Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2022, 11:48 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
You've got it all wrong. When liberals move to red states, they insist on changing them for the worse. Traffic worsens, schools get more crowded, taxes go up, rents skyrocket as do housing prices. Californians are the worst when it comes to ruining red states. Never mind red states, now they are ruining countries. You must have missed how they're now ruining Portugal. There's a thread about that. IOW, they leave CA because they ruined it and then go elsewhere and ruin it, too.

You need to get a clue.
But really no clue needed at all, since the above happens in every city big and small that is growing because of many decent paying new jobs coming in. The response to crowded schools is more schools built. Maybe you would rather live in a stagnant or declining small rural town where the major two lane street will never need expanded to 5 lanes.

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 05-23-2022 at 12:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2022, 11:54 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I know the South got indoor plumbing in the 1950's from the federal government so that is just to give you a little taste of what you give me. Besides, you just don't give me any specifics to work with. Sorry, the blue states are better educated--why do you think they are doing better economically? That doesn't mean I think you all are undereducated people--it's just rare. Give me specifics that bother you so I don't have to fill in the blanks for you.
Then why would people from CA even want to move to these places? Why are the h*ll bent on going there and cramming their way of life down the throats of the locals?

I don't know what you're talking about. What "specifics" do you want? Do you not believe that red states and foreign countries are being ruined by the influx of CA residents? I find it very odd that you aren't aware of all of this. Try doing some research for yourself. You don't seem to believe anything I've told you. Thus, I'm done with you. Buh bye!

Old 05-23-2022, 12:21 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Then why would people from CA even want to move to these places? Why are the h*ll bent on going there and cramming their way of life down the throats of the locals?
This video explains why conservative, not liberal Californians are moving to the red state of Oklahoma.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WX7Euyvtv8

Old 05-23-2022, 06:12 AM

6,995 posts, read 2,711,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
About 60% of the population are feelers, 40% are thinkers. They have a baked in advantage. The vast majority of people don’t operate based on logic. They’ve also paid off a lot of people government workers, welfare recipients, education system, etc that will vote for their self interests even if it’s not good for the greater good.
And because of that, the right will never defeat them or roll any of their failed policies back. By winning elections the right may be able to temporarily put a pause to their destruction of the country, but as soon as they regain control they just pick up where they left off. I would love to see huge chunks of the Federal government be abolished and all the budgets cancelled. Let the country live on the Federal Budget from 1980.

Old 05-23-2022, 06:25 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,293,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
why does the loud, angry woman get to return an item she didn’t buy at Target?
Exactly because the Democrats make a lot of noise and the conservatives don't. Until covid and teaching wokeness in schools nobody ever bothered to question Lefty's in charge of various institutions like School Boards. It's only when the left finally went off the deep end and they finally get some backlash in their progressive push.

Trying to normalize transgenderism and sexual topics in people who haven't even reached puberty isn't exactly going to win you brownie points among normal people nor is masking up kids for a disease they don't even get seriously ill from

There's some other great replies above talking about human nature in the fact 60% of people are feelers that make me want to read into the rest of this thread. That number actually goes up as culture gets into what you might call late-stage capitalism where most of the population becomes too comfortable, and perhaps that's why the societies rise and fall because you can't run a nation on feelings you've got to have some practical rational rules in place. Even in my red area people are way too impulsive and Reckless with various aspects of their lives.

Another poster says Democrats understand Game Theory and how to win using collectivism and he's absolutely right. However I could never be a collectivist.... it doesn't mesh with me.

Last edited by sholomar; 05-23-2022 at 06:35 AM..

Old 05-23-2022, 06:29 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,857,292 times
If Democrats are not so bright, how did they take control over so much?

The internet is filled with so much information at your finger tips.
There are so many places to start.

I read up on President Wilson ( D ) and
the reasons he took the U.S. economy
off the gold standard.

He lamented later in life that he regretted
signing the Federal Reserve Act stating
" unwittingly ruining the Country."

Pay attention to unwittingly as there were many other
key players involved in influencing his decision.

This read is not for the feint of heart..........you may never look at the world thru rose colored glasses again............

Old 05-23-2022, 06:29 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,475,901 times
There's a discussion to be had here but the framing of this thread is not the context to have it in. The left has been selling "something for nothing" for a century and more, and intelligence or lack thereof has little to do with the sales pitch.

Old 05-23-2022, 06:30 AM

24,643 posts, read 9,468,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
The person who promises 2 free scoops of ice cream will always win over the one that only promises 1. Also the media carries the water for the Democrats.
Correct, and at the end of the day you're still going to get no free scoop of ice cream, which allows each side to blame the other.

Old 05-23-2022, 06:30 AM

21,945 posts, read 9,513,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b29510 View Post
because everybody wants something for free

Old 05-23-2022, 06:33 AM

21,945 posts, read 9,513,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho62 View Post
81 million not so bright people.
And 1 who thinks 81 million voted for Biden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies