Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2022, 01:56 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,655,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
Mostly they have angry and bitter personalities and never developed proper socialization in their youth that's what it comes down too.
You're, no doubt, referring to men who since junior high school were bullied by girls and sometimes males who wanted nothing to do with them because they were too homely and ugly in the face. So girls would tell them they looked like an abortion that lived. In response to the bullying, they became isolated and lonely, figuring nobody would want to be around them, since they didn't want to be in the presence of other ugly people as well. Hopefully, such guys can eventually find they can relieve the hurt and loneliness caused by other human beings by finding a pet to adopt and devote their lives to. A cocker spaniel, for instance, is adorably cute, but will never hold its owner's ugly looks against him as long as he feeds him and gives him loving attention. Contrast that to a woman who may further want nothing to do with the homely guy, because he is so pitifully lacking in being well endowed that his manhood is smaller than her little finger.

Old 05-11-2022, 02:40 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,962,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
You're, no doubt, referring to men who since junior high school were bullied by girls and sometimes males who wanted nothing to do with them because they were too homely and ugly in the face. So girls would tell them they looked like an abortion that lived. In response to the bullying, they became isolated and lonely, figuring nobody would want to be around them, since they didn't want to be in the presence of other ugly people as well. Hopefully, such guys can eventually find they can relieve the hurt and loneliness caused by other human beings by finding a pet to adopt and devote their lives to. A cocker spaniel, for instance, is adorably cute, but will never hold its owner's ugly looks against him as long as he feeds him and gives him loving attention. Contrast that to a woman who may further want nothing to do with the homely guy, because he is so pitifully lacking in being well endowed that his manhood is smaller than her little finger.
Really Townie. Is it necessary to keep repeating your story? Maybe it's your fantasy, I dont really know. Most people grow up and leave behind the high school nonsense and cruelty of teenagers. Accept yourself and the world as they are and make the best of it that you can... or go hide in the basement for the rest of your life. Your choice.

I do find your posts on other topics interesting and have repped you often.

Old 05-11-2022, 08:43 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Really Townie. Is it necessary to keep repeating your story? Maybe it's your fantasy, I dont really know. Most people grow up and leave behind the high school nonsense and cruelty of teenagers. Accept yourself and the world as they are and make the best of it that you can... or go hide in the basement for the rest of your life. Your choice.

I do find your posts on other topics interesting and have repped you often.
Seriously.

The repeated references to male genitals are frankly weird and eyebrow raising. Plenty of ugly people in this world grow up and find love. I wish I could ethically be OK with sharing a photo of my cousin and her husband. They are pretty out there on the extreme of unfortunate in the looks department. And yet somehow both of them found each other, found ways to get the love of one another, and they have kids. As for the size of a guy's junk, it might be worth pointing out that lesbians are better at giving each other orgasms than straight guys in general are at giving women orgasms. Toys exist. Which has a dual point to be made...first that if that were all women cared about, we'd just go with that, and not bother with some dude. Secondly, couples can absolutely make use of those, not just single people. If two people want to make each other feel good, they can find ways to do that.

Or...a guy can, rather than looking for ways to develop his personality, embracing healthier perspectives and philosophies and actually trying to become someone that another human being might want to spend time around...instead, he can cling to bitterness and obsess over his shortcomings, hate himself and other people, and be a miserable, lonely sad sack.

I've always said...a man's gotta have SOMETHING going for him. Some have looks, or money. Some have talent or wit. No one has to have everything perfect, but anyone has to have something that compels another person to take enough of an interest to want to hang around. And at least some options for developing your own appeal are a lot more about what is going on in your head, than they are about factors you cannot help.

Of course...for those not naturally gifted with easy appeal, it will require effort. Resilience. But I don't know anyone who had everything easy in life, who ultimately achieved total success and happiness without having to be strong and resilient and overcome hardships of some sort. I'm sure that such blessed and fortunate souls exist, but I have not met one. Being pretty does not guarantee you a life of ease and happiness. A person who doesn't have your particular struggle, has other problems they might struggle with just as hard. It's not what anybody wants to hear, but we've got to play the hand we're dealt in life. If any of us choose instead to throw down the cards and go sulk in a corner muttering about how unfair it is that we didn't get what we wanted, well...that is a choice. You can't possibly win if you don't even play.

And an ugly personality will sink anyone's chances at success in life and love, so much more thoroughly than an ugly face.

Old 05-11-2022, 08:55 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,444,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
That's the gist of most of this thread and many others on CD. Women without a man blaming men and men without a woman blaming women. Conservatives without a good relationship blaming liberals and liberals without a good relationship blaming conservatives. People with troubled upbringings blaming their parents. People only interested in those that aren't interested in them. Nobody looking in the mirror and saying "maybe it's me".
A simply and succinctly stated narrative, and yet this is it. And I believe if we look for a reason, we will find roots in how information and socialization has morphed. The creation of echo chambers online to completely surgically remove the voices one doesn't agree with, and now we have folks who can't tolerate any opinion that doesn't align with their own. Add in the entitlement people feel to get the exact person they fantasize about and here we are.

Old 05-11-2022, 09:21 AM

3,501 posts, read 3,138,787 times
Quote:
I was considered quite ugly (and scrawny) in my youth and was told so many times in many ways, so I can totally sympathize, but either standards have changed or I am a late bloomer, because I did much better later in life. I'm not going to win awards for looks, fitness or fashion but I have done OK with the ladies.
I remember when I was young, girls who were chubby or wore glasses were considered unattractive (I have always had crushes on girls with "smart girl glasses" ever since I was a kid so I didn't buy into that) Now women who wear glasses, aren't fitness models, covered in tattoos with green hair are considered attractive or at least cute and I agree and think that's great so things have changed over time... But I digress...

I have much respect for your opinions here, and sincerely hope that you don't count yourself out just yet. It's terrible what girls told you when you were younger, but I doubt you are as ugly as you have convinced yourself you are.

Old 05-11-2022, 09:23 AM

15,866 posts, read 21,455,012 times
Quote:

This is an example of a narrative whose owner requires therapy.

P.S. Your obsession with how you think women think about their partner's "manhood" is indicative of your lack of experience with women. If you poll a group of women about the most important traits or characteristics for their partners to be good in bed, I'd be surprised if penis size is in the top 5 for more than a handful.

Old 05-11-2022, 05:58 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,868,996 times
StillwaterTownie, how did you treat ugly girls when you were in high school?

How do you treat ugly women now?

Old 05-12-2022, 09:25 PM

407 posts, read 342,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
Men have become feminized in this country. And contrary to popular belief, most women instinctually are attracted to a more masculine man. Now of course women will settle for a ninny boy type, Mr. Mom, but they crave a real man.

Younger, more attractive women are busy on only fans and selling their looks online for money. Little interest in dating.

Older men who are still attractive and Carry themselves in a more masculine and traditional form who haven’t let themselves go and are still physically attractive are the ones getting all the younger women. Sorry, but it’s true. When I went through my 40’s, I had women in their 20’s throwing themselves at me. I was fit, had money, and was traditional in how I treated women. They ate this up as young men today see women as simple sex objects and don’t know how to treat them in a way that attracts them.

I am a biracial Black man born in the 70s who is professionally employed, above average looking, masculine and athletic. Also, I look 15+ years younger. I have no luck with women that are younger than their late 30s. Most women I've dated were a little older than me.

Old 05-13-2022, 01:16 AM

13,282 posts, read 7,330,443 times
Dating is about attraction not expectation I see some in this thread have an expectation that woman should be attracted to them when they should be saying what can I do to make myself more attractive. You won't get anywhere blaming woman. Same goes for woman who can't find a man as well. If you can't figure it out go seek counseling you might not be aware what you project.

Old 05-15-2022, 02:04 AM

24,649 posts, read 9,472,982 times
I also want to point out that dating was supposed to make things easier, but it actually made it much harder. Now anyone basically has an “endless supply” of potential dates that they can cherry-pick and nit pick down to the height, location, bio information, age, and pictures.

But the solution has always been the same since the beginning of time: travel. If you don’t meet the average western expectations or standards of what’s attractive, travel to a place where you do.

I’m an average 5’10” black man. There’s nothing that going to make me an NBA player, Jeff Bezos, or a male model. But I’ve been, and will continue to go to places where I am treated like them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies