Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.88%
No 254 50.40%
Unsure 49 9.72%
Voters: 504. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2023, 07:51 AM

4,986 posts, read 2,758,211 times

Advertisements

update from the front...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5ZxDiTwceM

Last edited by double6's; 07-23-2023 at 08:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2023, 08:07 AM

4,656 posts, read 3,852,089 times
Russian military continues its attacks with a purpose of draining out the civilian population - their long-game to eventually get a settlement.

"...four children were among those wounded in the blasts, which severely damaged 25 landmarks across the city. They included the historic Transfiguration Cathedral."

https://apnews.com/article/odesa-mis...5b1ec706e5d7da

Old 07-23-2023, 09:55 AM

26,720 posts, read 15,272,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I have questions:

1) How are they going to protect the airfield when the jets are on the ground being turned? I’ve spent a lot of years out on a flightline, and that is pretty frightening to me. They are going to try and service jets when the Russians have the capability to strike the airfield any time they want to?

2) They state that even with these F16s, it won’t be enough to turn the tide. Ok, what’s it going to take? If we keep escalating this thing, it’s not going to be good for anyone.

If Russia is able to destroy some F16s, either on the ground or in the air, this would be a big propaganda win for them.

I’m sorry, but we need to find a way to end this war. Way too many people have died, it’s time for peace. We should be at a table somewhere trying to end this thing.
As to your first point, there was some hope that perhaps Poland would let Ukrainian jets fly out of there so as to not be so easily struck on the ground by Russia.

We keep inching closer to a bigger situation.

Old 07-23-2023, 10:04 AM

19,234 posts, read 27,874,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
At least shoot the drone with your AK or something.

https://youtu.be/UXO_Z1Vp58k
Actually, they find buck/duck shots to be the most effective, as it fires a cloud of pellets. Drone is not that easy to hit with a rather small bullet.

Old 07-23-2023, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
As to your first point, there was some hope that perhaps Poland would let Ukrainian jets fly out of there so as to not be so easily struck on the ground by Russia.

We keep inching closer to a bigger situation.
According to any existing and historical war laws, if a country allows a combatant to use its territory for launching weapons, that country automatically becomes participant and can be dealt with accordingly. You think, Poland wants that? Then, it draws the entire NATO into the war.

Old 07-23-2023, 10:11 AM

26,720 posts, read 15,272,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
According to any existing and historical war laws, if a country allows a combatant to use its territory for launching weapons, that country automatically becomes participant and can be dealt with accordingly. You think, Poland wants that? Then, it draws the entire NATO into the war.
No, I don't think Poland wants that. I just said there was talk of hope for that.

Old 07-23-2023, 10:15 AM

He he he.
Lukashenko meeting with Putin. Btw, Putin has very bad manners, judging by how he sits.
Anyhow, watch the video:

https://t.me/wagnernew/8997

Lukashenko just did informational influx. He said that Wagners want to "sightseeing Warsaw and Rzeszow", underscoring that even mentioning of Rzeszow makes Polaks very uncomfortable, as it is main Ukraine supplying hub. Of course, "I'm keeping this under tight control" yet.... as Russian proverb goes, word is not a bird, you let it out, you can't catch it back. Lukasshenko just set Poland on tip toes....

Old 07-23-2023, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
No, I don't think Poland wants that. I just said there was talk of hope for that.
Either way, that would be a very bad hope. That's another step towards tactical nuclear weapons use right there.

Old 07-23-2023, 11:27 AM

8,984 posts, read 11,866,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
Man it looks like the US is really putting the F16's on the fast track. They should already be there IMHO

Ukraine Situation Report: U.S. Now Pushing To Deliver F-16s “As Fast As Possible”

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...st-as-possible
Russia won't like it if Ukraine gets F-16. Their propaganda machine has been working hard against the idea. I wonder how many that voted in the poll are Russian bots.

Having said that, operating the F-16 is a complex task that Ukraine might not be ready for at the moment. I can definitively see Ukraine getting the F-16 in the future for deterrence when the war is over.

For now, HIMARs, Storm Shadow, and JDAMs are doing a good job of disrupting Russia's supplies and logistics. A good alternative to the F-16 is ATACMs. It's way cheaper than the F-16 and utilizes existing HIMARs launchers. Ukraine could also use more air defense system in Odessa to protect civilians against Russian missile attacks.

Old 07-23-2023, 12:23 PM

5,284 posts, read 3,860,305 times
Russian blockade. No more smuggling weapons in by Ukraine see? Odds favor a Russian takeover of the entire South now including of course Odessa. Might take time be patient. Mistake not going to the peace table. Another glaring mistake by the West. Now whatever will be left of Ukraine will be landlocked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies