is increasingly addicted to social media.
Exactly.

Personality isn’t going to get you a date. You have a small window (dating profile bio, social media account) to hilariously project or portray how awesome, great, cool, well traveled, well paid, outstanding, and extraordinary you are because that’s who you are competing against for the same attractive women. It’s a losing game.

I’ve dated in many countries, and western developed ones will always be the hardest, unless you live in some super mega city like LA or NYC. Nothing is going to make me 6’4”, a comedian, a chef, Jeff Bezos, and a fitness model. So I have no problem traveling to places where I don’t need to be any of that to find companionship.

Old 05-02-2022, 09:30 AM

36,711 posts, read 31,000,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
I dont think they (or most people) are saying that. The top 10% (Id say 20%) get a much larger interest.

Both sexes seem to suffer from not understanding what the median actually looks like and both seem to try to punch above their fighting weight. This is a forever thing that seems greatly increased now. Probably in part because of things like Tinder.
But in reality people who wish to are partnering up and they do so among similar socio economic and age demographics.

Old 05-02-2022, 10:59 AM

4,258 posts, read 2,485,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Everything you've described in your full post is what naturally happens with any group of animals that has been practising indiscriminate breeding and over-population. Humans are animals too and I'd say it's time for humans to start paying more attention to nature's orders and laws to understand the decline that is going to be happening to human beings now.

After the world's human population declines to a healthy and sustainable population balance again then human societies will get back to normal societal interactions and lifestyles again. It will take awhile though because the world needs to gradually lose at least half of the population that it has right now.

Thanos likes this post.

Old 05-02-2022, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
What's the point of living? We're all going to be dead one day.

The point is to try to make the best of life, however you define that to be, before it's time for us to meet our demise.

Not every who is single, is lonely or sexless. Some folks want to be a lone and there's plenty of sex workers out there who they can visit if they want some intimacy.

Legalize sex work like Germany, and legalize Mary jane like the Netherlands.

Because yes, men with no access to let loose or blow off steam will absolutely become destructive and violent.
Fully legalizing prostitution would be the most simple thing governments and societies could do help alleviate this problem, and it would cost nothing (they could even benefit from the additional tax revenue). It will never happen though. The liberal feminists and the conservative puritans are strongly allied to see that prostitution never becomes legalized, and instead remains the shady, sketchy, underground black market industry it is now.

Old 05-02-2022, 11:09 AM

2,953 posts, read 997,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Exactly.

Personality isn’t going to get you a date. You have a small window (dating profile bio, social media account) to hilariously project or portray how awesome, great, cool, well traveled, well paid, outstanding, and extraordinary you are because that’s who you are competing against for the same attractive women. It’s a losing game.

I’ve dated in many countries, and western developed ones will always be the hardest, unless you live in some super mega city like LA or NYC. Nothing is going to make me 6’4”, a comedian, a chef, Jeff Bezos, and a fitness model. So I have no problem traveling to places where I don’t need to be any of that to find companionship.
Go to China. I've spent a fair amount of time there. I have not had anything to do with seeking a mate there but I've seen how Chinese women respond to Western men. I'm an old happily married man with lots of children so nobody wants me but the one I've already got and that's cool by me. That said - The last time we were there my wife said "Do you see how much Chinese tail you could pull?" LOL Women come up to Western men without any invitation, throw their arm around your shoulder and take selfies. We were hanging out in the Beijing night market and women my daughters age were hanging all over me giggling and taking pics. My wife said "Go ahead and enjoy it. Have your hour of being a rock star." My conclusion is that if you have all your appendages, no visible physical or mental damage and have gainful employment then you can do very well finding a mate (or whatever) in China. Part of it is that Chinese men are abolutely pathetic. Little man-boys coddled and put on pedestals by their families. They don't dress well, they don't exercise, no discernible muscle tone, bad haircuts, bad teeth, poor hygiene. They suck as men, really. The Shanghainese women by comparison are stunners. Chinese men need to up their game in a huge way or they're going to lose their women.

Old 05-02-2022, 11:09 AM

2,046 posts, read 4,566,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I don’t get how this can be just about young men. Statistically there are more women than men, so for every lonely, sexless male there has to be a lonely, sexless female. I get that in modern society it can be hard to meet others, but again it cuts both ways. You are concerned that “Isolated men with no access to sex, affection, or intimacy, become apathetic, nihilistic, disruptive.... and destructive.” So what do isolated women with no access to sex, affection or intimacy do?

They become Cat Ladies!

Old 05-02-2022, 11:16 AM

6,844 posts, read 3,978,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
Fully legalizing prostitution would be the most simple thing governments and societies could do help alleviate this problem, and it would cost nothing (they could even benefit from the additional tax revenue). It will never happen though. The liberal feminists and the conservative puritans are strongly allied to see that prostitution never becomes legalized, and instead remains the shady, sketchy, underground black market industry it is now.
Prostitution is not a substitute for a relationship. It can be enjoyable but it's a 20 minute experience at most. Any guy can travel to Nevada or Holland and get a legal prostitute. Or like drugs, anyone who wants a prostitute can find one through word of mouth.

Old 05-02-2022, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
Little man-boys coddled and put on pedestals by their families. They don't dress well, they don't exercise, no discernible muscle tone, bad haircuts, bad teeth, poor hygiene. They suck as men, really.
The average man in the middle-ages was a malnourished serf standing five and a half feet tall. If we look at photos of men from the 30s and 40s, we do not see legions of jacked, iron-jawed, neo-Spartan warriors, but a bunch of stick-armed, buck-tooth hayseeds. Yet, these men all had loyal and dutiful wives. Why? Because back in those times, there was a minimum level of decent conduct expected from and enforced in women. Now, women are encouraged and incentivized to behave in the worst and most destructive ways possible. Now, men are more dedicated than ever to "self improvement," hitting the gym, making money, "looksmaxxing" (as it's called), etc, and what do they get in return? Women treat them with more coldness, aloofness, and rudeness than ever before.

Old 05-02-2022, 11:22 AM

36,711 posts, read 31,000,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
There is no problem.
People are not entitled to sex with whom ever they choose. Copulation is not a necessity. If you are wanting a sexual relationship or just casual sex and you cant find anyone to oblige without force or payment, the only problem is yourself. Fix yourself.

Old 05-02-2022, 11:23 AM

6,494 posts, read 6,708,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
How are churches woke?
Well, someone recently shared his experience of going to a new church on Easter this year.

The Lord's Prayer was printed in the bulletin as "Our Mother/Father, who art in heaven..."
The Bibles in the pew racks were all gender neutral.
The Easter sermon compared Christ's resurrection to his/her/their own "transformation" of having "top surgery." Much of the sermon was about his/her/their que*rness and top surgery.

Sounds very woke to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies