Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2022, 10:04 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,322,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ldsm0bile View Post
I work with women and I can tell you some of them hate doing the job. that "work" thing, to some of them, is highly overrated.

Just look at her other posts. Arya is part of the generation that deems all men evil, and wants to hold them accountable for the actions made by men in the past. She's also clearly projecting her own personal experiences into this conversation. So because she had bad experiences with men, we're all evil.

Old 05-06-2022, 10:12 AM

7,242 posts, read 4,555,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
Just look at her other posts. Arya is part of the generation that deems all men evil, and wants to hold them accountable for the actions made by men in the past. She's also clearly projecting her own personal experiences into this conversation. So because she had bad experiences with men, we're all evil.
None of that is true.

Anyway...this sort of failure to honestly look at the problem and make changes is why most men will remain sexless.

Women do not *need* men any longer.

So they go after what they want.. handsome rich men. Why would they bother with ugly poor men? Why?

If you want to have a discussion about it... you have to be honest.

Quote:
I work with women and I can tell you some of them hate doing the job. that "work" thing, to some of them, is highly overrated.
Oh I hate work too but what is your point. This thread is about how horrible women are because they want rich handsome guys.

Well, poor ugly guys aren't going allow me not to work. So what would a handsome but poor guy bring to the table? I would still have to work but when I got home I would be expected to do all the chores and then have sex with him when I was tired. How does that enhance any woman's life?

Old 05-06-2022, 10:13 AM

4,952 posts, read 3,061,711 times
Quote:

Well, I won't go that far; as the internet allows for too much misinterpretation.
I actually came here to post a general comment:
Some women seem to think they should be worshiped; just b/c they are women.
This makes them part of the problem, rather than the solution; and also encourages cheating.

Old 05-06-2022, 10:19 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Oh for sure, it definitely happens on the other side as well. I have a friend who constantly gives me crap because I'm attracted to curvy women. He says he doesn't understand the hype behind it. I'm like there's no hype man, people like what they like. He's still stuck with this 90's mindset that he can only talk to skinny blondes stepping off the Baywatch set. He's had many opportunities to talk to women who are interested in him but rejects them over the dumbest thing.

And again, I get that everyone has a preference. Having said that, if you're going to nitpick every single thing about a person, then don't be shocked when you find out you're still single.
And that is exactly it and why I can not muster sympathy or empathy for those who feel this is a national emergency that some (and I think relatively few) men cant find sex, intimacy or love. No one is entitled to the affection of others and people need to be realistic and focus on what is truly important in a happy relationship instead of the superficial.

Old 05-06-2022, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ldsm0bile View Post
I have worked with women and men for 40 years and some women and some men hate that "work" thing. Others enjoy their job and especially the independence and satisfaction it brings. It is not a gender thing.

Old 05-06-2022, 10:23 AM

15,098 posts, read 8,641,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
You bring up some good points, having grown up pre-internet, myself, I look at online dating as a double-edged sword.

On one hand, depending on where you live, with online dating you can meet a tremendous amount of people in a relatively short amount of time, as compared to the pre-internet days, where it actually took some "work" back in the day to get out there and meet people.

On the other hand, on line dating can cause people to wander even easier/quicker than the pre-internet days. Meaning if you find someone awesome and amazing online, in the back of your head you might constantly be wondering, what if there's someone out there that's even more awesome and amazing and they are just a click away, then you become that serial dater, constantly trying to find that "next best thing" with the ease of the internet!
Yes indeed. And for the longest time, I had the exact same pros/con view of online dating. It’s obvious, at least superficially, that online dating offers this unprecedented access to countless thousands of potential partners that one would otherwise never be exposed to. But, drilling down a little deeper, I began to analyze that thought, and reached the conclusion that this was a psychological trap, and pure illusion, and most likely represents more of an obstacle to finding a partner than whatever benefit this greater exposure appears to represent. And this applies to men and women equally.

Think about it from another angle …. let’s say you are an attractive woman …. you attend a singles party in hopes of meeting a nice guy, with perhaps 25 people, 12 of which are women. Just by the numbers, your odds of being the most attractive one of that group is about 8%, with a 25% chance of being in the top 3. That’s almost a guarantee of you having a great chance of connecting with more than one of the men who are also in that top tier. By contrast, you attend a similar event at a convention hall packed with 200 people, 100 of which are females. Those odds have not turned in your favor. In that scenario, your odds of being the most attractive took a nose dive to 1% with only a 3% chance of making the top 3. The hard cold reality is, it’s a flip of the coin that you even make it into the top half!!! Now that is just a scenario of 100 women. Apply that on a scale of tens of thousands of women, and that perceived buffet of endless choices has been reduced almost to the point of playing the lottery, with only marginally greater odds winning! But it’s even worse than that … and here’s why …

As previously mentioned, and a key factor in this topic, is the fact that more and more women are holding out for what they perceive to be that high quality guy, which leaves all those other guys alone and lonely. Right? Based on that, those top tier guys have such an exponentially greater pool of women to choose from, that the likelihood of them even being on an online dating site in the first place is rather remote. Those guys obviously have no need for such a thing, due to the plethora of options at their fingertips. And most of those guys that are perceived to be the top tier, are successful professional men, who are spending 10-12 hours a day in a professional environment surrounded by top tier professional females. Are you beginning to see the problems with this scenario? It’s like a mine field in which your chances of making it thru unscathed is next to nil.

One of the obvious disconnects with reality is this fantasy which envisions a life filled with fun, vacations and luxury. The reality is, the highly successful business professional spends most of their time at work, are typically workaholics, which is how they got where they are, and is unlikely to be vacationing multiple weeks per year, anywhere. I recall my days in a former life, as an executive in a large corporate environment, and I cant even count how many times I had to cancel personal plans at the last minute. Vacation? Ha! Not unless you own the company, maybe. There was always something very critical going on … and there was never a good time to be gone for a week. Scheduling a vacation almost required an act of congress. I swear, I spent more weekends at the beach in my younger years working in a warehouse, than I did as an executive. I was constantly stressed out, and gobbled down tums like candy. Meet you Friday at 7? Sorry honey, gonna be a little late something came up … will be there by 8:30? And I get there at 10:15, and you know who isn’t happy. But I digress.

Of course there were benefits too … I got to travel a lot for work … and that old fable of the sailor with a girl in every port? True that, when I was single, of course, just to make that clear. But it’s not a good environment for a married man, or someone in a committed relationship, because there are endless temptations. Trust me. And I wouldn’t want my wife or girlfriend to have a job like that either …. some of the stuff I’ve seen, well, let’s just say that men and women are not very trustworthy when presented with continuous temptations and opportunities, with very few exceptions to that rule. And I emphasize VERY FEW. The things I’ve seen makes me wonder how some people can even look each other in the eye. For real.

Bottom line is, there are certain universal laws of nature …. one of them is that when a male is in high demand, and is presented with access to many females, he will access as many of them as he can. The second law of nature is that the men who achieve the greatest levels of success in business and in life are usually the most driven, the most aggressive, the most tenacious and the most ruthless, who do not allow emotions or morality to interfere with their decision making.

If I were a woman that desired a long term, lasting and loving relationship, those are not the qualities I would place at the top of my list.

Old 05-06-2022, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
Then you will avoid everyone because that is actually the truth of most relationships whether it is said up front or not. You actually do have to learn to handle people to get what you want in life. Bosses, co-workers, employees, relatives, neighbors, teachers, strangers, doctors, vendors, etc. Why should partners be any differeent?
It is kind of in marriage vows as well: for better or worse.

Old 05-06-2022, 10:25 AM

2,919 posts, read 3,189,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
It seems like it is happening to everyone. Women have accepted they are not going to get a loving relationship because all men want is sex and then do not want to get married.

I think there has to be a reckoning. The relationship model we have doesn't work right anymore and we need to come up with something new.

For 500 + years women couldn't work and needed to be cared for. So men were bribed to marry them. They got a woman to have their children and a person to have sex with, but, they had to care for their wives for life and there was no divorce.

Once women could work and once divorce was around, things went belly up. Women simply don't have the desire for sex like men do and they aren't going to put up with it because they no longer get a big reward for it.

I agree we are on a dangerous path.
Horse manure. Most single America women have a demand list the length of Texas. And have senses of entitlement the size of Siberia. And are as stuck up beyond rationality. No wonder men only want sex. Which by the way, is absolutely false. 99% of the man I’ve known in my lifetime want positive long-term relationships. It is the women who are the problem and the issue. But American political correctness will tell you different.

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 05-06-2022 at 10:38 AM..

Old 05-06-2022, 10:25 AM

Quote:
To be fair, there is not an entire generation that thinks/feels the same.
Some women are bitter, some men are bitter. Its not just members of any particular generation.

Old 05-06-2022, 10:30 AM

15,098 posts, read 8,641,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Both parties can still find partners out of their league, if they're willing to travel for it.

I've seen plenty of old, elderly, fat, bald, ugly, short men getting laid or dating women half their age in foreign countries. Brazil, Eastern Europe, Thailand, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Colombia, etc. they want the local talent for their youth and body and local talent wants them for their money or perceived money. It's a mutual transaction and both parties are very happy.

And I'm sure the old, fat, ugly, western women who want Dwayne Johnson could easily find one in the the very same countries.

The solution to loneliness or involuntary celibacy is simple: a passport. It always has been and always will be. If you don't like your dating odds in the west, then visit a country where the odds are in your favor.
All of that is true, but we’ve already covered prostitution, and you don’t have to spend nearly as much money as it would take for a trip to Thailand, but if your pockets are deep enough and lady boys are your thing, Thailand might be the place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies