Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2022, 10:13 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Oh, got it. The better educated, employed, etc come to your corner of the world and demand amenities like plumbing, steady WIFI, organic groceries, good schools for their kids, paved roads, etc (feel free to add). Please tell me the good reasons you don't like them. They raise the prices of local real estate so you cannot compete--makes sense. What else? It costs money to have good schools, plumbing, paved roads, etc. Right?
Just...stop...already

Rather narrow-minded of you to assume these places don't have plumbing or paved roads. You don't know that local farmers do sell organic vegetables and fruits?

As for the other items --- if such things are so important to the so-called "better educated" (what a snobby way of looking down on the locals, btw) then they need to seek out places where such things exist instead of trying to force their way of life onto others. Move to an area with a slower pace of life if that's what you want for yourself. Otherwise, if you don't like that lifestyle, move to a place that already has what you want. That's not a hard thing to do or figure out.

You are also sadly mistaken if you think red areas don't have well educated people. Where I live, the area was red when we came here. Already, there were many well educated people and good school systems. I know---that's a shock to you. Over time, the population grew exponentially thus changing the area from purple to blue. Thankfully, there is still a big swath of red area in the state. And, yes, the area we are in always had plumbing and paved roads Over the years, there was steady internet service, although one upscale area got stuck with poor service due to the builder making a deal with some obscure provider.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2022, 10:33 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
They are winning, and have been winning for a long time now, with or without a plan.

Their plan is to win elections, move the country left, then win more elections, then make gov't bigger & more corrupt and more powerful, then win another election.

Whatever their plan is, it has been working almost perfectly....see my list in post #1. Trump was a hiccup, & he couldn't take it all very far in just 4 years. They've undone almost all of it in just 1 year, heck a lot of it on day #1.

For the "smarter" Pubs to really move their plan down the field, they need to win the House, the Senate, AND the Presidency, and hold it for at least 4 years. The must also clean house in DC at ALL the agencies and swamp of non-elected officials who really run DC.

I don't think the Pubs are smart enough to pull this off. I think they underestimate their opponents. Pubs don't know how to sell their ideas to the masses, & they don't build fullfilling emotional needs into their solutions.

When it comes to making people feel better emotionally, or fixing their problems, making them feel good has been and is still winning. If either party can figure out how to do both, they will go on a very long winning streak.
Look, if Republicans would stop being so damned obsessed with social issues that don't greatly concern most Americans they could help themselves. Not too long ago, Republicans were highly consumed with trying to stop gay rights, especially same sex marriage. Now tell me, how does two people of the same sex going to the courthouse to get a marriage license adversely affect my life? It doesn't.

For now, two issues Republicans are greatly consuming themselves with is abortion and transsexualism. Now, come on, how is banning nearly all abortion supposed to make my life better? It won't. How is stopping a transsexual at my local high school from going to the restroom of the gender he or she identifies with supposed to make my life better? It sure as hell won't make my life better.

As an American, I'm most consumed with promoting world peace much needed now, better support for public education, bringing about better paying jobs, less inflation, less big corporatism and more mom and pop stores, improved infrastructure and easier access to health care for everyone. Unlike Republicans, I am certainly not deeply consumed by homosexuality, banning all or nearly all abortions and transsexualism.

Old 05-22-2022, 10:34 PM

24,643 posts, read 9,468,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
We win cause the other side is crazier.
The side putting tampons in boys elementary bathrooms isn’t the crazier side?

You win because you promise more free crap.

And when you don’t deliver, you blame Republicans.

Old 05-22-2022, 10:51 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,187,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Just...stop...already

Rather narrow-minded of you to assume these places don't have plumbing or paved roads. You don't know that local farmers do sell organic vegetables and fruits?

As for the other items --- if such things are so important to the so-called "better educated" (what a snobby way of looking down on the locals, btw) then they need to seek out places where such things exist instead of trying to force their way of life onto others. Move to an area with a slower pace of life if that's what you want for yourself. Otherwise, if you don't like that lifestyle, move to a place that already has what you want. That's not a hard thing to do or figure out.

You are also sadly mistaken if you think red areas don't have well educated people. Where I live, the area was red when we came here. Already, there were many well educated people and good school systems. I know---that's a shock to you. Over time, the population grew exponentially thus changing the area from purple to blue. Thankfully, there is still a big swath of red area in the state. And, yes, the area we are in always had plumbing and paved roads Over the years, there was steady internet service, although one upscale area got stuck with poor service due to the builder making a deal with some obscure provider.
I know the South got indoor plumbing in the 1950's from the federal government so that is just to give you a little taste of what you give me. Besides, you just don't give me any specifics to work with. Sorry, the blue states are better educated--why do you think they are doing better economically? That doesn't mean I think you all are undereducated people--it's just rare. Give me specifics that bother you so I don't have to fill in the blanks for you.

Old 05-22-2022, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Hopefully, the United States Supreme Court will overturn Roe v. Wade.

That will be the beginning of the end of radical liberal nonsense in the United States.
Then no doubt, you strongly believe that states should decide if same sex marriage is legitimate and legal along with interracial marriage. After all, it's a matter of fact that most conservatives are quite strongly opposed to those two things. Conservatives can easily cite bible verses to justify how they feel.

Old 05-22-2022, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Exactly, it is Obama who ignited class warfare in this country.
Seriously, you're so all out WRONG! Class warfare started many decades ago as far back as the 1960s when government welfare started. When it started, people were severely looked down upon in my neighborhood who were on it. Class war started in my neighborhood when it was rumored that a poor family was on welfare. It resulted in repeated chants of "The Browns get a welfare check" and then rock throwing back and forth ensued. Who knows how many people on here can relate to that?

Old 05-22-2022, 11:09 PM

5,743 posts, read 3,605,486 times
Al-Qaeda took control of the US in 2001, and in many respects still clutches us in fear, driving day-yo-day US policy.

Fear.

Old 05-22-2022, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
The person who promises 2 free scoops of ice cream will always win over the one that only promises 1. Also the media carries the water for the Democrats.
Yet, the no. 1 cable news media is Fox News which quite strongly supports Republicans. Newsmax on cable is also doing well for the Republicans.

Old 05-22-2022, 11:16 PM

866 posts, read 319,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Like...

-The most powerful country on Earth
-The White House
-The House of Representatives
-The Senate
-All the Federal Agencies: FBI, DOJ, DHS, EPA, ect.
-The DC Swamp of unelected official
-Education on every level
-The Media
-Big Tech
-Big Pharma
-Big Banks
-Elections
-Unions
-Human Resource departments
-Not-for-profits
-A rapidly-growing army of gov't workers w/ massive pensions & cadillac health plans
-The entire West coast of the U.S.
-Most of the Eastern seashore of the U.S.
-Nearly every major city

Can anyone explain to me how not so bright people gained so much control over those who claim to be smarter...the Republicans?
There are plenty of brilliant Democrats just as there are plenty of brilliant Republicans and Independents.

The difference is the radical left understands how the game is played and will do almost anything for power. Most power hungry conservatives are selfish and seek individual power. Many more liberals understand that what matters is collective power and are not afraid to buy it with taxpayer money. And of course they clain it's all for the common good.

Never let a crisis go to waste.

Old 05-22-2022, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
So...why are large numbers of your fellow libs moving to red states?
California libs certainly aren't moving to red states like Oklahoma, though. They are most certainly avoiding Oklahoma, like the plague. This is because they see Oklahoma as such an incredibly bad, backward state to try to attempt to live in, along with trying to put up with the year round bad weather. However, some conservative Californians certainly are moving to Oklahoma and warn people not to vote yes on city sales tax hikes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies