Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2022, 01:25 PM

5,984 posts, read 2,238,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
I refused to vote for Trump because I never thought Biden could possibly be this bad.

I thought all those negative ads against Biden were just politics and the reality would be better than it is.

I was wrong. I admit it. I apologize for not taking a strong enough stance against the hard left.

My bad and I promise to pay better attention to the facts and make better voting decisions going forward.
This was inevitable since this is due to our monetary policy going back a decade or more (2008). There was not a single politician that was honest about the effects of Quantitive Easing for a decade and its effect on our economy. The stock market has looked amazing because it was pumped and juiced for a decade, both parties agreed to this. Little to no wage growth in a decade beyond pressure from States raising the minimum wage.

But our politicians are always saying "Look at the Dow" Look at the ticker" and "Look at your unrealized gains in your 401k".

The concept is simple. If I give you $10 bucks once, it may help. If I give you $10 daily then you become accustomed to it and price it into your expenses. The stock market did the same with Free Money, no cost borrowing, and extremely low-interest rates. Those rates are now going up and many companies that touted Stock buybacks as "Revenue" will be short on the cash side. I believe this is why Apple has sat on 200 Billon+ during the last several years, Apple knows the party cannot last forever.

Now the party is starting to end and will likely affect Biden for 2 years and whom ever follows him for several more regardless of party. Again both parties supported building the market on a house of QE sand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2022, 01:27 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,073,569 times
Quote:
I refused to vote for Trump because I never thought Biden could possibly be this bad.

I thought all those negative ads against Biden were just politics and the reality would be better than it is.

I was wrong. I admit it. I apologize for not taking a strong enough stance against the hard left.

My bad and I promise to pay better attention to the facts and make better voting decisions going forward.
I have always enjoyed your posts and respect a lot of what you have to say.

Having said that, there have been several of these mea culpa type posts and honestly I’m not impressed.

Most of the anti-Trumpers use moral superiority as their reason for voting against him. I find that distasteful as well as silly. Joe Biden has no better morals than Trump; indeed, it could be argued that Joe’s morals are worse due to his support of unlimited abortion, including up until delivery. There is plenty of evidence of Joe’s grifting, of his failures, bad choices, lies, and ineptitude. The difference is that the media covered up for Joe and lied in many cases about Trump.

People often like to say that we had two bad choices in 2020. That is false. We already had 3 2/3 years of peace and prosperity under Trump. However people were foolish enough to blame him for Covid deaths (and look how many more there are under Joe); they thought that tweets actually mattered; they wallowed in the mud about Melania; they thought personality mattered more than results.

The 2020 election was akin to pointing out the splinter in your opponent’s eye while ignoring the plank in your own.

And we tried to tell all of you, but the self-righteousness was too strong. So while I appreciate that you have “seen the light”, that doesn’t get us out of the sh*% storm we are now in.

(Even then, I’m not convinced Joe legitimately won).

Old 05-18-2022, 01:30 PM

9,096 posts, read 6,321,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I don't know if the OP is being a bit tongue in cheek here, or what, but either way it is what it is.

I was horrified when Trump got into office, for about three days afterwards I woke up every morning thinking WTH? I'm just basing it on his brash personality, his you're fired days, blah blah blah.

That said I happily voted for him in 2020, no doubt there. He governed better than I thought he would.
I wasn't horrified when Trump won, I was relieved Hillary Clinton didn't win. At the time of the 2016 election it felt like a choice between cat **** and dog ****. Trump was the cat **** and Clinton was the dog ****. Like you I was happy with how Trump governed during his term. I could look past his brash personality and see the substance beneath it. I happily voted for him in 2020.

Old 05-18-2022, 01:31 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,239,528 times
I learned a long time ago to pay more attention to what people do than what they say.

We had 4 good years with Trump, regardless of what he tweeted about. The list of good things he did for America is long.

The next 4 years will be one of the most (if not the most) disastrous administrations we've seen. Unfortunately as bad as what he mumbles and lies about, what he actually does is horrendous. Every day its something worse and worse. Hard to believe we have over 2 more years of this. Hope we make it thru it.

My best friend told me he voted for Trump. Just lately he admitted to me that he voted for Biden. He lives in Miami and lives in a very Democratic area and got sucked into the lies. He's so horrified about how things are now, and so ashamed of how he voted. I can't believe he and the OP are the only people who are thinking that way.

Old 05-18-2022, 01:33 PM

2,612 posts, read 929,950 times
Quote:

Are you honestly saying that you voted for Biden?

Old 05-18-2022, 01:34 PM

14,950 posts, read 12,153,507 times
Quote:
God I hope he does not run, because I will have no other choice but to hold my nose and vote for him.

I truly hope DeSantis runs and gets nominated instead.
From all indications it looks as though DeSantis' plans are to run for a second term as FL governor. That's my hope for him, but perhaps he will run for president in 2028?

I'd vote for Trump again should he run in 2024, but I can't see how he could get through and survive the bilious destructive hate the left has for him, they will do whatever it takes to destroy him, and bring the country down as well.

Of course, at this point that's pretty much the way the left treats all their political opponents, or for that matter anyone who doesn't march in lockstep with their manufactured narrative and agendas.

Old 05-18-2022, 01:35 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
The best reason for a liberal Dem to vote for Trump or other R next time around is that the party members don't really rally around the fringe ideologies in the party, they are far more divided than the Dems when it comes to pushing for things. We saw that clearly during Trumps term in office when he couldn't even get simple, basic things implemented because HIS OWN PARTY was throwing up roadblocks. It's not just him either, they seem to do that regularly as a party because they truly have diversity of thought among their ranks

Old 05-18-2022, 01:50 PM

15,092 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I’m as guilty for all the reasons you are. I won’t vote for Trump regardless after Jan 6th but I will never vote for a Democrat ever again for any reason. It’s us against them from now on. If Trump wins the nomination I’ll just abstain.
Then you have learned NOTHING. After watching several videos of Capitol Police officers moving barriers, and waving in hoards of peaceful protesters …. literally opening the doors and allowing those people to enter the Capitol building, if you can process a single coherent thought, you would have no choice but to conclude that it was a totally staged event.

At other spots around the building we see embedded FBI provocateurs, along with BLM and ANTIFA criminals urging on some rather clueless bystanders in the creation of this false event, and having little shoving matches with police, several of which are also shown on video, that have not been arrested or even questioned afterward?

Of course, even without the video evidence, which totally proves the fraud, common sense would suggest how unlikely it would be to have something like this take place organically, without facing massive resistance from law enforcement, in one of the most secure buildings on earth, next to the White House and Pentagon.

If you really believe some clown dressed up like a retarded Viking wearing a helmet with horns, a fir skin and body paint could prance around the Senate Chamber and pose for photos unmolested …. do not delude yourself into believing you are an intelligent person, because no intelligent person would believe that for a skinny second.

Old 05-18-2022, 01:53 PM

4,905 posts, read 2,058,623 times
Having lived and worked in NYC, I understood Trump’s personality and had no issues with voting for him.

Sadly, I’m seeing some undercurrent Democrats attempting to tilt the ideal of “voting for the third party” is a viable option, which it is clearly not… Period.

If we’re honest, the “third party” vote is a cop out since it’s a wasted vote, in the end. Because of this, we have what we have, and clueless idiot that has the mental capacity of a rotting cantaloupe. If Trump runs again, people need to make a clear choice and vote for the guy. Yes, Trump’s personality sucks, but he did a hell of a job while in office and it will take another person like Trump, if he choices not to run to fix all the mistakes Biden has made to this point AND we still have 2.5 years of this clown, so it’s going to be beyond bad in 2024.

The Democrats are counting on weak people to vote for some ZERO chance third party, since that’s basically a vote for them AND on top of all their voting fraud schemes, guarantees a Democrat victory in 2024.

There is a ZERO freaking chance Biden will run in 2024, he can say what he wants, since he so mentally gone, that he cannot see the truth and truly believes he is knocking the ball out the park as POTUS.

We have H. Clinton, E. Warren and equally as useless P. Buttigieg lining up to run on the Democrat ticket in 2024, which will simply be a continuation of Biden BS policies…. There is a ZERO chance of K. Harris running since she is somehow worse than Biden, since it must have taken some superior super human strength to accomplish that.

The bottom line is that people need to wake up and think everything through and not be gullible to fall for the blatant lies from the Left, the media and big tech. Failing to “think” had gotten us all into this mess, but sadly, too many American are beyond being a low information voter and are simply low information thinkers, who are too lazy to think for themselves.

I truly hope Trump runs WiTH DeSantis as his VP in 2024. This way, it gives us 12 years to fix all the damage caused by Biden in less than two years. Only Trump has the willpower to get America back on track AND yes, I am an American First guy cuz appeasement to the Globalist is what has gotten us into this mess.

The Left will threaten to burn down our cities if either Trump or DeSantis wins, but we need to hold strong and defeat this type of thinking will all available and legal means.

Old 05-18-2022, 01:54 PM

15,092 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
From all indications it looks as though DeSantis' plans are to run for a second term as FL governor. That's my hope for him, but perhaps he will run for president in 2028?

I'd vote for Trump again should he run in 2024, but I can't see how he could get through and survive the bilious destructive hate the left has for him, they will do whatever it takes to destroy him, and bring the country down as well.

Of course, at this point that's pretty much the way the left treats all their political opponents, or for that matter anyone who doesn't march in lockstep with their manufactured narrative and agendas.
I hope so too, because in the off chance that these lunatics here in Texas actually elect Beto O’Rourke governor of Texas, my exit strategy involves Florida
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies