Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2022, 11:35 AM

21,940 posts, read 9,513,063 times

Advertisements

Inflation is going to get worse and we are going to have food shortages due to a fertilizer shortage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2022, 11:45 AM

35,704 posts, read 21,070,199 times
I do think it’s going to get worse. It’s global, but some can’t think further than their own back yards. One thing we should do is stop throwing away food. Those tomatoes going bad, let some one can them, freeze them, day old bread, make stuffing, or meats -make broth. But no, grocers throw everything out. Producers too. Lots of waste. During the pandemic when the trucks didn’t roll, farms just stick with all the food. Give it away ! Not like the government does not help the farmers.

Old 05-21-2022, 12:07 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,256,579 times
I was more worried, personally, when unemployment was high.
It happened when I graduated from college and then again when my kids graduated.
Not having an income is more scarey for me. Having no money in the bank is worse than high prices. When my electricity was shut off because I could not pay my bill- it was the worst.

Old 05-21-2022, 12:28 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
The so called Great Recession began in 2007 and ended in 2009. It was the LONGEST contraction since the Great Depression.

The 2020 recession was the WORST since the Great Depression.

Over the past 100 years, recessions have occurred during every presidential term with the exception of Clinton.
Some recessions crossed terms.

While POTUSs have influence, none control the economy.. If they did, there likely would never be a recession.

Seems there is a tendency within the general public to confuse the formal end of a recession with full recovery.

Old 05-21-2022, 12:40 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,153,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
Economy is in a pickle negative GDP growth and record breaking inflation causing the fed to take away the juice that had bid up asset prices. Do you feel more uncertain/negative about this economy than you did during the financial crisis?
I don't remember being all that worried during the 2008 financial crisis. Right now, I'm more worried about my elderly parents than I am about myself. They've got a lot going on, and inflation is hitting them hard.

Old 05-21-2022, 12:53 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,473,584 times
It’s actually the opposite. I know without a doubt what “global equity” means for Americans. I certainly could be wrong but I don’t think I am. This all ends when Americans consume 4.4% (-.1% than current % of global population) of global resources. Right now it’s something like 25-33% of global resources. Or to put it differently, when America’s PPP (purchasing power parity) is 20% of what it currently is. If gas was $3.00 a gallon, when it’s almost over it’ll be $15 gallon. If milk was $2.50 a gallon at the “peak,” then it will be somewhere around $12.50 gallon when it’s almost over.

And then there is the fact that American’s got to consume 25-33% of global resources so the globalist will have to make up for that and “spreading the material wealth of nations” from those that have to those that do not have. That can be done several ways but the main was will be to erode your purchasing power through perennially high inflation for a decade straight. At the same time your taxes will be increased and shifted to the coffers of the Business Roundtable to exploit MENA and Sub-Saharan Africa. After all, China is well on its way to winning the resource wars in Africa with its Belt and Road Initiative. By 2100 ⅓ of the global population will be in Africa at current trends.

So I feel like I know a considerable more about an end game now more than I ever did over my first 42 years. Unfortunately the future is looking like a totalitarian nightmare at this point where every single person on the planet suffers a meager existence with little to nothing and ruling elite lording over all of them like Hunger Games or something.

I could be wrong though.

Old 05-21-2022, 12:55 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
Economy is in a pickle negative GDP growth and record breaking inflation causing the fed to take away the juice that had bid up asset prices. Do you feel more uncertain/negative about this economy than you did during the financial crisis?
No. I'm pretty certain we're headed into the worst recession in the lifetime of most here.

Old 05-21-2022, 01:02 PM

24,642 posts, read 9,468,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Many of the inflationary issues now are due to supply chain issues caused by COVID.
COVID doesn’t cause supply chain issues.

Progressive humans afraid of a 99% survival rate virus, despite a vaccine, cause supply chain issues.

There is no cure for COVID and it will exist for a very long time. Did you miss the part where people are still dying from it? The only difference is folks are tired of pretending masks, vaccines and lockdowns ever worked.

Old 05-21-2022, 01:04 PM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I do think it’s going to get worse. It’s global, but some can’t think further than their own back yards. One thing we should do is stop throwing away food. Those tomatoes going bad, let some one can them, freeze them, day old bread, make stuffing, or meats -make broth. But no, grocers throw everything out. Producers too. Lots of waste. During the pandemic when the trucks didn’t roll, farms just stick with all the food. Give it away ! Not like the government does not help the farmers.
And why does this happen?

Old 05-21-2022, 01:26 PM

4,960 posts, read 2,239,613 times
Quote:
I am not uncertain about the economy. The Biden Administration has put it on the fast track to hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies