Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2022, 01:55 PM

10,857 posts, read 4,534,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
...but the whole myth of killing the fossil fuel industry is very misleading.

its not. as I warned you all in 2021, the futures market, which is what drives oil, is 12-18 months in the ....wait for it....FUTURE. when everything was cancelled on jan 2021, we are wow, EXACTLY 12-18 months later, and while the WORLD markets are in turmoil, ours do not have to be. in dec 2020 we were a net exporter.

so yesterday when asked and Biden replied that even if he was to lift the fuels production ban today, it would be 12-18 months to see an effect....

and there you have it, you cant make this stuff up.

the negative ripple effect, has not even started to stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2022, 02:04 PM

9,096 posts, read 6,317,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
I'd vote for Trump again should he run in 2024, but I can't see how he could get through and survive the bilious destructive hate the left has for him, they will do whatever it takes to destroy him, and bring the country down as well.
The current Democrat party is going to attack any and every Republican just the same. It has gone too extreme since the Bush/Gore incident in 2000.

Old 05-18-2022, 02:12 PM

15,092 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
I wasn't horrified when Trump won, I was relieved Hillary Clinton didn't win. At the time of the 2016 election it felt like a choice between cat **** and dog ****. Trump was the cat **** and Clinton was the dog ****. Like you I was happy with how Trump governed during his term. I could look past his brash personality and see the substance beneath it. I happily voted for him in 2020.

I looked at it like the choice between Trump and the step daughter of Satan.

While I was skeptical of Trump even winning, or if he was even capable or inclined to do the things he promised to do, he exceeded my expectations in spite of the endless opposition he faced daily.

Even if he had accomplished none of the things he did, his presidency prevented perhaps the most evil woman on earth from becoming president, and also exposed just how deep the deep state is, and how horrific our fake news organizations really are.

Old 05-18-2022, 02:16 PM

9,096 posts, read 6,317,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
The Left will threaten to burn down our cities if either Trump or DeSantis wins, but we need to hold strong and defeat this type of thinking will all available and legal means.
The left can threaten to burn down our cities all they want because honestly with office workers capable of working from home and manufacturing either mostly offshored or in non-urban locales, there is little else remaining in the cities that is of any value.

Old 05-18-2022, 02:29 PM

2,612 posts, read 929,413 times
Based on this poster's history, I find it hard to believe that he voted for Biden. If that is true, then he is a liar. These people dont care about the country, all they care about is their team.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/sear...rchid=45304098

For some reason, people get excited by this idea that people who voted against them later regretted it. That is largely a myth, the % of people who would say they should have voted for the other guy is tiny. But for some reason people get off on thinking about this mythical group of unicorns.

Old 05-18-2022, 02:32 PM

19,722 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyaleWithCheese View Post
Based on this poster's history, I find it hard to believe that he voted for Biden. If that is true, then he is a liar. These people dont care about the country, all they care about is their team.

For some reason, people get excited by this idea that people who voted against them later regretted it. That is largely a myth, the % of people who would say they should have voted for the other guy is tiny. But for some reason people get off on thinking about this mythical group of unicorns.
No such link

Old 05-18-2022, 02:32 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,071,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyaleWithCheese View Post

The OP said he voted 3rd party.

Old 05-18-2022, 02:40 PM

1,870 posts, read 843,254 times
i just saw on the new that gas will be $6 a gallon this summer, trump would of been impeach by now

Old 05-18-2022, 02:44 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Demand for fossil fuels surged in the last two years after the drop off in 2020.
Profits for fossil fuels have been significant in the last two years.

OPEC setting global prices to make up for losses in 2020 is the biggest problem for us right now.

Biden can be accused of not addressing the immigration problem, wanting to spend too much money....but the whole myth of killing the fossil fuel industry is very misleading.
bull.

BIden in fact killed exploration. we dont have near the production we should because we arent looking. And JOE BIDEN killed exploration.

on the day he took office, we were energy independant. today we are utterly at the whim of foreign production. the myth is that it isnt bidens fault.

Old 05-18-2022, 02:45 PM

2,409 posts, read 1,529,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
I just thought we would have another four years of an Obama type administration. Biden and the cronies that are handling him are completely in purposely trying to destroy this country there is no other viable explanation for the decisions they’re making. It’s like every decision has Two choices, the obvious correct one that will help the country and the one that will make everything worse. And they always choose the one that’s making everything worse. I do believe it’s purposely being orchestrated at this point.
You are seeing obama's third term with this administration. It's the same puppetmasters from 2008 & 2012.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies