Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2022, 01:49 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,608,838 times

Advertisements

Jordan Peterson was attacked on Twitter after saying that plus-size Sports Illustrated model Yumi Nu was "not beautiful."

"However, after he continued to be bombarded with what he described as a 'vicious flood of insults', Peterson called it quits, announcing that he was 'departing' Twitter, while branding the social media platform 'intrinsically and dangerously insane'."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...-Swimsuit.html

You can see pictures of the model in the link. I like Peterson, but I'm not sure his comment was necessary. I think there are better models out there than Yumi, but the magazine can do what it wants.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 05-17-2022, 01:51 PM

1,706 posts, read 638,311 times
He should know by now that the people dont like the truth any more. Especially on twitter.

Old 05-17-2022, 01:52 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,405,478 times
He won't be missed. This is, apparently, one time that offering a "hot take" didn't pan out.

Old 05-17-2022, 01:58 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,957,054 times
Hasn't he heard the saying "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"? I didn't know who Jordan Peterson was until i followed the link. If anyone has less of a right to insult others, it's this guy. He looks like a despondent ghoul in the photo.

Old 05-17-2022, 02:04 PM

52,307 posts, read 52,771,567 times
It's his opinion.

So far, for now, they're allowed, whether you like it or not. I personally would have left it alone, but whatever.

Old 05-17-2022, 02:04 PM

4,663 posts, read 1,958,974 times
If your going to make comments about others, especially about somebodies appearance, in a public setting have the balls to be ready to deal with the kickback. And I dont care what side of the political spectrum your on. Nothing is more pathetic to me than someone who loves to dish it out but than gets upset and Takes their Ball Home(so to speak) when others respond to what is said in a way they themselves dont' like.

Old 05-17-2022, 02:06 PM

11,848 posts, read 5,829,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Jordan Peterson was attacked on Twitter after saying that plus-size Sports Illustrated model Yumi Nu was "not beautiful."

"However, after he continued to be bombarded with what he described as a 'vicious flood of insults', Peterson called it quits, announcing that he was 'departing' Twitter, while branding the social media platform 'intrinsically and dangerously insane'."

You can see pictures of the model in the link. I like Peterson, but I'm not sure his comment was necessary. I think there are better models out there than Yumi, but the magazine can do what it wants.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - he has a right to his opinion. Some women fawn over men that I don't find the least bit attractive.

Old 05-17-2022, 02:12 PM

7,025 posts, read 2,726,954 times
Quote:

Glorifying obesity is not the way to go. Why should an unhealthy lifestyle be immune from criticism? I support Peterson.

Old 05-17-2022, 02:18 PM

52,692 posts, read 34,613,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
He won't be missed.
of course he will. he has hundreds of thousands of followers.

Old 05-17-2022, 02:18 PM

6,048 posts, read 3,766,409 times
Quote:

His comment may not have been "necessary", but I can't fault him on his accuracy. I wouldn't say that the girl is "ugly", but she's just a few cheeseburgers short of looking like a female Sumo wrestler.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies