Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 190 39.34%
No 247 51.14%
Unsure 46 9.52%
Voters: 483. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2022, 01:34 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,231,255 times

Advertisements

^^^ Does anybody bother to read his links? ^^^
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2022, 01:54 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,656,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Life expectancy in Ukraine, and in many of the former republics, is not any better. Actually, probably somewhat worse.
These people are not working with logic & reason...they are working off of bias, emotion, and derangement.
If I claimed that the Russians said the Earth was a sphere...they would say it's flat, just to disagree.

Old 12-23-2022, 02:14 PM

29,835 posts, read 24,922,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
These people are not working with logic & reason...they are working off of bias, emotion, and derangement.
If I claimed that the Russians said the Earth was a sphere...they would say it's flat, just to disagree.

Most Russians I have met are not fond of Russia or the quality of life they "enjoyed" when living in that country. I've never met a Russian who expressed a patriotic love of the motherland. The place where you will find the most pro Russian sentiment is on the internet. Probably all those bots paid by Putler to spread the word that Russia ain't so bad. Of course, they wouldn't have to pay people to say nice things about Russia if it wasn't a 2nd world nation with a poor quality of life run by a former KGB hitman whose best days have long since past.

CCP bots and Russian bots will end up battling one another for internet superiority... While normal people go about living their lives, oblivious to it all.

Old 12-23-2022, 02:34 PM

4,976 posts, read 2,715,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Most Russians I have met are not fond of Russia or the quality of life they "enjoyed" when living in that country. I've never met a Russian who expressed a patriotic love of the motherland. The place where you will find the most pro Russian sentiment is on the internet. Probably all those bots paid by Putler to spread the word that Russia ain't so bad. Of course, they wouldn't have to pay people to say nice things about Russia if it wasn't a 2nd world nation with a poor quality of life run by a former KGB hitman whose best days have long since past.

CCP bots and Russian bots will end up battling one another for internet superiority... While normal people go about living their lives, oblivious to it all.
And don't forget the Ukrainian bots. Plenty of them here too.

Old 12-23-2022, 02:40 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,790,192 times
What is in the latest military aid package to Ukraine? I didn't know that one Patriot system consists of 8 launchers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvozgbTHORM

Old 12-23-2022, 02:50 PM

13,634 posts, read 10,038,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
What is in the latest military aid package to Ukraine? I didn't know that one Patriot system consists of 8 launchers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvozgbTHORM
I wonder if I can be put on a list of future recipients, because the way things are going, this little part of England, could be just a few days/weeks, (never know), away from needing them.

Old 12-23-2022, 02:58 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,790,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
I wonder if I can be put on a list of future recipients, because the way things are going, this little part of England, could be just a few days/weeks, (never know), away from needing them.
England, as in the UK. The UK is a nuclear power. They are relatively safe. A few crazy terrorists will attack any country nuclear or not, but countries like China, Russia, and North Korea won't attack the UK. Few people understand how much leverage being a nuclear power gives.

The USA, the UK, NATO won't attack Russia for the same reason. Putin even uses Russia's nuclear power to blackmail the world.

Old 12-23-2022, 03:01 PM

13,634 posts, read 10,038,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
England, as in the UK. The UK is a nuclear power. Few people understand how much leverage being a nuclear power gives. A few crazy terrorists will attack any country nuclear or not, but countries like China, Russia, and North Korea won't attack the UK.
I really hope so, because where I am, we can see their navy pass by while cruising the channel, testing our defences.

Old 12-23-2022, 06:00 PM

46,973 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
What makes the ISS 'theirs'? Come on, now, that should be an easy one.

Old 12-23-2022, 06:09 PM

46,973 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
^^^ Does anybody bother to read his links? ^^^
I do. They're mostly obscure ("Russia beyond", I mean - really) - and unsupportive of his statements.

Headline: Russia is sooper-dooper leading edge in nuclear technology. Content: OK, so its's actually conversion of uranium ore into yellowcake (verrry high tech) where they hold 40% of the world's capacity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies