Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2022, 11:46 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,673,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
My millennial sons are doing great. i know they are not lonely or sexless. i would be worried if they were in public school or college now and being taught by their teachers that males are toxic or boys could be girls!
Wow! I sure hope you don't really believe this, for your sake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
No, for every 10 lonely sexless men there is 1 man who has slept with 100 women.
Or many, many more than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
The problem to that is that straight men see themselves as always being straight and don't want to adjust to anything by being bisexual, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
It is more like women go on a date with a total stranger, there is a cost to the woman before she even shows up... make up, dress, gas to get there...

if the date even shows up.... (many women are ghosted) they may be asked to contribute to the date and will be expected to spread their legs to a total stranger.

They will then be dropped like a hot potato. And usually given an STD.

Why bother?

I think when women are young they are willing to give people a chance but after the 5th "date" like this you begin to realize no one is interested in a serious relationship.

I don't know where you live but where I live the only people that go to church are over 70.
A lot of strange comments here. I'll only address the last item, there are fewer people going to church, but there are still 10s of millions of people going to church at least once a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Your mistake was going to a bar to meet women. They call them meat markets for a reason. Another mistake going there with the objective to “score”. Finally, how many plain-looking or overweight women did you ask to dance?

I did the same thing as you when I was young, so I speak from experience.
What's wrong with going to a bar to meet women? It worked for me including meeting my wife in one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
The reason people fail in the dating world is the same reason people fail in the financial world:

Lack of effort.

People want to believe that great things are easy to come by. But that is a fairy tale.

Do you think a supermodel is going to land on your lap just for the asking?
Excellent point!

Old 05-06-2022, 12:08 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Anytime you are blaming a whole different group for your problems, you are just refusing to look at your own role in it.

I made a post about personal responsibility and not blaming others, which was immediately followed by 5 pages of "women suck! women are WORSE!"

lol.

Enjoy your celibacy. Most guys are enjoying sex and relationships.

I'm out.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-06-2022, 12:11 PM

15,096 posts, read 8,641,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Why should we have empathy for some guy or gal who can not get laid by the person of their choice. I'm sure there are tons of people, most just dont complain and blame others. How sorry can you feel for those who refuse to take steps to help themselves, better themselves or change their situation.
Perhaps you need to take your cause up with the liberal left woke.
You either aren’t paying attention, or something is off … this isn’t about getting laid … anybody can get laid. OK? The most clueless, awkward dude, having no interpersonal skills whatsoever with females can have sex on demand, with a phone in one hand and $150 in the other, and she will arrive almost as fast as a Domino’s pizza. Jesus Christ.

This may come as a complete shock to you, because it’s not part of the accepted narrative that paints most guys as walking talking penises looking for a place to throw up, but trust me, we actually are human beings, with human emotions and human needs, which include such things as closeness, affection, companionship, love, and appreciation. I know that’s hard to believe, because its not the most popular story, but is is the most truthful one.

But we aren’t supposed to admit any of that crap … we’re supposed to be tough men …. and our job is to kill things, and make things, and build things, and fix things, and carry the heavy things, and open doors, and basically, work our asses off, all for the promise of a little reward and a pat on the head from the fairer sex. Good boy, good boy. But how long do you think that’s gonna last when the rewards aren’t there?

Trust me, you don’t want men to go on strike. It’s not in your best interests.

Just typing this reminded me of a previous experience years ago. We were living together, and I had a business that I didn’t just manage, but was most of the labor too, which included pouring concrete and installing those big outdoor ATM kiosks. 100+ degree Texas heat included. She was a therapist, who worked one day a week, which barely covered the rent for her studio, but had a lot of spare time, which included kayaking on the lake just out back. One particular evening, after a long day in that Texas heat, as I was sipping a cold beer on the back deck, and she says, hey, can we talk about something? Yeah, sure, what’s up? Well, she said, it’s about the division of labor around here. A bit puzzled … I ask what do you mean? She says, the chores … you know, the cleaning, vacuuming all that stuff. She continued, I know you always take the trash out, but I was thinking it would be nice if you could do your share of the other stuff too? I was so taken aback, it took me a few moments to process it. So I asked, how much of this other stuff have you identified as my fair share? Detecting my change in attitude, she said, oh I knew this was gonna happen … all I want is for it to be fair, after all, I’m not a maid? Hold on … let me get this straight …. you work one day a week, and the rest of the time you are at the pool, or kayaking on the lake, or biking along the greenbelt. And while that is how you are getting such a nice tan, mine is coming from being outside pouring concrete, and moving heavy equipment and repairing broken machines, and you think there is a problem with the “division of labor”? I agree. There is a big problem there, but you have it totally backwards. I’m putting in ten times the labor keeping the two of us housed and fed and entertained, and I have never even given it a second thought. But now that you’ve mentioned it, I think I have the perfect solution …. if a few minutes a day cleaning and running a vacuum cleaner is putting such an unfair burden on your Club Med time at the lake and the pool, I wouldn’t put up with that, if I were you. I’d just pack up my things, and hit that front door! Let me know, and I will contribute my fair share of helping you carry those things to the moving truck.

Needless to say, that relationship didn’t last very long. And surely it was mostly my fault

Old 05-06-2022, 12:39 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,322,346 times
Quote:
The most incomprehensible thing to a man is that he might not be needed. Men have had it their way for 500 years and now, when women have just a tiny taste of that... men are facing a loneliness / sexless problem. That is the subject of this thread right?

If you think men are getting plenty why are you even here?

The birth rate is in the toilet all over the western world. Women are just opting out.... wait until women realize sex before marriage is not great for them.

If we all aren't going to sit around sexless then men need to change. They can't have it like they did for the last 500 years. Anyone honestly looking at the situation knows that women can last a lot longer without a man than the other way around. Women's situation has irrevocably changed in just the past 50 years. That is causing the problem. But it is mostly a problem for men.

And there it is. More of your emotions, oozing all over your response. You are clearly bitter and upset, and as I have repeatedly stated, continuing to throw your projections onto this topic. I think I should be the one asking why YOU are here. Because you clearly don't care that this is an issue; one that's happening across the globe by the way. You're here to gloat with a "how does it feel?" attitude. You're getting some sick sort of enjoyment from it. It's as almost as if you feel that the men of today should be paying for the sins committed by the men in the past. Hmmm, sounds like something BLM does?

I'm here because it's a good discussion, and I've had this conversation with friends and colleagues before. It's not some sort of epidemic as you're oddly making it out to be. However, there's a force that has caused things to shift. Men are being taught to act more like betas and are basically being indoctrinated into believing they can't have any sort of masculine traits. And if you follow the breadcrumbs, it starts as early as elementary school. We've been headed in this direction for quite some time.

One major issue is a lot of the indoctrinating are coming from women, typically those who behave as you do. You put all men into one category. You label us all as dogs, or men who just want to bang any woman with a pulse, and be done with it. Not true. Many men want to marry someone that they can consider their soulmate. Many men out there want a family. And many men couldn't care less and would rather be single. It's THEIR choice, just as much as it's a woman's choice to live the same life.

Which brings me to my next point. You seem to be very bitter about the fact that men can choose the same path a woman can in terms of how they want to live their life. It's as almost as if you're upset that it's not one-sided. Which really makes me wonder, once again, why you're even taking part in this conversation?

Old 05-06-2022, 12:40 PM

4,621 posts, read 2,226,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Sounds like you have a good relationship. But you can’t take the microcosm of heterosexual relationships you’ve observed and assume they are the norm.
I'm not. The idea of a husband that has to ask permission is it cultural trope. And it's that for a reason
Quote:
Just like no one should assume your relationship is the norm for homosexual relationships.
I'm not sure there is a norm with regard to that.

Old 05-06-2022, 12:41 PM

4,621 posts, read 2,226,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
"If you can't handle me at my worst you don't deserve me at my best." Chicks who quote that in their social media are bad news. Do avoid!
Agree. Someone who wants to be a better person because of their partner is the ones you want to go after and pursue

Old 05-06-2022, 12:41 PM

Quote:
The point of this thread is that men can't get laid. If they want to get laid they need to figure out a way in light of the changes that have happened with women in the last 50 years.

When someone posts a thread "is perpetual loneliness/ sexlessness the new normal for today's women" then we will talk, but it will never happen.

Hey now, all I did was take your response and flip the gender role on it. Don't try and dictate what the topic is, simply because you can't handle that men can approach this the same way women can.

Old 05-06-2022, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Ok, but it read that way to me. gotcha.
I didnt disagree with the rest of your post. While I might agree with some of her words I definitely detect bitterness.

All good! And yes, she is very bitter. Almost as if she's trying to speak on past experiences.

Old 05-06-2022, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
Then you will avoid everyone because that is actually the truth of most relationships whether it is said up front or not. You actually do have to learn to handle people to get what you want in life. Bosses, co-workers, employees, relatives, neighbors, teachers, strangers, doctors, vendors, etc. Why should partners be any differeent?

I don't think you've ever dated someone who has used that quote. As someone who has in the past because I was a fool at the time, I can assure you that those are the crazy ones.

Old 05-06-2022, 12:53 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
You either aren’t paying attention, or something is off … this isn’t about getting laid … anybody can get laid. OK? The most clueless, awkward dude, having no interpersonal skills whatsoever with females can have sex on demand, with a phone in one hand and $150 in the other, and she will arrive almost as fast as a Domino’s pizza. Jesus Christ. {
Hold up right there, the OP:This is a topic that is considered highly 'taboo,' so it is hardly ever discussed. However, I'm thinking that this issue is growing so large that it will soon become impossible to ignore. I'm referencing the "new normal" of perpetual loneliness/sexlessness/lack of intimacy among the men of today, especially young men under the age of 30.

So right back at you.

Quote:
This may come as a complete shock to you, because it’s not part of the accepted narrative that paints most guys as walking talking penises looking for a place to throw up, but trust me, we actually are human beings, with human emotions and human needs, which include such things as closeness, affection, companionship, love, and appreciation. I know that’s hard to believe, because its not the most popular story, but is is the most truthful one.
Did I ever say or imply otherwise? Maybe go back and read my posts.

Quote:
But we aren’t supposed to admit any of that crap … we’re supposed to be tough men …. and our job is to kill things, and make things, and build things, and fix things, and carry the heavy things, and open doors, and basically, work our asses off, all for the promise of a little reward and a pat on the head from the fairer sex. Good boy, good boy. But how long do you think that’s gonna last when the rewards aren’t there?

Trust me, you don’t want men to go on strike. It’s not in your best interests.
Did I even say anything related to that?

Quote:
Just typing this reminded me of a previous experience years ago. We were living together, and I had a business that I didn’t just manage, but was most of the labor too, which included pouring concrete and installing those big outdoor ATM kiosks. 100+ degree Texas heat included. She was a therapist, who worked one day a week, which barely covered the rent for her studio, but had a lot of spare time, which included kayaking on the lake just out back. One particular evening, after a long day in that Texas heat, as I was sipping a cold beer on the back deck, and she says, hey, can we talk about something? Yeah, sure, what’s up? Well, she said, it’s about the division of labor around here. A bit puzzled … I ask what do you mean? She says, the chores … you know, the cleaning, vacuuming all that stuff. She continued, I know you always take the trash out, but I was thinking it would be nice if you could do your share of the other stuff too? I was so taken aback, it took me a few moments to process it. So I asked, how much of this other stuff have you identified as my fair share? Detecting my change in attitude, she said, oh I knew this was gonna happen … all I want is for it to be fair, after all, I’m not a maid? Hold on … let me get this straight …. you work one day a week, and the rest of the time you are at the pool, or kayaking on the lake, or biking along the greenbelt. And while that is how you are getting such a nice tan, mine is coming from being outside pouring concrete, and moving heavy equipment and repairing broken machines, and you think there is a problem with the “division of labor”? I agree. There is a big problem there, but you have it totally backwards. I’m putting in ten times the labor keeping the two of us housed and fed and entertained, and I have never even given it a second thought. But now that you’ve mentioned it, I think I have the perfect solution …. if a few minutes a day cleaning and running a vacuum cleaner is putting such an unfair burden on your Club Med time at the lake and the pool, I wouldn’t put up with that, if I were you. I’d just pack up my things, and hit that front door! Let me know, and I will contribute my fair share of helping you carry those things to the moving truck.

Needless to say, that relationship didn’t last very long. And surely it was mostly my fault
I guess that verifies that you are bitter and projecting your experience on to all women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies