Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2022, 12:44 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
God I hope he does not run, because I will have no other choice but to hold my nose and vote for him.

I truly hope DeSantis runs and gets nominated instead.
Said it here before, soooo many reasonable choices out there other than Trump or Biden.

I'll register repub if Trump runs again and vote against him in primary.

I will *not* be voting for Biden.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2022, 12:47 PM

27,575 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Quote:
I thought all those negative ads against Biden were just politics and the reality would be better than it is.

I was wrong. I admit it. I apologize for not taking a strong enough stance against the hard left.
It's not just Biden. If you support amnesty for illegal immigrants, and teaching Critical Race Theory and LGBT propaganda in elementary schools, then you should vote Democrat. Those are the issues they stand for.

If you support stopping illegal immigration, judging people by the content of their character and not their race, and keeping people's sex lives in the bedroom and out of public places, then at the very least you should not vote Democrat.

Old 05-18-2022, 12:48 PM

12,988 posts, read 9,510,269 times
Quote:
I refused to vote for Trump because I never thought Biden could possibly be this bad.

I thought all those negative ads against Biden were just politics and the reality would be better than it is.

I was wrong. I admit it. I apologize for not taking a strong enough stance against the hard left.

My bad and I promise to pay better attention to the facts and make better voting decisions going forward.
Biden is much, much worse than most of us thought he'd be. Perhaps those in Delaware knew how he'd be, but I know he certainly fooled me (but I didn't vote for hime). I guess I must be an Ultra MAGA white supremacist because I thought Trump did a pretty good job. I didn't and don't care for his personality, but he got things done, and those things were generally what the country needed. Biden hasn't done a single thing that I consider pro-American.

Old 05-18-2022, 12:49 PM

37,973 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NimbusOne View Post
Meh, we had two chit choices. Just get a beer and accept that leadership all over the world is trash.

This is all beyond our control.
That is a poor way to look at this. All you have to do is look at the state of our nation during Trump. Unemployment was at historic lows, inflation was under control, energy prices were low, we finally saw an end to US servicemember deaths in Afghanistan, and we were not starting new wars and conflicts, etc...

So it's not as if you didn't know what you were voting for if you re-elected Trump. We'd be voting for more of the same, more of the good times that everybody misses today.

I'm just sick and tired of every time someone has to be critical of a Democrat, they refused to do so. Instead they throw up their hands and make a false equivalency argument, to pretend all the choices were equally bad. We saw even during the campaign that Biden was feeble, corrupt, compromised by our foreign enemies. Biden has been worse than any President we have ever elected at any time in our nation's history

Old 05-18-2022, 12:50 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
I got sucked into the "Trump is bad" thing because of his horrific personality defect and the media's nonstop attacks, which even though I know better about them it still wears you down.

I freely dismissed my own knowledge of Biden's failed history in government, his pathological lying/plagiarism and how far left the Democrats have gone. It was hard for me to see my former party become what they have become, so I was still in some willful denial.

I now know better.
I've known better since 2012 than to vote for the Republican or Democrat candidate for president. They are just sellouts for corporate interests. So, I never voted for Biden and certainly have no regrets about it.

Old 05-18-2022, 12:53 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,605,343 times
In the overall scheme of things, the Crazies have been putting the world on
a downward-trajectory for a long time, Biden as POTUS is just a topper.

but, But, BUT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> better than Evil_Donny_Orange!

Old 05-18-2022, 12:58 PM

37,973 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Biden is much, much worse than most of us thought he'd be. Perhaps those in Delaware knew how he'd be, but I know he certainly fooled me (but I didn't vote for hime). I guess I must be an Ultra MAGA white supremacist because I thought Trump did a pretty good job. I didn't and don't care for his personality, but he got things done, and those things were generally what the country needed. Biden hasn't done a single thing that I consider pro-American.
I am right there with you I did not like Trump's personality I thought he spoke and behaved in ways that I didn't think were traditionally presidential. But Trump's policies and his actions were good for the nation and good for the world.

There are musicians, entertainers, actors and CEOs of companies, that on a personal level I do not like. But I still watch their movies, listen to their music, purchase their products. I am not so shallowshallow that I need to personally like the person producing a product or service, or a president. What matters to me are the results. I didn't like Trump on a personal level but all this policies had fantastic benefits for me and mine.

Learn to separate the wheat from the chaff

Old 05-18-2022, 12:59 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
I understand voters who vote against one candidate and not necessarily being enthusiastic about the one they voted for, I suspect a lot of people did that when they voted against Hillary.

However, there were so many better choices than Biden. We all knew Biden's history and track record. Tulsi Gabbard was a more moderate candidate who was measured, scandal free, a veteran and intelligent. I didn't agree with all of her policies, and I would have voted for Trump regardless, but if I were a democrat I would have wanted her as president over the rest of the scandalous candidates that were running. At a minimum Biden should have selected her as his Vice instead of the hyena who laughs at every serious question.

Old 05-18-2022, 01:02 PM

44 posts, read 21,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
It's not just Biden. If you support amnesty for illegal immigrants, and teaching Critical Race Theory and LGBT propaganda in elementary schools, then you should vote Democrat. Those are the issues they stand for.

If you support stopping illegal immigration, judging people by the content of their character and not their race, and keeping people's sex lives in the bedroom and out of public places, then at the very least you should not vote Democrat.
Kindly quote an authoritative Democrat source that supports your allegations. You of course won't as there is none.

It is a shame we cannot deal with real policy issues but have to deal with made up nonsenses

Old 05-18-2022, 01:02 PM

15,094 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
To be clear, I did not vote for Biden either. I voted 3rd party, which I have done recently after having voted mostly Democrat previously.

I just didn't think Biden and the Democrats would be this horrific, so I felt better voting 3rd party and not voting for Trump to defeat him. If I had to do it over again, I would have voted for Trump knowing what I know now.

As an anti-Trumper, it took a lot for me to get to this point and admit that. I still hope Trump does not run, because I think it's the easiest path for Democrats to win again, but I will vote for whomever gets Biden out of office at this point. It's just that bad.
Congratulations for maintaining the ability to process new information and change your mind. It’s becoming a very rare ability these days.

But there is still a residual effect here, that is a consequence of just how bad the democrats really are.

It’s so difficult for so many people to accept this, but the reality is, the media has convinced you to ignore what your eyes see, and accept what they tell you as truth.

You believe that Trump running would increase the odds of democrats “winning again”, when the truth is, they didn’t win the last time. Trump literally crushed them, save for the countless millions of fraudulent votes created for Biden all across the nation. The evidence of this is so overwhelming, it only proves that we are literally living in a third world style banana Republic, and until that is corrected, it isn’t going to matter who runs.

If indeed you are in total command of your beliefs, and still possess the ability for clear rational thinking, you have to realize how preposterous it is to believe that Biden received 80 Million legitimate votes, and beat Trump, who received 10 Million more votes in 2020 than he got when he won in 2016.

Biden more popular than “rockstar” Obama? You believe that for a second? A nanosecond? Biden received the most votes of any presidential candidate in the history of the United States? Really?

Even without all the evidence of fraud …. just the possibility of this is so absurd, it fails the smell test immediately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies