Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever visited Qanon
Yes - Conservative or libertarian 6 7.89%
No - Conservative or libertarian 44 57.89%
Yes - Liberal 0 0%
No - Liberal 9 11.84%
Yes - Moderate 1 1.32%
No - Moderate 16 21.05%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2022, 11:13 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times

Advertisements

I heard the name first on CNN. I believe a leftist invented it for a talking point against Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2022, 11:18 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
On Sunday I heard a leftist talking about how Qanon was destroying society and then I heard it again today from a different leftist, turned on FoxBusiness and just heard Democrat Juan Williams bring up how bad Qanon is.

I can swear on my grandmother's grave I've never met a single Republican/Conservative/Libertarian that has ever told me "hey, I just saw this on Qanon!" I've never even been to the website.

100% of the time I hear people bring up Qanon it is liberals (this includes the MSM) acting like it is some big powerful or highly influential movement. Or the occasional conservative media asking why the left keeps talking about it.

I'd bet at least half the people who visit the website are leftists seeing what it is.
Well, unfortunately, a lot of idiots on the right believe it. They used to be all over Twitter. When I had a tw*tter account, if someone was on my 'friends list', and they posted anything from that stupid QAnon trash, I'd immediately delete them from that list, I don't care how many other comments of theirs I might have liked. Once I saw that, I knew, instantly, 'This person is a moron'.

They all got kicked off of Twitter awhile back. Mainly the ones who had it in their little twitter bio. Things like "WWG1WGA" or whatever or "digital soldier" (give me a ...... break! Soldier? You sit on your fat butt all day reading stupid crap someone wrote, and you start creating these theories about these vague, nonsensical 'clues'. "Soldier", my ass.), or whatever other stupid term they used. Twitter got rid of all of those, easily. The others either left, or were banned after Twitter became aware of their posts about stupid QAnon.

They then invaded 4Chan, completely destroying 4Chan. I mean, 4Chan is a cesspool in itself, but it was truly the wild, wild west of the internet. That is, until the QAnon idiots showed up. Nothing like a bored, middle aged housewife telling people not to say certain things. Hello?! It's 4Chan! Get the hell out, then.

Well, that's gone anyway.

I think they all went to Telegram or Parler after that. So stupid, they don't even realize they've been set up to join a platform that monitors them.

So, yes, there are people on the right who still, to this day, follow that crap. Praying Medic, to this day, still makes stupid videos and makes a lot of money off of stupid people following him.

Is it a left wing thing? Who knows. It all started with one guy, then he stopped, and others took his place.

At this point? Who cares. If someone is dumb enough to follow that stupid thing, and believe it...I don't care who they are.

Old 05-11-2022, 11:27 AM

2,912 posts, read 1,248,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I heard the name first on CNN. I believe a leftist invented it for a talking point against Trump.
I heard it first here on C-D. It kept getting brought up by the usual group of disingenuous deflecting leftist liars so I researched it.

It's a lefty boogeyman. Boo-Ga Boo-Ga!

Old 05-11-2022, 11:38 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkHammer View Post
I heard it first here on C-D. It kept getting brought up by the usual group of disingenuous deflecting leftist liars so I researched it.

It's a lefty boogeyman. Boo-Ga Boo-Ga!

Suuuuuure..........

https://www.google.com/search?q=qano...1n&sclient=img

Old 05-11-2022, 12:46 PM

2,897 posts, read 992,281 times
A homeschooling, anti-science woman I know was the first person I ever heard talking about Q Anon. She kept posting, "WWG1WGA" incessantly. That was many years ago now. I was following her just out of sheer morbid curiosity, but I had to stop because it just became so damn sad. I feel for her poor kids. She's semi-literate and "homeschooling" her gaggle of children. And buying into every conspiracy theory known to man.

Old 05-11-2022, 01:02 PM

31,036 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Ok let’s try this.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/QAnon

QAnon[a] (/ˈkjuː.əˌnɒn/) is a political conspiracy theory that later evolved into a political movement. It originated in the American far-right political sphere.

Tucker Carlson defended QAnon and said attacks on it were part of a government plot to control people's minds.
https://www.businessinsider.com/fox-...ent-2021-1?amp

Well you should have voted in the poll "Yes" that you have actually visited Qnot sites to get first hand knowledge?

No surprise that not one Self declared "Liberal" has investigated a Qnot site according to the poll. All second hand This is kind of typical considering Liberals seemed to have believed the Jussie Smollet, Covington kid, and Micael Brown Lies perpetuated by the NYT. CNN and MSNBC too.

Old 05-11-2022, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Well you should have voted in the poll "Yes" that you have actually visited Qnot sites to get first hand knowledge?

No surprise that not one Self declared "Liberal" has investigated a Qnot site according to the poll. All second hand This is kind of typical considering Liberals seemed to have believed the Jussie Smollet, Covington kid, and Micael Brown Lies perpetuated by the NYT. CNN and MSNBC too.
Which is the "Qnot" site - Wikipedia or Business Insider?

Old 05-11-2022, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Is that you Jussie

Most are probably plants like the fake Tiki Torch group. Your peeps must have too much time on their hands to generate fake Tiki Torch Nazis or the edited video of the Covinton High school kids Lie. You ever notice that the evil Republicans don't do these elaborate fake stories like the new Democrat party does.

"BUSTED: Democrat Operatives Outed As Fake ‘Tiki Torch’ Nazis At Glenn Youngkin Rally"

https://clashdaily.com/2021/10/buste...oungkin-rally/

Old 05-11-2022, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Most are probably plants...

Old 05-11-2022, 01:15 PM

You guys are the ones with all the Fake Stories, so why not this one? Afterall you are a Qanon Expert
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies