Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2022, 10:35 AM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times

Advertisements

In order to understand the purpose and premise of this thread, and of what "chit'lin culture" is about, it is necessary to read the MAJORITY of this thread's posts. The original post or one or two posts, that's not enough to get a good understanding. This is a topic for which being brief isn't an option.

Old 05-24-2022, 11:19 AM

6,384 posts, read 4,834,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Read the post in its entirety, every word, not just one or two sentences. And then you'll get a better idea of what I am talking about.

BTW I doubt that Black people with a pioneer spirit would be engaging in Black on Black homicide.
I read every word repeatedly, and I responded to the parts to which I chose, as does EVERYONE!!! (Including you.)

You have a bad habit of trying to tell others on this forum what to do. Get over yourself.

Old 05-24-2022, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
I read every word repeatedly, and I responded to the parts to which I chose, as does EVERYONE!!! (Including you.)

You have a bad habit of trying to tell others on this forum what to do. Get over yourself.
Well the parts that you chose, you literally missed the point of my post. Or ignored it. Maybe the reason I have that bad habit is because of stuff like this. There was point I was trying to drive home. A point that would only be understood if you didn't pick just one part of it. You need to look at ALL of it, not just one or two parts. You ignored the entire point I was trying to make. That is why I get so angry.

Old 05-24-2022, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Well the parts that you chose, you literally missed the point of my post. Or ignored it. Maybe the reason I have that bad habit is because of stuff like this. There was point I was trying to drive home. A point that would only be understood if you didn't pick just one part of it. You need to look at ALL of it, not just one or two parts. You ignored the entire point I was trying to make. That is why I get so angry.
Please keep in mind that we are not establishing or codifying future policies. This forum amounts to little more than an exchange of ideas (gossip). Everyone's opinions have equal value.

Old 05-24-2022, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Some probably have seen a portion or two of this... I thought it was good.

Sowell is on from 57s through about 12min of the video.

Even the origins of chitlins (chitterlings) are explained.

Good video! Well worth watching. It offers a calm perspective and a lack of blame that is all too often missing.

Old 05-24-2022, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Some probably have seen a portion or two of this... I thought it was good.

Sowell is on from 57s through about 12min of the video.

Even the origins of chitlins (chitterlings) are explained.

There is one problem I have. It is the title on the thumbnail. "Black Culture Is A Problem".

1) Jazz, the blues, R&B, Juneteeth, HBCUs, those things are part of Black culture and they aren't a problem. Ghetto underclass culture, aka "chitlin culture" is a problem.

2)I don't want anti-Black onlookers going to such a video. I think some of them would tune into such a video solely to hear a Black man speak very critical of Black people. I'm not saying this video serves that purpose. However, the thumbnail might attract such types.

Old 05-24-2022, 02:22 PM

Quote:
There is one problem I have. It is the title on the thumbnail. "Black Culture Is A Problem".

1) Jazz, the blues, R&B, Juneteeth, HBCUs, those things are part of Black culture and they aren't a problem. Ghetto underclass culture, aka "chitlin culture" is a problem.

2)I don't want anti-Black onlookers going to such a video. I think some of them would tune into such a video solely to hear a Black man speak very critical of Black people. I'm not saying this video serves that purpose. However, the thumbnail might attract such types.
It is pointless to try to hide the unsavory elements of black culture or to feel shame at how others act.

Here is an example of white hillbilly culture. I laughed when I watched this series and feel no shame at their behavior. Why should I? Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQBiXDNVeSA

Old 05-24-2022, 02:30 PM

Quote:
It is pointless to try to hide the unsavory elements of black culture or to feel shame at how others act.

Here is an example of white hillbilly culture. I laughed when I watched this series and feel no shame at their behavior. Why should I? Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQBiXDNVeSA
Here is the deal. You can mock White underclass culture. In fact, White people (especially the educated, upper middle class Whites) mock underclass White people all the time. Most people are not going to view the White underclass as indicative of White culture. However, ghetto underclass culture gets pushed as THE Black culture. And Black people tend to get judged based on the lowest common denominator within the Black population. People like me really don't want the unsavory elements of the Black population being given any popularity or being put on front street. I already have enough to deal with WITHOUT it. Bad enough Black people are looked down on more than any other group.

Old 05-24-2022, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Here is the deal. You can mock White underclass culture. In fact, White people (especially the educated, upper middle class Whites) mock underclass White people all the time. Most people are not going to view the White underclass as indicative of White culture. However, ghetto underclass culture gets pushed as THE Black culture. And Black people tend to get judged based on the lowest common denominator within the Black population. People like me really don't want the unsavory elements of the Black population being given any popularity or being put on front street. I already have enough to deal with WITHOUT it. Bad enough Black people are looked down on more than any other group.
Black low-class behavior would be ignored or ridiculed just like white low-class behavior except for the one big difference: Violent crime.

No one else holds a candle to blacks when it comes to violence.

Old 05-24-2022, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Black low-class behavior would be ignored or ridiculed just like white low-class behavior except for the one big difference: Violent crime.

No one else holds a candle to blacks when it comes to violence.
No one holds a candle to the Black UNDERCLASS in that category. And the average American Black person doesn't appreciate being associated with an underclass hood rat. All the more reason and incentive some people want to keep the negative, surly elements within the Black population out of sight. Why would I want underclass thugs front and center out in the open, for me to answer for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies