Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2022, 09:51 AM

45,249 posts, read 26,488,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Why would a woman take a pregnancy test if she doesn't suspect she might be pregnant? Are you saying a woman with irregular periods should take a pregnancy test a few days after every sex act? That would be an awful lot of tests.
You suppose said woman might suspect pregnancy as a possible outcome after having had unprotected sex?

Old 05-03-2022, 09:52 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,769,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
All I can point to is the legislatures in Republican led states who have passed laws curtailing a woman’s right to choose. They were elected not appointed, so their constituency agrees with their views. If they voted for them and do not, they’re still culpable.

And while they may support food banks in lieu of food stamps, there’s no question that there are babies, children and adults still going hungry despite whatever level of support is being rendered. That just shows that while private entities can be part of the solution, they don’t have the level of support to be the entire solution.

People are still going hungry for a lot of different reasons in spite of the existence of food stamps, free lunch programs, food banks, etc. The idea that Dems care and Republicans hate is so simplistic and stupid.

Old 05-03-2022, 09:53 AM
bu2

24,119 posts, read 14,918,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
“My body, my choice”

That’s a total BS argument. Young men have been drafted into the Army in this country since the Civil War under penalty of imprisonment or worse. I think the 60,000 who died in Vietnam would gladly rather carry a baby to term, give birth and give it up for adoption. Such drama queens you women.
Well there is an exception for masks and the vaccine. Don't forget that. The same progressives didn't want a choice there.

Old 05-03-2022, 09:55 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,819,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
She thinks all republicans are bible thumpers who hate poor people. There is no getting through.
Based on voting patterns and opinion polls, not all but most. Most Republicans support the law makers who passed laws removing choice. And in some cases using BS “science” like a heartbeat law before there even is a heart or circulatory system to pump blood. Or the Ohio idiots who insist an ectopic pregnancy be “reimplanted” in a woman’s womb when that is impossible and doing so makes a life saving surgery needlessly more risky. And what can you even say about the bills that don’t hold exceptions for rape or incest. Heinous is not strong enough a word.

Old 05-03-2022, 09:55 AM

5,298 posts, read 5,251,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The right to abort a child you don't want? That's baffling to you that anyone cares about that?
And regarding social issues....you're talking about my right to marry my bf as a gay man. Why would that be baffling to you? Some states would want to jail me for being intimate w/ the man I love.

Old 05-03-2022, 09:57 AM

33,582 posts, read 18,193,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Civil rights legislation from the 1960s are next on the chopping block. The right wing played the long game and won. Honestly this is just what the left needed to get their stuff together and become a functional party again.
wake up... the lefties are the racists telling young black children they will have no privileges because of the color of their skin. A racist teaching if I ever heard one.

Old 05-03-2022, 09:59 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,819,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
People are still going hungry for a lot of different reasons in spite of the existence of food stamps, free lunch programs, food banks, etc. The idea that Dems care and Republicans hate is so simplistic and stupid.
There’s lots of not caring to go around that is for sure. But, if we look at platforms for the parties and their candidates, the differences become apparent. I never see a Republican candidate campaigning on much other than Trump, guns, more guns, build the wall, Biden sucks and “old fashioned family values”. Sometimes they try to use controlling spending, but what idiot is gonna believe that? Both parties abandoned that practice decades ago.

Old 05-03-2022, 09:59 AM

2,047 posts, read 861,253 times
Justice Roberts today, “the leaked document will in no way change the outcome of the decision making process of the court.” But I’ll bet his secret association with Epstein and those who have the dirt on him regarding that would. Lol just saying.

They’re all dirty and deep state folks, our entire political system.

Old 05-03-2022, 10:00 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,769,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Based on voting patterns and opinion polls, not all but most. Most Republicans support the law makers who passed laws removing choice. And in some cases using BS “science” like a heartbeat law before there even is a heart or circulatory system to pump blood. Or the Ohio idiots who insist an ectopic pregnancy be “reimplanted” in a woman’s womb when that is impossible and doing so makes a life saving surgery needlessly more risky. And what can you even say about the bills that don’t hold exceptions for rape or incest. Heinous is not strong enough a word.
Many vote Republican because they see them as the lesser of two evils. It doesn’t mean they support everything on their platform. Most republicans are for restrictions on abortion v because they see the unborn as worthy of protection. This does not mean all Republicans are bible thumpers who hate poor people.

Old 05-03-2022, 10:04 AM

494 posts, read 180,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
You suppose said woman might suspect pregnancy as a possible outcome after having had unprotected sex?
So my wife who has irregular periods due to an IUD should test monthly on the off chance that the IUD failed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies