Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2022, 02:43 PM

6,701 posts, read 3,003,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
I'm not buying that a Trained Psychologist who is on the internet constantly (Lots of Twitter posts) would expect no response or blowback from posting the comment he posted. Especially given the Obesity rates in North America (Mexico, USA, Canada).

I don't know this guy but have seen the name. I can't imagine taking this guy seriously if he was Blindsided by the comments following the post he made given he is a Trained Psychologist.
Maybe he was quitting twitter anyway( good move), but just did one of those "FU , I quit" moves when quitting a job in a big way,...lol. Before I go and leave these cretins, let me shake the cage!

Would I say that? no. She looks pretty normal to me. Just look around.
Should he have kept that to himself? I would.

I dunno, was there some back and forth leading up to that tweet?
Was the Magazine splashing blurbs like, "This is the New Healthy!".

Old 05-17-2022, 02:43 PM

41,994 posts, read 75,295,700 times
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

Somebody must be brand new to Twitter.

Old 05-17-2022, 02:47 PM

19,858 posts, read 12,136,964 times
Ashley Graham is a plus sized model. This woman is obese and in two ill fitting swimsuits, to boot.

Old 05-17-2022, 03:07 PM

43,209 posts, read 18,372,336 times
Twitter is make believe land where you follow and agree with "the collective" whether they are right or wrong.
There is no differing opinion allowed.

Old 05-17-2022, 03:13 PM

1,224 posts, read 532,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Hasn't he heard the saying "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"? I didn't know who Jordan Peterson was until i followed the link. If anyone has less of a right to insult others, it's this guy. He looks like a despondent ghoul in the photo.
So "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" but not for Peterson he isn't allowed that. Then you say,
"He looks like a despondent ghoul in the photo", so you are allowed to have privileges he isn't?

Do leftists like you, and I know you are, ever even for a milisecond stop to read before you post?

Old 05-17-2022, 03:16 PM

21,893 posts, read 25,213,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Jordan Peterson was attacked on Twitter after saying that plus-size Sports Illustrated model Yumi Nu was "not beautiful."

"However, after he continued to be bombarded with what he described as a 'vicious flood of insults', Peterson called it quits, announcing that he was 'departing' Twitter, while branding the social media platform 'intrinsically and dangerously insane'."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...-Swimsuit.html

You can see pictures of the model in the link. I like Peterson, but I'm not sure his comment was necessary. I think there are better models out there than Yumi, but the magazine can do what it wants.
Frankly I don't really get the whole Peterson thing anyway which probably is because I have no engagement generally with pop culture on IRL dramas of social media. Best I can tell he's a former academic and clinician who quit doing that because he makes more money being controversial on the Tubes. Calling a fat model ugly is controversial. Makes sense if your business is being controversial which is what his business model is about.

IMO people need to get triggered less. Peterson is just exploiting outrage culture for personal gains. Don't feed the trolls.

Old 05-17-2022, 03:51 PM

43,209 posts, read 18,372,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Lagos View Post
So "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" but not for Peterson he isn't allowed that. Then you say,
"He looks like a despondent ghoul in the photo", so you are allowed to have privileges he isn't?

Do leftists like you, and I know you are, ever even for a milisecond stop to read before you post?
The term you are looking for is being a hypocrite
And no, they do not even realize they are doing it.

Old 05-17-2022, 04:03 PM

19,874 posts, read 18,158,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
Glorifying obesity is not the way to go. Why should an unhealthy lifestyle be immune from criticism? I support Peterson.
100%. IMO the young lady is very pretty. However, she would be even more attractive if not unhealthily overweight. More importantly her prospects for a long and healthy life would be much improved.

Old 05-17-2022, 04:05 PM

19,874 posts, read 18,158,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Hasn't he heard the saying "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"? I didn't know who Jordan Peterson was until i followed the link. If anyone has less of a right to insult others, it's this guy. He looks like a despondent ghoul in the photo.
Peterson is around 60 and and not a professional model.

Old 05-17-2022, 04:09 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,604,881 times
Such a weakling. He can dish it out, but he can't take it. Good bye, he won't be missed. Typical bully.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies