Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 194 39.35%
No 251 50.91%
Unsure 48 9.74%
Voters: 493. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2023, 07:40 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,613,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
"Poor understanding of the war" from someone who
You can just stop right there, since your understanding of the war begins and ends with your claims that Ukraine wouldn't be able to take back territory Russia had seized.

You can spin it all you want, but you can't get away from how much that exposes you on how much you really know what is going on in Ukraine. You will always be the guy who's knowledge of the war in Ukraine led to such idiotic analysis. As a review, this was you in summer 2022:

Quote:
they lack the ability (as does the actual Ukrainian military, which was one of the largest of Europe before this conflict started) to eject Russia from the territory it has captured
You might as well have typed "I have no idea what I'm talking about" and been done with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2023, 08:23 AM

25,665 posts, read 17,406,594 times
Quote:
quote=Listener2307;64871872]......
"They".... The entire Russian society. We don't need them dead, we just need them too poor to field an army or navy. Like Venezuela.
[/quote]
Quote:
Your error here (and it's not the only one you've committed, although in fairness you have plenty of company on this thread) is your failure to distinguish state and society.
No mistake was made. I meant what I said. There is something wrong with Russian society.
I am not proposing we bomb them the way they are doing to Ukraine, but since Russians have proven they cannot exist peacefully and trade in good faith, I am proposing we take all their toys away through sanctions and isolation, as well as making it nigh on impossible to win territory that is not theirs.

So far so good!

Old 02-14-2023, 08:44 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,341,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
You can just stop right there, since your understanding of the war begins and ends with your claims that Ukraine wouldn't be able to take back territory Russia had seized.

You can spin it all you want, but you can't get away from how much that exposes you on how much you really know what is going on in Ukraine. You will always be the guy who's knowledge of the war in Ukraine led to such idiotic analysis. As a review, this was you in summer 2022:

You might as well have typed "I have no idea what I'm talking about" and been done with it.
Chuckles.

If only your understanding of the war began with at least 2014, as that's when the background which led to the seizure of Crimea and the attacks by Ukrainians against Donbass (the latter being a major reason this conflict even happened) dates from.

People like you who in their benighted quasi-thinking write as if they can ascertain where other posters' knowledge of this conflict begins and ends ignore all this and instead use unintelligent words such as "Russia apologists" and make childish and laughable fabrications such as other posters reading "pro-Russian blogs."

The difference is that when children participate in make-believe, they simply don't know any better. Posters like those who write these entertaining yet vacuous statements have no excuse, but whatever you think suffices to compensate for your lack of knowledge and understanding - I hear ya.

But of course, you and others who think (and I use that word charitably) that Ukraine is actually winning this war have proven to be impervious to pesky and sticky little things called........ facts.

Old 02-14-2023, 08:46 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,341,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
No mistake was made. I meant what I said. There is something wrong with Russian society. I am not proposing we bomb them the way they are doing to Ukraine, but since Russians have proven they cannot exist peacefully and trade in good faith, I am proposing we take all their toys away through sanctions and isolation, as well as making it nigh on impossible to win territory that is not theirs.

So far so good!
The fact you think no mistake was made only proves my point: you fail to grasp the distinction between state and society.

Old 02-14-2023, 09:03 AM

7,825 posts, read 2,744,022 times
ISW Update 2/13/23

https://www.understandingwar.org/bac...bruary-13-2023

Quote:
Feb 13, 2023 - Press ISW

Moscow continues to leverage its relationship with Iran to provide military support for the war in Ukraine. The Ukrainian Main Military Intelligence Directorate (GUR) intercepted audio on February 10 reportedly of two Shahed drone operators coordinating targets in what the GUR claimed was a "Kurdish dialect interspersed with Farsi words." ISW cannot identify the dialect in the audio intercept with high confidence, but the fact that the individuals in the audio clip are Shahed operators indicates that they may be operators from Iranian Kurdistan who are likely affiliated with the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC). It is far less likely that Russia has been able to identify or import individual Kurdish militants with experience operating drones to conduct Shahed strikes on Ukraine. ISW has previously reported that IRGC-affiliated elements are likely supporting Russia’s use Shahed drones by acting as operators and trainers, and the operators in the GUR intercept are likely part of the same line of effort. UK outlet The Guardian relatedly reported on February 13 that Iran has smuggled at least 18 long-range drones to Russia using boats and Iranian state-owned aircraft. The Guardian found that these shipments include six Mohajer-6 drones and 12 Shahed-121 and 129 drones, which have air-to-ground strike capabilities and are designed to deliver a payload to the target and return to base, unlike the Shahed-131 and 136 loitering munition-type drones that Russian forces have widely used in Ukraine thus far. Russian milbloggers noted on February 13 that IRGC-affiliated Il-76 cargo aircraft routinely fly to Russia, suggesting that Tehran consistently provides Moscow with a variety of material using IRGC-affiliated planes. These data points, taken in tandem, suggest that Russia continues to rely on Iran for military and technological support in Ukraine and that some Iranian personnel are likely in Ukraine directly supporting Russian attacks on Ukrainian civilian infrastructure, as ISW has previously reported.

Old 02-14-2023, 09:13 AM

7,825 posts, read 2,744,022 times
This is a good interview with Gen Petraeus

Gen. David Petraeus: How the war in Ukraine will end

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/14/opini...tpr/index.html

Old 02-14-2023, 09:58 AM

9,976 posts, read 4,726,407 times
Tear gas being used first by Russia now by Ukraine?

Violation of no chemical warfare treaty?

Old 02-14-2023, 10:13 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,375,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Yeah. Wouldn't matter to me. The idea is the destruction of Russia.
We've all seen what Russia has done to civilian dwellings and civilian infrastructure in Ukraine. There is no place for Russia in the civilized world. They are a sick country.
You do know that many people say the same thing about the US and the West in general, right?

Old 02-14-2023, 10:14 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,375,096 times
'Little by little they are winning': Tide turns in key Ukraine city: Updates as Russian offensive begins.

https://news.yahoo.com/little-little...xvr5KN5YYcatkZ

Old 02-14-2023, 10:30 AM

2,390 posts, read 1,093,694 times
[quote=Lycanmaster;64874044]'Little by little they are winning': Tide turns in key Ukraine city: Updates as Russian offensive begins.

https://news.yahoo.com/little-little...xvr5KN5YYcatkZ[/QUOTE

"Lose the battle ...win the war"

No doubt Ukraine is going to lose a few battles ...but Ukraine will win the war....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies