Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2022, 12:49 AM

134 posts, read 92,295 times

Advertisements

"perpetual loneliness / sexlessness / lack of intimacy among the men of today" - If you want to discuss seriously, you need to raise the issue why prostitution is illegal in the USA? Many US states carry out "prostitution sting operations" where men are arrested and their photos and names published in local media. In Texas, even contact with a prostitute is felony and jail. So what do US guys who don't have sex in the US do? Let's face it, regularly and massively every year, hundreds of thousands of US guys visit countries where prostitution and brothels are legal, e.g. in Europe, Central and South America, Asia etc., and spend hundreds of thousands of dollars there (not in the US). They have the best vacation ever and come back happy and repeat in the next year or next month. My advice to US politicians and US guys without sex is: Legalize prostitution. Not in every state, but in a few large cities on the West Coast, East Coast and the Midwest. Not street prostitution, but well-organized prostitution with clean brothels, beautiful women, with regular STD control as is the case in many countries around the world. That's my opinion and thank you.

Old 05-03-2022, 01:14 AM

24,922 posts, read 9,673,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Women wanted independence , now they got it.
Men are paranoid of being ripped off, so they avoid the con game altogether.
It doesn’t get any simpler than that.
I think soon, marriage will be a thing of the past. Men don't want to be on the hook for alimony and the division of assets, and women don't want to be considered "property" or change their last name.

You don't need a piece of paper to love someone or raise kids. Non-married or divorced people do it everyday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
1. Meeting people at work. This has been redefined to be sexual harassment by the woke crowd.
2. On the street. This has been redefined to be stalking by the woke crowd.
Also, not buying your partner or giving them something they want is considered "financial abuse."

At this point, most men are simply better off with adult videos and being single.

Old 05-03-2022, 01:39 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,748,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I know lots of people in their 20s and 30s and all have BF/GF, and/or are getting married.

At a certain point, these lonely/sexless people are going to have to look in the mirror.
No, they certainly don't like the idea of doing that, because they don't want to see and be reminded of a damned ugly face looking right back at them. They likely resist having pictures taken of them so later in life they will have very few pictures of themselves.

Old 05-03-2022, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I also have a 24 year old and 20 year old grandsons (and sons), as well as a bunch of nephews in that age range. No problem making friends or meeting girls/women, dating or being in relationships or even marrying. Same for the few nieces I have and all these kids friends I know. So as much as things have changed since 1972, they have also stayed the same.
So, I've heard good looking guys come a dime a dozen. But not every male is born to be that way.

Old 05-03-2022, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzmk View Post
"perpetual loneliness / sexlessness / lack of intimacy among the men of today" - If you want to discuss seriously, you need to raise the issue why prostitution is illegal in the USA? Many US states carry out "prostitution sting operations" where men are arrested and their photos and names published in local media. In Texas, even contact with a prostitute is felony and jail. So what do US guys who don't have sex in the US do? Let's face it, regularly and massively every year, hundreds of thousands of US guys visit countries where prostitution and brothels are legal, e.g. in Europe, Central and South America, Asia etc., and spend hundreds of thousands of dollars there (not in the US). They have the best vacation ever and come back happy and repeat in the next year or next month. My advice to US politicians and US guys without sex is: Legalize prostitution. Not in every state, but in a few large cities on the West Coast, East Coast and the Midwest. Not street prostitution, but well-organized prostitution with clean brothels, beautiful women, with regular STD control as is the case in many countries around the world. That's my opinion and thank you.
I agree. If Oklahoma legalized prostitution and built nice resorts for it off of I-35 near the Red River then the hordes of johns coming in from Texas would be HUGE!

Old 05-03-2022, 04:45 AM

7,271 posts, read 4,609,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
It was such a shame. I enjoyed talking to him and I probably would have fallen for him had he not turned out to be a liar. We never met once in all of that time. He just wanted to text. He never knew that he was busted out for his lies in all of that time.
I do actually work in law enforcement adjacent and I can tell you these sites are 99% scammers or worse.

And human beings are just horrible to each other these days. So much so that it really isn't worth dealing with them. From those who set up cameras in bathrooms to people putting Apple trackers on you, to people putting drugs in your drink, unless you get them young - men are a clear and present threat to most women.

I think it is bigger than men vrs women, it is more like people in general are terrible to each other. The baby boomer generation brought with it their "me" at all costs. And this is now the world we live in.. where everyone is about me... I think it will change but it could take a generation. We need to be nicer to people in general.

Old 05-03-2022, 04:51 AM

8,833 posts, read 5,163,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
Yeah, I've hypothesized the same thing. Problem is, we can't just force women at gunpoint back into the kitchen. So what do we do?
Cook your own darn meals lazy bones. LOL

Old 05-03-2022, 05:32 AM

5,205 posts, read 4,699,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PingDriver View Post
Very informative post. What you say is true and I am one of those men who no longer have the desire to date. But I'm over 40. I wanted to marry young but that did not happen. Since I cannot have a wife of my own, without sharing her with an ex-husband, then it is better for me to focus on more productive things like my faith in God. This has made me much happier and content in my life then chasing after the wind.

Women today are like men. Yet not all men are gay. Therefore, straight men do not date men. Women who behave like men and are corrupted no longer have that innocent appeal to men. When that appeal is lost then the desire to marry is also lost. Women are too sexually active today and that turns many men off. Most men want an innocent woman, even if they don't openly admit it.

The reason why Christians are encouraged to save themselves for marriage is because it forms a much stronger bond between man and wive. But when young people screw around, they cheat on the spouse they have not yet even met. That is adultery, even if done outside of marriage. When men see that women are not cute little kittens to love and hold they are turned off.

As for me, I love women and have many female friends of all ages. I don't hate women at all. I just have better things in my life to do other than get my heart broken over and over again. I'm not gay or transgender. I just no longer care to date anyone. I found myself happier now that my desire to marry is permanently forever gone. I just cannot love old and saggy women and young women cannot like me because I'm old and saggy. Love is best when it begins young. That is the right time to fall in love. That is the right time for young people to marry and have children. But our fads and fashion so strongly oppose love that its causing many people to lose out on that one special person that they might have married if we lived in a more moral society.

Men need something to do. We're like German Shepherds. We're work dogs. We got to be doing something. Our minds need stimulation or we die of complete and utter boredom. Some single men use their time constructively while others don't. Not all men are single for the same reasons. But those who refuse to date and have resigned from dating life have done so because they found something better than today's women.

Besides, I have two cats. My cats love me more than any woman has ever loved me. Men also want to be loved. Women are great friends but horrible lovers. If a man is sick of getting his heart broken for stupid reasons, get a cat.
I highlighted the only thing you said that's kept you single. What has changed in recent years is a lot of men think they deserve to be with super models. I know a guy in his mid 40s, never married, never had a long term relationship. His standards are no dating women over 25.

Old 05-03-2022, 05:50 AM

1,904 posts, read 1,056,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I think men would get more action if they stopped wearing suits that were too small and sporting long, disgusting beards. I wouldn't mate with that.

What are you talking about....Beards are Kewl !

Old 05-03-2022, 05:53 AM

22,030 posts, read 25,396,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
I highlighted the only thing you said that's kept you single. What has changed in recent years is a lot of men think they deserve to be with super models. I know a guy in his mid 40s, never married, never had a long term relationship. His standards are no dating women over 25.
Yeah, easier for men there too. You can get your butt in the gym and get rid of the saggy and still be desirable to young women. Not all, but a sizeable amount of women respond positively to powerful men, which generally is older men. They aren't looking for a flabby middle aged janitor but a physician, lawyer, engineer, successful business man who takes care of himself can still do well with young women in their 20s. Happens all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies