Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2022, 09:15 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,647,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Definitely not true. I got nothing but the clothes I escaped with in the divorce. He got everything else.
You were married? Then could you please explain this?

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...l#post63356572

Quote:
I am in my forties and I have never been asked on a date. I have had to live with no companionship.

At my late age the available men are trash anyway. They mess around. They do drugs. They commit crimes and frequent the jail. A lot of them don't bathe and stink. Low lifes.

I have tried online dating but no luck there. They are just looking for a woman to have sex with and I am not like that.

Since I have never been with anyone then I can never be guilty of cheating on anyone. I have never tried drugs. I am better than what could ever be available now anyway.

Old 05-22-2022, 09:25 PM

2,157 posts, read 1,445,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post

Boy o boy what a good catch. Looks like the lady painted herself into a corner.

Old 05-22-2022, 09:47 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,081,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
Oh God, another dimwitted post! So now you're blaming a man for having friends?! Look, here's the harsh reality you and Arya seem to no comprehend - BOTH SIDES DO IT!!!

- Both sides cheat
- Both sides can have a toxic personality
- Some women just want to get laid
- Some men just want to get laid
- Not every man wants a relationship
- Not every woman wants a relationship

And why the HELL does it matter what your SO's nationality is?! If you're happy then you're happy. Sure, interracial couples are becoming more common in shows and movies now, but let's not act like they weren't a thing before Hollywood deemed it popular. I'm the end product of an interracial marriage. As far as the rest of your gibberish, it's exactly that.
I’m not the one complaining men are doomed. Maybe it’s the heat and lots of skin showing - but I don’t see a lack of sex as a problem with the youth in Fl. We are a very mixed family, my youngest grand is Cuban/ Chinese/Black on the moms side and Heinz 57 on dads. I’m glad it’s more popular on tv/ social media now.
And there no one side that does more from the other, but I plugged info below. I raised 3 sons. The wives complaints. The buds and the gaming. I imagine in some circles are the golf widows.
But recently- to be honest - I see a lot of wicked women, I blame it on the Kardash syndrome. Mean girls.

In general, men are more likely than women to cheat: 20% of men and 13% of women reported that they've had sex with someone other than their spouse while married, according to data from the recent General Social Survey(GSS).Jan 10, 2018

https://ifstudies.org/

Old 05-22-2022, 09:49 PM

8,246 posts, read 3,500,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
He must have been a cop.
Close. He was buddies with the cops and he worked for the government. He still does.

Old 05-22-2022, 10:11 PM

8,246 posts, read 3,500,710 times
Quote:

I was raped when I was a child. Because of Bible verses about if a man is found to be with an unbetrothed virgin that he was to marry her, I was forced to marry the thing when I was a child. I never had a boyfriend or dated or even been asked on a date. The church blamed me for the sin of fornication and insisted that I could have stopped it had I wanted to. I never wanted to marry the thing.

I was raised in a strict religious area and I was not intending on being with someone until I was married as I was taught to be. I was wanting to go to college and play basketball. I wasn't wanting to get married yet. I didn't get to do anything that I wanted to do. The adults chose for me.

My rapist was black. By the time I escaped with my daughter, it was too late because men saw that a black man had been with me and disappeared. Black men saw me with her and kept harassing me to get with me.

Too old for it now and not healthy enough. Everything is too late now. Just the way it is.

Old 05-22-2022, 10:16 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,321,986 times
Quote:
It doesn't help that the liberal culture seems bent on denigrating men, especially white men, at every turn. Mansplaining. Manspreading. Misogyny. Toxic masculinity. Women are being taught to avoid being with men (other than for casual sex, if that) and they will be better off without them. When women see men not as complimentary mates but as dangerous enemies, of course they'll avoid them. Decent, honorable men are tarred with the pathologies of the few. And men come to the conclusion that there's no incentive for them to behave decently and honorably, since they're not going to get a woman anyway, and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy.

Conservative philosophy, which sees men and women as complimentary instead of combative, would seem to make for better relations between the sexes. I wonder if conservative men and women are having as much trouble connecting with each other as liberal men and women seem to be.
Believe it or not conservative philosophy is not the answer for all the problems that you either see or imagine.

Old 05-23-2022, 02:09 AM

1,655 posts, read 776,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
This is a topic that is considered highly 'taboo,' so it is hardly ever discussed. However, I'm thinking that this issue is growing so large that it will soon become impossible to ignore. I'm referencing the "new normal" of perpetual loneliness/sexlessness/lack of intimacy among the men of today, especially young men under the age of 30.

The modern world with its abundance of cold technology breeds atomization, which breeds isolation, which breeds a lack of sex, societal interaction, and intimacy among the masses, particularly among young men. Things were already very bad prior to 2020, but the pandemic seems to have accelerated this process greatly. Covid plunged millions of men into desperate loneliness and sexlessness, leading to record levels of what the kids these days call "simping," as well as the explosion of virtual masturbation and virtual intimacy sites such as OnlyScams and others.

I'm seeing increasing evidence that loneliness and sexlessness is becoming the "new normal" for men, and this new generation of young men have it the worst. It's not just fat, repulsive neckbeards who are ending up alone, unsexed, and unloved. Many of these guys are well adjusted, fit, decent looking, financially stable, etc yet can't get so much as a hug or a kiss on the cheek (without paying a hooker, that is). I'm seeing study after study, survey after survey, showing that people are increasingly isolated, sexless, and without a partner.

I'm seeing an increasing number of guys online complaining about not having been on a date for several years, or swiping right on these dating apps and ending up with absolutely nothing, etc. I went to a nightclub with some colleagues for the first time since the Great Lockdown a few weeks ago, and it's astounding just how bad things have gotten in that short amount of time. None of the females seemed to care whatsoever about any of the males there. The guys were little more than barely visible props to them. What the hell is going on?

In many ways, Japan seems to be "ahead of the curve." They started massive "QE" and debt monetization two decades before the US and the EU did. And they're also leading the way in sexlessness and loneliness. The US is basically becoming Japan in many respects. The social phenomenon discussed in this post is already happening in full force over there.

In the near-term future, I see virtual reality being the closest thing many, if not the majority, of young men have to intimacy with a female. "Simping" will only grow more aggressive, the parasite known as OnlyScams will grow ever larger to suck the monetary lifeblood out of these desperate males. Men will be paying through the nose for any semblance of intimacy with a woman, no matter how virtual and illusory. Utterly dystopic.

I want to end this post by asking: what will be the mid to long-term consequences of all this? I cannot say in any detail, but I believe we are heading for an extremely destabilized future. Isolated men with no access to sex, affection, or intimacy, become apathetic, nihilistic, disruptive.... and destructive.
Very interesting post. I know of quite a few single men under 45 that simply can’t get a date despite being normal guys that shower and work a job everyday. On the other hand, I also know a lot of women that seem to be their equals (looks wise) that basically get dates when they want them (a few in my own family). Not to be insulting, but even overweight women with kids that work low paying jobs can get dates. Now sure we could say many of these women are getting dates with a lot of men that just want sex, but even that situation is far less isolating than simply not being able to interact with the opposite sex at all. Being a 30+ male that isn’t married and can’t date is like being in a prison — by those ages men can become extremely isolated from close human contact…especially if they don’t have much family support. A lot of friends drop off too at 30, 35, 40+. I believe suicide is even highest amongst middle aged men.

Old 05-23-2022, 06:41 AM

36,543 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Can’t you please admit, just once, that men are often treated unfairly? Would it really kill you?

The way the system works, the guy will always lose, except in the most extreme circumstances when the female is such an atrocious mother, the courts refuse to grant her primary custody. But she has to be really bad for that to happen. If she is just a rotten, lying, cheating disgrace, and totally responsible for the failure of the marriage, she’ll still walk away with not just half of everything, but also hefty child support payments that can literally drive the guy into financial ruin, on top of the broken heart, and loss of his children. Nice.

I personally know a couple guys like that. In fact, my 1st cousin … awesome guy … absolutely one of the best human beings you could ever know … total straight shooter, great husband, devoted father, top notch provider who everyone admires. His wife had a secret. After three kids, and 8 years of marriage, he accidentally discovered this little secret …. his wife’s best friend, was actually her lesbian lover for the entire duration of their marriage, and years before. The moment he caught them together, that’s when it all came out. She coldly and callously informed him that the only reason she married him was to produce the children that her and her long time lesbian lover would eventually raise together, as a couple. That was the plan from the beginning.

And right on cue, she takes the 3 boys, they move in together …. and daddy gets to pay these two scumbags an astronomical amount of child support on his single salary, while they live large on both of their salaries, plus his large monthly contribution. He also had to buy her out for half of the home equity due her, or sell the house. Talk about messed up …. that should be a crime. It was absolute, premeditated fraud, not to mention evil.

Of course, the only way a court will not automatically grant custody to the mother is if it can be proven she is an unfit mother … an unworthy scumbag fraud doesn’t count …. but hopefully, she’ll get exactly what she deserves eventually, if such a punishment is even possible.
I never said men are never treated unfairly. Of course there are women who are as evil and manipulative as there are men. That is not the point I'm making.
I know XYZ that happend to XYZ couples. We all do. I know first hand what happened in my 2 divorces, my brothers and my sisters divorce and my sons. People can be chitty.

My point is yes marriage is a partnership so when that partnership ends both parties will get an equitable share of everything, like home equity, or as you guys like to say "she got all my stuff".

I've been involved in enough divorced and child custody and child support to know you are wrong. the average CS is 400/month if you can get it and fathers most often will get custody if they actually ask for it. Why shouldn't the non custodial parent pay child support, its their children why the contempt for contributing financial support for your own children?

Did the wife/mother in your scenario work outside the home?

Old 05-23-2022, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Your narrative has been very clear:

Stay at home parents are evil, and everyone should work until they’re dead.

People are going to get married. Some people are going to stay at home and raise the kids, it’s not the end of the world. Between child support, alimony, life insurance, and the division of assets, stay at home parents do not need your condescension.

Yeah, the ones who paint every marriage with a broad brush. Like you.

https://www.pewresearch.org/social-t...-home-mothers/
You are the ONLY ONE who got that from what I said even after I explained over again. Its just going to be your problem if you want to refuse to accept what I actually said.

Old 05-23-2022, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Capitalism has made being a single mom a good thing. There is no stigma anymore and there is a ton of support plus people laud you for being brave or strong or whatever. I agree 2 parent household yields the best overall results but tunes have changed. Women now reap all the benefits from Marriage without the traditional roles. So I don't see it as a fair exchange anymore. It's a great deal for a woman. If I was a woman I would take that deal in a heartbeat.
Go have you a kid or two with no spouse and raise them by yourself then come back and tell us how gravy that life is.

I was a single parent. My husband died when our kids were 6 and 2. There was very little insurance money. I got no government benefits. POS car, old house, no insurance of any kind, no phone, little food, got most our clothes from yard sales and thrift stores. Worked two part time jobs and finished my degree. We were poor. It was hard. Not just financially but raising kids alone, without support and team effort is hard. Kids, school, work and worrying every minute of everyday. If I hadn't had help with child care from my family I dont know what I would have done.
I'm not sure what benefits you think single parents cashed in on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies