Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2022, 11:01 PM

15,850 posts, read 6,311,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Yup, exactly.

It's all about the money. Being a minor celebrity on the Tubes means book sales, money to appear as a guest speaker, and of course the just the ad revenue from Tubes which given his large audience is not a small amount. He's left his clinical practice and academic positions. No idea how successful he was as either an academic or clinician. He may have been well regarded, but he wasn't a household name until he left those behind to focus on the Tubes.
I think martyr pays well too.

Old 05-17-2022, 11:04 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,248,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
What things? I went through recovery if that's what you mean. My drug of choice was whiskey. The old adage "you can't bull**** a bull****ter". I recovered along side Benzo users and they told me how horrible it was They went through way worse than I did and it took me two full years to recover. This guy has not taken the time to sort himself out.
He said a woman who is obese is not attractive. And you think that's because he's a recovering addict?

Old 05-17-2022, 11:09 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,046,900 times
Quote:
The diet industry is alive a well. Given a choice I am guessing most overweight people would prefer to be thin. This is about helping people to accept themselves the way they are. You can love yourself the way you are but still try to go after things like weight loss. It's not a celebration of obesity, it's a celebration of self acceptance.
I think a lot of it has to do with genetics. Some are on constant diets to lose weight but they can't maintain the weight loss and are miserable trying. There comes a time when you have to quit beating yourself up in order for you to feel accepted. No overweight man would ever do this because they are too vain and don't want to be ridiculed. lol

Old 05-17-2022, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
He said a woman who is obese is not attractive. And you think that's because he's a recovering addict?
I'm referring to what he said after that. Had he just said she was not beautiful he probably wouldn't be getting grilled as bad. He made sure to virtue signal, play the victim, act defensive and then flounce off. What do you think about him adding the line about authoritarian tolerance?

Old 05-17-2022, 11:13 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,997,862 times
Oh the irony....he criticizes someone and then gets criticized...so he is taking a break because people can be mean......

Old 05-17-2022, 11:13 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,248,594 times
Quote:
I'm referring to what he said after that. Had he just said she was not beautiful he probably wouldn't be getting grilled as bad. He made sure to virtue signal, play the victim, act defensive and then flounce off. What do you think about him adding the line about authoritarian tolerance?
I think you're just trying to drag him through the mud because you didn't like what he said, and your analysis is overwrought and obviously vindictive.

Old 05-17-2022, 11:21 PM

Quote:
I think you're just trying to drag him through the mud because you didn't like what he said, and your analysis is overwrought and obviously vindictive.
I know more about Jordan Peterson than you know about me.

Old 05-17-2022, 11:23 PM

21,830 posts, read 25,109,733 times
Quote:
Possibly.

His rage quit message was basically Twitter is full of vitrile (true) and if something is not important enough to take the time to write an article maybe it's better to just let it go. Is it really worth writing an entire freaking article about some fat model in SI? Probably not. But it's easy to get caught up in that atmosphere and join in the party of monkeys flinging poo. If he's still dealing with his addiction issues and severe depression/anxiety, that could be part of why he lacks impulse control. Could be.

Last edited by Malloric; 05-17-2022 at 11:43 PM..

Old 05-18-2022, 01:11 AM

3,624 posts, read 3,406,449 times
Quote:
I cannot speak to the latter. But some women are attractive, no matter what shape they are in.

I recall Kay, a classmate of mine forty years ago, whom I met up with back a few years ago, at a high school reunion. Yes, she had certainly "packed on the poundage," but her eyes, her smile, and her wit especially, attracted me to her back in high school. They still did when I met her again, at the reunion, years later, and she had lost nothing in those regards, in our conversation. She made me laugh, just like she used to, with the same twinkle in her eye that she had used so many years before. If she had suggested to me that we have a drink, followed by--something something, or maybe nothing at all--well, why not? To me, it's the woman, her wit, her brains, her sense of humour, her confidence.

Think "She's Always A Woman" by Billy Joel, and that's Kay. A very confident lady, no matter her weight. And a very attractive one.

Old 05-18-2022, 01:53 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,574,730 times
Yumi looks pretty yummy to me. And plenty of "pushin' cushion"....

YMMV
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies