Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever visited Qanon
Yes - Conservative or libertarian 6 7.89%
No - Conservative or libertarian 44 57.89%
Yes - Liberal 0 0%
No - Liberal 9 11.84%
Yes - Moderate 1 1.32%
No - Moderate 16 21.05%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2022, 07:59 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,469,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Tell you what - when you see someone with a Q-shirt, ask them about it.

Anybody can hold a sign, wear a shirt, and sell a shirt.

People could be fooled that a real movement exists because media companies with blue checkmarks who are allowed to publish disinformation have hyped QAnon up as a real entity. And people want to identify with this made up entity - because they think it's real, and there probably are informal groups of people who discuss what they believe to be Q type of stuff.

From the NY Times perspective, and probably other groups like it - I quoted their take. It's an umbrella term. It's not a specific group of people. It's an idea. Kinda like Antifa... liberals say they are an idea and really do not exist.

Liberals do this type of stuff. How many shadowy groups are out there operating in the dark to influence certain segments of the culture? It's like the sand on the seashore - and every so often they will be made public.

To me it's more like the pattern that continues to persist. Liberals are accusing others of doing the things they do themselves. There's likely no real QAnon group - but they have to make it into something to scare people. In the end - they are the people who have a bunch of groups that pass disinformation and encourage people to break the laws and encourage people to get rid of the Constitution.

There may indeed be a real fringe Qanon group but if there is it occupies much more room in leftist heads than it does for people on the right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2022, 07:59 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Ha! Yeah. Ron "I'm totally not Q" Watkins is a "leftist". That checks out.

Also, how does one "visit Qanon"?

Old 05-11-2022, 08:01 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Seems to have originated from Trump himself:

"President Trump commented for the first time publicly on the far-right conspiracy movement QAnon – saying that followers of the convoluted movement “love our country.â€

Although Trump admitted that he does not know much about the conspiracy theory movement, he did claim that many adherents support him and that they are frustrated with the unrest that has gripped some cities across the nation.

“I don’t know much about the movement besides that they like me very much,†Trump said during a press briefing at the White House. “These are people that don’t like seeing what’s going in places like Portland and Chicago.†"

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...ory-first-time

How is this a "liberal invention" again?

Old 05-11-2022, 08:04 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Visited QAnon?

QAnon was an all encompassing political conspiracy theory that morphed into a political movement. “ Pizzagate†was the precursor conspiracy theory.

It began on the anonymous 4 chan message board and then moved to 8 chan. Followers seemed to believe Q was a high level US government official with access to classified material. In reality, it’s more likely
the founder(s) of 4 chan and then 8 chan were behind the cryptic posts, which became known as “ dripsâ€. There were ( are?) endless splinter groups.

As I understand it, Q has not posted anything, anywhere, since 11/2020.

Last Nov-Dec, hundreds gathered in Dallas to await the resurrection of JFK Jr who was going to join with Trump and take back America.

Old 05-11-2022, 08:09 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Of course right wing conservative pundits aren't going to talk about QAnon. The fact a few of you have chosen NOT to try and go to their site means nothing.

I struggle to post pics in this forum but search QAnon Trump rally signs...and you'll see all the Trump supporters with references to the Q.

It may not be for all conservatives but it most definitely is out there and responsible for stirring up stuff.

Old 05-11-2022, 08:17 AM

17,797 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
I don't know from where it emanates but the only place I have seen QAnon celebrated is at Trump rallies via placards, T-shirts, etc.
It's funny how these righties can tell you what Biden had for breakfast every day but they scratch their heads about Qanon. Can't quite figure it out.

Old 05-11-2022, 08:19 AM

25,747 posts, read 18,809,520 times
That "Qanon" kid is still laughing in mom's basement about how stupid leftists are. Hopefully he's been able to turn his moment in the limelight into a little extra green between shifts delivering pizza.

Old 05-11-2022, 08:20 AM

4,195 posts, read 1,600,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
It wouldn't surprise me. They also created the KKK, which is also considered a right wing thing according to democrats... Even though many democrats belonged to it, including Hillary Clinton's best friend, Robert Byrd (D). But if they don't like or agree with this stuff, why do they go through all the trouble of creating it in the first place??? Nothing about democrats makes sense, which is why it's pointless to use logic to try to determine what their end goals and objectives are. Even they don't seem to know. It just looks like a whole lot of wheel spinning, but going nowhere for that political party of misfits, halfwits, and no wits like Joe Biden.

the democratic party AND the republican party has changed back and forth on issues over the years

a closer look at the KKK will show one that CONSERVATIVE democrats was all there was in the south
the hatred for all things republican and abe lincoln related carried on for decades...

so we actually see CONSERVATIVES WERE KKK, and incidentally the very notion of using the superficial link between "democrats" and KKK is not only "bad" history it is an example of information produced by "conspiracy" people

Old 05-11-2022, 08:22 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
That "Qanon" kid is still laughing in mom's basement about how stupid leftists are. Hopefully he's been able to turn his moment in the limelight into a little extra green between shifts delivering pizza.
So the leftists are stupid but the folks at the Trump Rallies with their Q signs etc....are thoughtful, inciteful righties?

Old 05-11-2022, 08:24 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
I don't know from where it emanates but the only place I have seen QAnon celebrated is at Trump rallies via placards, T-shirts, etc.
No shortage of QAnon spirit wear/ gear has been independently produced and sold, mostly online.

This includes apparel, mostly tee shirts, hats, shoes, jewelry and bumper stickers.

Former national security advisor, Gen Flynn, endorsed an online t shirt website selling QAnon gear with an undisclosed % of sales going to the promoter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies