Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2022, 06:54 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
Eh, it's happening on both sides......

But, another issue is how picky they've become. Many women turn me down for only being 5' 5". I also get turned down for my political views. The other issue is a lot of women seem to think everything a man says is "mansplaining." I see men getting attacked by women constantly all over social media. I've seen women happily post how much better the world would be with more betas, or if men just vanished altogether.

So it's a problem on both sides, and it'll only get worse if we don't fix it soon.
What some guys dont want to admit is that it happens to women also. Men turn them down for their weight, boob size, hair color, political views, job, number of previous partners, kids, having an opinion, etc. And just as there are men who cant seem to form relationships there are also women with the same issues.

Old 05-06-2022, 07:03 AM

24,646 posts, read 9,472,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Now, I don’t mean to be mean, and I’m not saying I’m all that and a bag of chips, but my history speaks for itself, and among the men in my age group, I’m solidly in the top tier, yet I get messaged all the time by women that aren’t even close to the top 50% … it’s astounding the number of grossly obese, unattractive females which in many cases look more like Don King having a bad hair day than someone I would ever date, and that ought to be just as evident to them too. It’s the same idea as that grossly obese ginger dude, that’s 35 and balding, who couldn’t get laid at the Bunny Ranch with a fist full of $50’s sending messages to the instagram models and expecting replies. This is the delusion for which I am speaking of.
Both parties can still find partners out of their league, if they're willing to travel for it.

I've seen plenty of old, elderly, fat, bald, ugly, short men getting laid or dating women half their age in foreign countries. Brazil, Eastern Europe, Thailand, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Colombia, etc. they want the local talent for their youth and body and local talent wants them for their money or perceived money. It's a mutual transaction and both parties are very happy.

And I'm sure the old, fat, ugly, western women who want Dwayne Johnson could easily find one in the the very same countries.

The solution to loneliness or involuntary celibacy is simple: a passport. It always has been and always will be. If you don't like your dating odds in the west, then visit a country where the odds are in your favor.

Last edited by Rocko20; 05-06-2022 at 07:13 AM..

Old 05-06-2022, 07:04 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,812,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankrigby View Post
No, just that men and women are different in how they deal with things. It seems straight men would put up with a lot more.

My partner and I do argue. It's not always harmonious. One thing I learned about myself when I started living with him was how much of a slob I am

He gripes about things being left out, dirty dishes being left in the sink.

But I understand he grew up in a home with 7 other siblings, a twin brother he shared a bed with until they were about ten. So in close quarters like that it's imperative to keep things neat.

I gripe at him about his fastidious behavior. Relax it's just us those dishes can stay in the sink for a day.

But I've never encountered passive aggressive behavior or of him.
Sounds like you have a good relationship. But you can’t take the microcosm of heterosexual relationships you’ve observed and assume they are the norm. Just like no one should assume your relationship is the norm for homosexual relationships.

Old 05-06-2022, 07:13 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,477,856 times
Quote:
The bold seems to be something women have difficulty with.

I've heard far more women saying "there is nothing wrong with me" or " I deserve something from people" or "Why do I have to change. I've even come across harpies screeching about the fact that men find something about them unattractive I or unappealing.

It was women trying to ban the word bossy. Inserted of working on themselves if they hear that as a reason for a breakup.

"If you can't handle me at my worst you don't deserve me at my best." Chicks who quote that in their social media are bad news. Do avoid!

Old 05-06-2022, 07:18 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
It's not a 'free market.' More like a rigged and manipulated market.

Now you're just making excuses.

Old 05-06-2022, 07:21 AM

Quote:
men are typically shunned mocked and castigated for that.

They're called mgtow or incels.

I'm not sure about women.
it would be very nice if most people took this approach of you manage you. Men are trained from a very early age that their sex drive is bad and they are subhuman for having it.

If only we could. When we use my sex drive at one time was considered criminal.
This is all in your head. Some scenario to blame others for your perceived failures or as an excuse not to take personal responsibility for your actions.

Who in your mind is training little boys that a sex drive is bad or shuns men from internal self happiness?

Has it not always been girls who are taught to save themselves for marriage, to give in to their sex drive makes them a loose woman (to put it politely). Men who "ran around" were bachlors and studs while women who ran around were hoes and sloots and "ruined". Isnt it women who are looked down upon for actually enjoying sex. How about "boys will be boys" and boys and men being called gay (when gay wasnt cool) if they did not express sexual thoughts and actions toward women.

Isnt it women who were groomed to be good wifes and find their happiness in keeping his house clean, his shirts ironed, no ring around the collar, having a good, hot meal ready when he gets home, etc.

MGTOW or incels are mocked because they are actually involuntarily alone and COMPLAIN AND BLAME WOMEN and denounce women because of it. They are sad and angry, not happy. No one shuns or mocks people for being happy with themselves , happy without a SO. People are actually taught one must love oneself before you can truly love another, one must find happiness within ones self to ever be truly happy, you can not depend on others for your happiness.

Old 05-06-2022, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
I agree with the basic premise of your position … happiness and satisfaction with life is absolutely a personal responsibility for each individual, and women are not the least bit culpable for guys that are alone and lonely. Everyone has their own natural inclinations as to who they find attractive as potential mates, and nobody owes anyone charity companionship and affection, in either direction.

The point is, we seem to have a glaring lack of empathy regarding those guys situations, from the dismissive “get over it” attitude, to an even worse response of stop your whining, to quit being a baby, etc. This is just more evidence that the heterosexual male is of no importance or consequence today, but if one should suffer a gender confusion issue, an army of helpful compassionate souls will rush to the rescue, and you know that’s true.

It’s just a measure of society’s lack of compassion and kindness, IMHO, and that has consequences also.
Why should we have empathy for some guy or gal who can not get laid by the person of their choice. I'm sure there are tons of people, most just dont complain and blame others. How sorry can you feel for those who refuse to take steps to help themselves, better themselves or change their situation.
Perhaps you need to take your cause up with the liberal left woke.

Old 05-06-2022, 09:38 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,322,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Not sure what you are getting at there but I feel for both sides that seem largely ignorant of the facts that relationships were not the way they are now - for 500 years or more prior to now.

I mean they were not *expected* to marry and have babies. They had no choice legally and if they failed they probably would end up in backbreaking labor or poverty and usually killing themselves by age 50. They couldn't own property.

It was find a man, any man, or die.

I mean, you're kind of proving my point with your response with how some women act these days. I was co-signing what you said. Forgive me for not using the words "had no choice." But had you actually not felt the need to cherrypick, you would've seen that I was agreeing with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Can you really blame them? Women's lives are probably pretty complete. If they have a good job they don't really need too much else. If men were a compliment to women, i.e., took care of the house, took care of the kids, contributed to the relationship... were sane, it would be good thing. But too many of them get married and turn into "men" -- refuse to take care of chores, play video games all day, cheat, are verbally and physically abusive (see Jonny Depp) start "asserting themselves" and the subsequent divorce can ruin lives and mental states.

Yes.. what would it be like for men to vanish -- maybe we need to see.

Again....you're kind of attributing to the problem. It's not a one-sided issue. Women can be just as ****ty as men can. Women can be abusive, toxic, controlling, violent, and downright cruel. It's not only men. Not all men are lazy and cheat. And video games.....really? A friend of mine married his girlfriend from high school. They have a house, a daughter, and both have good careers. He likes to game on weekends. So does that mean he's "insane?" Because by your definition, a "sane male" wouldn't do that?

I'm not sure if you can hear me all the way back in the 60's, but it's incredibly ignorant and tiresome to see women like you attack men for having hobbies. I know plenty of women who'd rather take comfort knowing their SO is in the next room over playing a game, instead of being out and about doing who knows what.

Also, you might want to "see Johnny Depp" in a more fair light. Because Amber Heard is just as toxic and abusive as he is, if not worse. Have you even watched the trial? We literally have audio footage of Amber heckling Johnny after attacking him when he said he was going to call the police. "Go ahead and call Johnny, they'll never believe you because you're a man." For God's sake, she got off on pooping in his bed!

As for your last comment....yeah....you're definitely one of those Progressive feminists. I mean really, "maybe we need to see?" OK, I'll flip it back to you: maybe we need to see how life would be without women.

When you're done foaming at the mouth and clawing your eyes out, come back and reply. Until then, carry on as you were.

Last edited by DK736; 05-06-2022 at 10:02 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 05-06-2022, 09:57 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,322,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
What some guys dont want to admit is that it happens to women also. Men turn them down for their weight, boob size, hair color, political views, job, number of previous partners, kids, having an opinion, etc. And just as there are men who cant seem to form relationships there are also women with the same issues.

Oh for sure, it definitely happens on the other side as well. I have a friend who constantly gives me crap because I'm attracted to curvy women. He says he doesn't understand the hype behind it. I'm like there's no hype man, people like what they like. He's still stuck with this 90's mindset that he can only talk to skinny blondes stepping off the Baywatch set. He's had many opportunities to talk to women who are interested in him but rejects them over the dumbest thing.

And again, I get that everyone has a preference. Having said that, if you're going to nitpick every single thing about a person, then don't be shocked when you find out you're still single.

Old 05-06-2022, 10:04 AM

6,844 posts, read 3,963,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
"If you can't handle me at my worst you don't deserve me at my best." Chicks who quote that in their social media are bad news. Do avoid!
Then you will avoid everyone because that is actually the truth of most relationships whether it is said up front or not. You actually do have to learn to handle people to get what you want in life. Bosses, co-workers, employees, relatives, neighbors, teachers, strangers, doctors, vendors, etc. Why should partners be any differeent?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies