Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2022, 12:42 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,932,054 times

Advertisements

Want to know why men are opting out, it’s simple .
Divorce favors the woman.
The guy looses every time.

Old 05-18-2022, 01:36 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
And this is the flip side of dont be dependent on another person for your wellbeing, survival and future. Dont let another able bodied adult be dependent on you for their wellbeing, survival and future.

I've heard this "divorce favors the woman" so many times and it is because men are married to dependent SAHMs and they dont accept that when you married all assets and debts are one regardless of who actually earned money to pay for them. You created a dependent and legally you must support that dependent to some extent until they are able to support themselves.

Old 05-18-2022, 02:10 PM

27,582 posts, read 28,693,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Societies go In cycles. There is really no reason for a man to take on a wife in these modern times. Plenty of cons and very little pros.
Marriage is still the best institution for a man and a woman to be in a committed relationship and to produce and raise children. Most Americans do have children at some point in their lives.

This is not likely to change in the foreseeable future.

Old 05-18-2022, 04:07 PM

8,245 posts, read 3,500,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Definitely not true. I got nothing but the clothes I escaped with in the divorce. He got everything else.

Old 05-22-2022, 07:15 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,760,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Marriage is still the best institution for a man and a woman to be in a committed relationship and to produce and raise children. Most Americans do have children at some point in their lives.

Capitalism has made being a single mom a good thing. There is no stigma anymore and there is a ton of support plus people laud you for being brave or strong or whatever. I agree 2 parent household yields the best overall results but tunes have changed. Women now reap all the benefits from Marriage without the traditional roles. So I don't see it as a fair exchange anymore. It's a great deal for a woman. If I was a woman I would take that deal in a heartbeat.

Old 05-22-2022, 07:17 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,760,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Definitely not true. I got nothing but the clothes I escaped with in the divorce. He got everything else.
He must have been a cop.

Old 05-22-2022, 08:28 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,551,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post

And no child deserves to be born to parents who aren't married.

I never knowingly met anyone who was born to parents who weren't married until I was 28, and I'm in my early 60s and grew up in the SF Bay Area.

Old 05-22-2022, 10:07 AM

15,096 posts, read 8,643,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
And this is the flip side of dont be dependent on another person for your wellbeing, survival and future. Dont let another able bodied adult be dependent on you for their wellbeing, survival and future.

I've heard this "divorce favors the woman" so many times and it is because men are married to dependent SAHMs and they dont accept that when you married all assets and debts are one regardless of who actually earned money to pay for them. You created a dependent and legally you must support that dependent to some extent until they are able to support themselves.
Can’t you please admit, just once, that men are often treated unfairly? Would it really kill you?

The way the system works, the guy will always lose, except in the most extreme circumstances when the female is such an atrocious mother, the courts refuse to grant her primary custody. But she has to be really bad for that to happen. If she is just a rotten, lying, cheating disgrace, and totally responsible for the failure of the marriage, she’ll still walk away with not just half of everything, but also hefty child support payments that can literally drive the guy into financial ruin, on top of the broken heart, and loss of his children. Nice.

I personally know a couple guys like that. In fact, my 1st cousin … awesome guy … absolutely one of the best human beings you could ever know … total straight shooter, great husband, devoted father, top notch provider who everyone admires. His wife had a secret. After three kids, and 8 years of marriage, he accidentally discovered this little secret …. his wife’s best friend, was actually her lesbian lover for the entire duration of their marriage, and years before. The moment he caught them together, that’s when it all came out. She coldly and callously informed him that the only reason she married him was to produce the children that her and her long time lesbian lover would eventually raise together, as a couple. That was the plan from the beginning.

And right on cue, she takes the 3 boys, they move in together …. and daddy gets to pay these two scumbags an astronomical amount of child support on his single salary, while they live large on both of their salaries, plus his large monthly contribution. He also had to buy her out for half of the home equity due her, or sell the house. Talk about messed up …. that should be a crime. It was absolute, premeditated fraud, not to mention evil.

Of course, the only way a court will not automatically grant custody to the mother is if it can be proven she is an unfit mother … an unworthy scumbag fraud doesn’t count …. but hopefully, she’ll get exactly what she deserves eventually, if such a punishment is even possible.

Old 05-22-2022, 12:27 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,964,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
And no child deserves to be born to parents who aren't married.

I never knowingly met anyone who was born to parents who weren't married until I was 28, and I'm in my early 60s and grew up in the SF Bay Area.
People didn't advertise it back then. It was shameful to be born out of wedlock. Such a child would not have told you.

If you knew any adopted kids back then, chances are some of them came from unmarried mothers who gave them up.

Old 05-22-2022, 12:29 PM

24,650 posts, read 9,477,090 times
Quote:
Here you go again. How in the world do you get that I said women shouldn't get married?
Your narrative has been very clear:

Stay at home parents are evil, and everyone should work until they’re dead.

People are going to get married. Some people are going to stay at home and raise the kids, it’s not the end of the world. Between child support, alimony, life insurance, and the division of assets, stay at home parents do not need your condescension.

Quote:
Reading responses this thread I can certainly see why some people are perpetually lonely and sexless.
Yeah, the ones who paint every marriage with a broad brush. Like you.

Quote:
The broad category of “stay-at-home” mothers includes not only mothers who say they are at home in order to care for their families, but also those who are at home because they are unable to find work, are disabled or are enrolled in school.
https://www.pewresearch.org/social-t...-home-mothers/

Last edited by Rocko20; 05-22-2022 at 12:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies