Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2022, 05:45 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,473,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The bioeconomy of the last chance

The World. June 28, 2011. By René Passet.

Is there a more important and urgent economic problem than the survival of humanity? In 2050, the world will have about 9 billion inhabitants, all legitimately aspiring to the living standards of the currently developed peoples. However, the generalization of current European or American standards would require a quantity of resources representing 4 to 7 times those available to our planet without exhausting its productive heritage.
https://web.archive.org/web/20210518...re-chance.html

What do you think the group of elders brought together to create a doctrine of global governance meant by that?

Quote:
Edgar Morin: The problem with the ecological message is that it only reflects visible external degradation. However, the interior degradations, due to our civilization, are not visible. They are always lived on an individual level and formulated in the "I don't sleep" or "I'm depressed" mode. We are looking for more or less valid personal answers: psychotherapies, psychoanalysis, yoga... And we do not realize that these two discomforts, the visible and the invisible, are two sides of the same problem that results from the process of our civilization. Political ecology must enter a more global perspective. The relationship with nature is an issue that must also transform our relationship with ourselves, our society and otherness.

PS: I must say that what attracted me to your works is precisely that a new completeness is looming there. After the debacle of the left with the case of the hijacking of plane to Mogadishu in 1977, and the suicide of the gang in Baader, Germany had finished with illusions. It was at this time that our country experienced a renaissance of ecological thinking that was born at home around the First World War. Rudolf Bahro, an East German dissident, then wrote a few books that strongly inspired a new left. In particular, a book that presented itself as the matrix of a new current of ecological thought, Die Logik der Rettung (the logic of rescue). However, as a post-Marxist thinker, Bahro was unable to ask the question other than in the terminology of the revolution. However, what interested me a lot in your new approach was the fact that you replaced the term "revolution" with "metamorphosis".

I proposed to put in prison all those who spoke of hope, because it contributes to the disaster.

EM: The revolution is clean up and breaking. In metamorphosis, on the other hand, there is as much the idea of a radical transformation as that of maintaining identity. I believe that salvation, the very conservation of life, require thinking about the conditions of metamorphosis beyond the antinomy revolution / conservation.
https://web.archive.org/web/20210518...gar-morin.html

Oh, post-Marxism. Isn’t that like neo-Marxist with a PR campaign behind it? Gosh, revolution sounds so much better when you call it metamorphosis. I’m sure that the 100 million butterflies who were liberated from their bodies are much happier knowing they were just part of a failed metamorphosis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2022, 07:24 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,473,584 times
Just to reiterate. The people tasked with creating a doctrine for global governance have this as one of their little light grey highlighted boxes:

Quote:
I proposed to put in prison all those who spoke of hope, because it contributes to the disaster.
What would someone like that be willing to do to whole economies if they had the power? Imprisonment for talking about hope. That’s not hyperbole. That’s as clear of a statement as one can give.

And you don’t want to know what this group of “elders” has cooked up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies