Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2022, 07:28 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,760,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Close. He was buddies with the cops and he worked for the government. He still does.
Bingo

Old 05-24-2022, 07:37 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
The reason most men aren't getting laid as much as they want these days is that most men are no damn good at it.

This approach worked when they could have their pick of women who would put up with lousy sex in return for room and board.
Best post I've read in this thread.

Old 05-24-2022, 07:39 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,756,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
This is a topic that is considered highly 'taboo,' so it is hardly ever discussed. However, I'm thinking that this issue is growing so large that it will soon become impossible to ignore. I'm referencing the "new normal" of perpetual loneliness/sexlessness/lack of intimacy among the men of today, especially young men under the age of 30.

The modern world with its abundance of cold technology breeds atomization, which breeds isolation, which breeds a lack of sex, societal interaction, and intimacy among the masses, particularly among young men. Things were already very bad prior to 2020, but the pandemic seems to have accelerated this process greatly. Covid plunged millions of men into desperate loneliness and sexlessness, leading to record levels of what the kids these days call "simping," as well as the explosion of virtual masturbation and virtual intimacy sites such as OnlyScams and others.

I'm seeing increasing evidence that loneliness and sexlessness is becoming the "new normal" for men, and this new generation of young men have it the worst. It's not just fat, repulsive neckbeards who are ending up alone, unsexed, and unloved. Many of these guys are well adjusted, fit, decent looking, financially stable, etc yet can't get so much as a hug or a kiss on the cheek (without paying a hooker, that is). I'm seeing study after study, survey after survey, showing that people are increasingly isolated, sexless, and without a partner.

I'm seeing an increasing number of guys online complaining about not having been on a date for several years, or swiping right on these dating apps and ending up with absolutely nothing, etc. I went to a nightclub with some colleagues for the first time since the Great Lockdown a few weeks ago, and it's astounding just how bad things have gotten in that short amount of time. None of the females seemed to care whatsoever about any of the males there. The guys were little more than barely visible props to them. What the hell is going on?

In many ways, Japan seems to be "ahead of the curve." They started massive "QE" and debt monetization two decades before the US and the EU did. And they're also leading the way in sexlessness and loneliness. The US is basically becoming Japan in many respects. The social phenomenon discussed in this post is already happening in full force over there.

In the near-term future, I see virtual reality being the closest thing many, if not the majority, of young men have to intimacy with a female. "Simping" will only grow more aggressive, the parasite known as OnlyScams will grow ever larger to suck the monetary lifeblood out of these desperate males. Men will be paying through the nose for any semblance of intimacy with a woman, no matter how virtual and illusory. Utterly dystopic.

I want to end this post by asking: what will be the mid to long-term consequences of all this? I cannot say in any detail, but I believe we are heading for an extremely destabilized future. Isolated men with no access to sex, affection, or intimacy, become apathetic, nihilistic, disruptive.... and destructive.
can you blame them? have you met a woman from any generation that came after gen x?

Old 05-24-2022, 07:42 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Why would you expect a woman who is young enough to be your daughter would want to date you? A 20-something who wanted to date you would be someone with daddy issues.
Don’t forget money issues as many date much older men for that.

Old 05-24-2022, 10:14 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,964,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Don’t forget money issues as many date much older men for that.
Many more women these days are capable of supporting themselves and thus are not so desperate for marriage to a sugar daddy.

Old 05-24-2022, 10:52 PM

4,218 posts, read 2,461,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
The reason most men aren't getting laid as much as they want these days is that most men are no damn good at it.

This approach worked when they could have their pick of women who would put up with lousy sex in return for room and board.
A functional mating system needs to be based on something other than mutual sexual attraction, since most women are not attracted to most men.

Old 05-25-2022, 12:45 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,655,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Eh, let me just say the bars, dance clubs, strip clubs, etc are all very well stocked with happy men congregating while they sweet talk the ladies/men/transgenders/whatever they fancy. The man that is lonely and sexless is rare and have underlying issues.
Well, it has been said that good looking guys come a dime a dozen. And a good number of them are surely good catches.

Old 05-25-2022, 05:17 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,297,747 times
A couple of good threads here including one where the guy tried to be a white knight and save a woman who was getting beaten by her boyfriend and she went and turned on the guy. The topic included debating whether or not to intervene in domestic situations because the women will so often defend their abusers, even so far as attacking cops. "You've got to learn to recognize foreplay among masochists."

The other link is a thread on divorce and suicide rates.

https://www.godlikeproductions.com/f...age5099890/pg1

https://www.godlikeproductions.com/f...age5143428/pg1

When you are happy with yourself and can be alone that is when you get a good relationship. When we are looking for happiness through another it gets bad. The biggest problem with humanity is most cannot learn to be complete and whole with oneself. Everyone is looking for someone else to fill their voids. Humans need to first learn to be content and happy alone. Self sufficient. Capable. Truly happy alone. Then a relationship could have a chance. They don’t NEED another person to complete them.

I'd personally avoid the alcoholics. The heavy drinkers come with the most problems and baggage. Their inability to control their drinking translates into other habits in their lives. Any excessive drug use of any sort... even marijuana and caffeine... addiction to vices is a red flag.

Last edited by sholomar; 05-25-2022 at 06:05 AM..

Old 05-25-2022, 06:38 AM

36,544 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
A couple of good threads here including one where the guy tried to be a white knight and save a woman who was getting beaten by her boyfriend and she went and turned on the guy. The topic included debating whether or not to intervene in domestic situations because the women will so often defend their abusers, even so far as attacking cops. "You've got to learn to recognize foreplay among masochists."

The other link is a thread on divorce and suicide rates.

https://www.godlikeproductions.com/f...age5099890/pg1

https://www.godlikeproductions.com/f...age5143428/pg1

When you are happy with yourself and can be alone that is when you get a good relationship. When we are looking for happiness through another it gets bad. The biggest problem with humanity is most cannot learn to be complete and whole with oneself. Everyone is looking for someone else to fill their voids. Humans need to first learn to be content and happy alone. Self sufficient. Capable. Truly happy alone. Then a relationship could have a chance. They don’t NEED another person to complete them.

I'd personally avoid the alcoholics. The heavy drinkers come with the most problems and baggage. Their inability to control their drinking translates into other habits in their lives. Any excessive drug use of any sort... even marijuana and caffeine... addiction to vices is a red flag.
I did not read the article as clicking on accepting a membership was required but I dont see what the domestic assault has to do with anything. Its common knowledge among officers that this most often happens in domestic calls. It happens in either gender situation but its more often the male assaulting the female. That is why now generally one WILL go to jail if the cops are called regardless if the victim wants to press charges.

Your second paragraph I 100% agree with. Earlier up thread I stated :"dont be dependent on another person for your wellbeing, survival and future" (which has ben so horribly misconstrued by a certain poster its not even funny anymore), same concept.

Old 05-25-2022, 06:44 AM

4,218 posts, read 2,461,517 times
Women have really always been dependent on men for their survival, for provision and protection. They still are, but this dependence is now impersonal, rather than personal as it was in the past, which gives women the illusion that they are "independent." Once the techno-industrial economic system breaks down due to energy and resource depletion, women will no longer be able to entertain this illusion. Women's "independence" is really just a result of 100 years of abundant oil
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies