Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2022, 07:48 AM

17,007 posts, read 12,602,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
There's an old saying that people don't miss what they never had and a lot of men say you should try to lock women down before they've had a chance to sleep around with lots of dominant males because research shows the more men a woman sleeps with the more likely she is to divorce somebody because once they get this taste of what it's like to have complete unadulterated freedom often it's hard for them to even want to settle down I can see the argument of both sides to be honest there's no easy answer to deal with our biology.

And the problem with that is in our culture women are sleeping around by the time they're 15 so you're not really going to be able to do this... men underestimate just how much women enjoy sex with a dominant male over a regular male it's like a heroin addiction for them. Is it healthy to oppress human nature I don't think so best just to let them get it out of their system and hope that they appreciate good men in the end if they don't they don't it is what it is.

Insecure people have a need to control others if you are confident and secure in yourself you don't really need to try controlling all of your surroundings which is why it's not really possible to reach full potential in an authoritarian culture where they try to control everything you do. There is going to be a maximum amount of happiness that can be achieved in a culture like China for example of course they would argue the collective is more important than the individual...
Ive known 2 high end male players. One has Wilt Chamberlain numbers. His pull is absolutely astounding.

My daughter has a friend. I hear them in the back talking. She would rather be part of a higher ranking male's harem than date her peer.

Rail against it all you want. People have the right to be attracted to whomever they wish.

Old 05-10-2022, 07:51 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,297,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Ive known 2 high end male players. One has Wilt Chamberlain numbers. His pull is absolutely astounding.

My daughter has a friend. I hear them in the back talking. She would rather be part of a higher ranking male's harem than date her peer.

Rail against it all you want. People have the right to be attracted to whomever they wish.

I'm fine with that until the government starts rewarding single women with Perpetual welfare for 15 years to raise the kids they had out of wedlock with dominant males that's where I have a problem.

If we're going to keep rewarding people for bad behavior we might as well have an authoritarian culture like China where neither sex is allowed to mess around in this manner... maybe it would be healthy to start stigmatizing this Behavior again since we know government is going to keep giving handouts away.

Last edited by sholomar; 05-10-2022 at 08:00 AM..

Old 05-10-2022, 08:05 AM

36,544 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
My wealthy quadruple married aunt gave me some advice when I was around 13. "Don't get married until you are 35. You will get a better one."

I didn't intend to follow it, but I didn't get married until I was 33 and did really, really well! I think women start to look for different things than they do when they are under 25.
Of course, as do men. We mature a lot between 20 and 30.
Dating is just training to experience what all is out there and learn what it is you want in a long term partner.

Old 05-10-2022, 08:09 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,479,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Not men, males. Men don't act like cowards
Men nowadays don't act like men and women don't act like women. For the former this is considered a vice and for the latter it is considered a virtue. A cultural assumption of toxic masculinity is baked in to people's perception.

Old 05-10-2022, 08:10 AM

27,582 posts, read 28,693,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
My wealthy quadruple married aunt gave me some advice when I was around 13. "Don't get married until you are 35. You will get a better one."

I didn't intend to follow it, but I didn't get married until I was 33 and did really, really well! I think women start to look for different things than they do when they are under 25.
When a woman’s biological clock is ticking, that’s when she realizes she better settle down with a man soon if she wants to have biological children of her own and raise them properly.

So yes, the world does look very different when you’re 35 with no children compared when you’re 25 with no children.

Old 05-10-2022, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
By this logic, you should never go outside. You could be mugged, stabbed, shot, or murdered.

Don't drive a car, you could be hit by a drunk driver.

Never fly, your plane could crash.

Don't go to work, you could be fired.

Don't walk, you could be hit by a bus.

Lets ban marriage. Because apparently marriage leads to murder.
Heck she isnt saying always avoid men or you might get hurt or to ban marriage. She is saying dont be dependent on another person for your wellbeing, survival and future. This applies to men as well.

Old 05-10-2022, 08:13 AM

24,651 posts, read 9,477,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
As long as the woman can avoid having one or more kids out of wedlock with these men when they're young I'd still consider them Keepers and marriage material.
Jeff Bezos girlfriend is divorced with 3 kids, from two different fathers.

Prince Harry's wife is previously divorced.

Countless celebrities have adopted foreign kids (Sandra Bullock, Angelina Jolie, Charlize Theron, etc.) are they not marriage material?

Not all women have the same value or demand, even after kids or divorce. Plenty are still "marriage material in high demand."

Old 05-10-2022, 08:14 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,964,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Blakeley View Post
IMHO many seem to be conflating the stance of the proverbial " angry at the world because he can't get a girlfriend " male incel , with the stance of an individual ( not even necessarily a male ) who's critical of contemporary gender dynamics/relations in society and proposes a " traditionalist " alternative .

The very use of the term " incel " is heavily linked to a specific online based subculture and thus can be rather misleading when applied to the actual definition based reality , since there are many strictly speaking " incel " males ( myself included ) who for whatever reasons don't currently have a female intimate partner while still desiring/being open to having one , and still fall very short of actually making that part of their life a core aspect of their identity especially in the " mad at all women/the world for not having a girlfriend " sense .

Come to think of it , I suppose I could even start up an online subculture centered around the acronym of let's say HMWACIHRBWNTDWTIL ( Heterosexual Men Who Aren't Currently In Heterosexual Relationships But Want Nothing To Do With The Incel Label ) , but on a more serious note this subject is really overplayed and pumped up by certain segments of the media IMO .

All in all there is a very good/necessary conversation to be had about many of the issues brought up in this thread , yet unfortunately I don't see much hope of progress as long as the same usual poles of unreasonableness represented by both " incel " and " feminist " labeled views keep propping up .
Re the bold. I don't pretend to understand this incel phenomenon nor do I really understand what the OP is describing, but I don't think the OP or most of the posters on this thread are talking about the times a guy is between girlfriends.

Old 05-10-2022, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
In most of society and in most marriages, the male is the breadwinner and the female takes care of young children.

This is how things have been for ages and across cultures. But liberals tell us this is archaic and not normal and you need to "open your mind" to other ways of living.
Yes it has been a social constraint locked down by laws and restrictions put in place by men. With the advent of agriculture, industry and technology that model was no longer a necessity.

Old 05-10-2022, 08:25 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,297,747 times
Mostly they have angry and bitter personalities and never developed proper socialization in their youth that's what it comes down too.

These men have always existed but cultural stigma still let them get women in the past cuz women were dependent on men. They can be responsible men they're just lacking in the sort of passion and personality that really gets a female's chemistry going and you can't negotiate attraction it's wired into our DNA through evolution. They also tend to be kind of control freaks also which in itself is a turn off.

You know how Arabs and Muslims in the Middle East still subjugate women and keep them controlled well that's kind of how it used to be here to a degree which means these low status men were still able to find partners the culture was simply different back then it's not compatible with modern culture where we have all this personal freedom and abundance in our lives.

In some cultures such as Asians the men get so weak that the women end up becoming the dominant partner which is in itself fascinating. The more advanced the culture or any individual gets the less need there is for this sort of control over one another. It then becomes more of a partnership of equals thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies