Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2022, 06:26 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,131,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Here’s where I’m at. I would tell you to take your 2nd amendment at put it where the sun don’t shine to get one of those children back. I’m fed up with gun loving morons.
And where are you on the Democrats blocking safe schools legislation?

Old 05-28-2022, 06:45 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,017,135 times
Reasonable gun laws:

1. Always keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.
2. Treat all firearms as if they are loaded.
3. Don't point it at anything you don't plan to destroy.
4. Arm and train every law abiding citizen.
5. Put violent criminals in the dirt.

Old 05-28-2022, 06:46 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
Reasonable gun laws:

Old 05-28-2022, 07:13 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
I would tell you to do the same with your trust in a government that obviously doesn't care about making children safe.
I’m emotional and pissed off about the whole thing right now.

I shouldn’t comment.

Old 05-28-2022, 07:26 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,189,379 times
Quote:
Reasonable gun laws:
That's basic safety training.

Quote:
I'm sure the nuns will decline.

Quote:
No, we can't ignore the Constitution.

Old 05-28-2022, 07:32 PM

15,095 posts, read 8,639,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by statebw View Post
The Constitution is clear, but you seem confused.
No, you’re the confused one. Go read the SCOTUS decision.

But in short … the language is very clear, so perhaps you need a refresher in English? The operative portion of the 2nd Amendment language is “……..the right of the people …..”. It does not say the militia, the army, the national guard, Santa Claus. All you really need to know is who they were referring to as “the people”. And, it’s a really easy question … they meant “the people”. They didn’t include certain people, and exclude others, therefore it applies to people in general.

Perhaps it would be easier to understand if we eliminated the offensive part of this which causes liberals to forget how to read, and understand simple things like what is a woman?

So let’s try a little experiment ….

“The proper regulated temperature being necessary for preserving perishable food, the right of the people to keep and maintain refrigerators shall not be infringed”.

In this context, are you still confused about who “the people” part is referring to? Do you think this only applies to people in the food industry? Or do you think it is meant to imply your kitchen and mine, and everyone else’s who would want to prevent their food from premature spoilage?

Old 05-28-2022, 07:46 PM

15,095 posts, read 8,639,316 times
Quote:
Reasonable gun laws:

As the simple saying suggests …. Gun control is the ability to hit what you are aiming at.

Old 05-28-2022, 08:02 PM

13,693 posts, read 9,014,113 times
Even Justice Scalia said that to ban certain weapons did not violate the 2nd Amendment.

Let's say their are 100 different weapons. Even if you banned 80, it would leave 20.

No one that is reasonable is calling for banning 'all' guns.

But, if you have 80 weapons out of 100, you still have 20 to chose from.

That is the argument: Republicans are arguing that banning ANY weapon is tantamont to banning all.

Yet, it is not the truth.

Old 05-28-2022, 08:07 PM

1,411 posts, read 1,002,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Even Justice Scalia said that to ban certain weapons did not violate the 2nd Amendment.

Let's say their are 100 different weapons. Even if you banned 80, it would leave 20.

No one that is reasonable is calling for banning 'all' guns.

But, if you have 80 weapons out of 100, you still have 20 to chose from.

That is the argument: Republicans are arguing that banning ANY weapon is tantamont to banning all.

Yet, it is not the truth.
The reason is you give someone and inch and they’d take a mile. I remember my hs days with my girl friend. I would ask for a touch here or a feel there, nothing major. All alone I wanted her to get comfy so that we could go all the way.

Old 05-28-2022, 08:12 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,357,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Several prominent Democrats have. It has been listed here before.
For your reading pleasure:

"If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them . . . Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in, I would have done it. I could not do that. The votes weren't here."--Diane Feinstein, (D) U.S. Senator from California

In an op-ed published in the New York Times Tuesday, the 97-year-old former Supreme Court justice argues that advocates for stricter gun control legislation should take the next step and demand the removal of the Second Amendment entirely. --John Paul Stevens (D) former Supreme Court justice

"Instead, we should ban possession of military-style semiautomatic assault weapons, we should buy back such weapons from all who choose to abide by the law, and we should criminally prosecute any who choose to defy it by keeping their weapons," he wrote. "The ban would not apply to law enforcement agencies or shooting clubs."--Eric Swalwell (D) U.S. Representative from California

“I believe…..this is my final word……I believe that I’m supporting the Constitution of the United States which does not give the right for any individual to own a handgun….”--Jan Schakowsky, (D) U.S. Representative from Illinois

“No, we’re not looking at how to control criminals … we’re talking about banning the AK-47 and semi-automatic guns.”--Howard Metzenbaum, (D) former U.S. Senator

“If a bill to ban handguns came to the house floor, I would vote for it.”--Pete Stark, (D) U.S. Representative from California

” …we need much stricter gun control, and eventually should bar the ownership of handguns”--William Clay, (D) U.S. Representative from Missouri

“Banning guns is an idea whose time has come.”--Joseph Biden, (D) Vice President of the United States and current candidate for president

“I shortly will introduce legislation banning the sale, manufacture or possession of handguns (with exceptions for law enforcement and licensed target clubs)… . It is time to act. We cannot go on like this. Ban them!”--John Chafee, (D) Former U.S. Senator from Rhode Island

“We have to start with a ban on the manufacturing and import of handguns. From there we register the guns which are currently owned, and follow that with additional bans and acquisitions of handguns and rifles with no sporting purpose.”--Major Owens, (D) U.S. Representative from New York

“My staff and I right now are working on a comprehensive gun-control bill. We don’t have all the details, but for instance, regulating the sale and purchase of bullets. Ultimately, I would like to see the manufacture and possession of handguns banned except for military and police use. But that’s the endgame. And in the meantime, there are some specific things that we can do with legislation.”--Bobby Rush, (D) U.S. Representative from Illinois

“Banning guns addresses a fundamental right of all Americans to feel safe. The National Guard fulfills the militia mentioned in the Second amendment. Citizens no longer need to protect the states or themselves.”--Dianne Feinstein, (D) U.S. Senator from California

“All of this has to be understood as part of a process leading ultimately to a treaty that will give an international body power over our domestic laws.”--Charles Pashayan, (D) U.S. Representative from California

“Confiscation could be an option…mandatory sale to the state could be an option.”--Andrew Cuomo, (D) Governor of New York

"Hell yes we're gonna' take your AR-15's" ---Beto O'Rourke (D) former U.S. Representative from Texas and Democrat candidate for president

“I don’t believe people should to be able to own guns.”-- Barack Obama (D) former President of the United States during conversation with economist and author John Lott Jr. at the University of Chicago Law School in the 1990s)

"We need a new paradigm because both sides are in the corner and they could come to the middle," Schumer said. "Those of us who are pro-gun control have to admit that there is a Second Amendment right to bear arms... once we establish that there is a constitutional right to bear arms we should have the right admit, and maybe they'll be more willing to admit, that no amendment is absolute after all."--Chuck Schumer, (D) U.S. Senator from New York

"We can't just stand behind you and say we support our men and women in law enforcement community and then not have the laws on the books that help you do your job every day," he said. "And it's time as a city we have an assault weapon ban. And it's time as a state that we have an assault weapon ban. And it's time as a country that we have an assault weapon ban."--Rahm Emanuel, (D) former Mayor Chicago, Illinois

"We need to do something, at the very least, perhaps, about the high-capacity magazines that were used in this crime."--Richard Blumenthal, (D) U.S. Senator from Connecticut

"We cannot let a minority of people—and that’s what it is, it is a minority of people—hold a viewpoint that terrorizes the majority of people." On Australia's gun ban "So I think that’s worth considering," Clinton said. "I don’t know enough details to tell you how we would do it or how it would work. But certainly, the Australian example is worth considering."----Hillary Clinton (D) former U.S. Senator of New York, Secretary of State and Democrat candidate for president
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies