Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2022, 11:03 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,716,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Hawaii: Hunting feral goats

Texas: Hunting feral pigs

Arizona: Hunting antelope jackrabbits (to me this sounds suspiciously like the the infamous "jackalope," a mythological critter beloved by hunters in the Southwest)

Montana: Hunting elk

Maine: Hunting coyotes

Michigan: Hunting deer

- Time Magazine

As far as I'm concerned, a hunter does not need a semi-automatic rifle to hunt, if he does he sucks, and should go play video games.
In Georgia they’re used for hunting feral hogs, and you definitely want a semiautomatic rifle for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2022, 11:39 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,612,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Since the 20,000 current laws don't work we need more laws.
HA HA, you would think these people would come to realize that by now? But I guess not!

Gun laws are not stopping anyone from obtaining a gun, hell, you can find them on classified ads online. Private sales, swaps, trades, etc. NO PAPERWORK, just a handshake and cash exchanged...the way it should be done anyway.

The handguns I sold for my now deceased friend, (before he went into a nursing home), the guy replied to the ad, he came and looked at them...we agreed on a price and he was out the door with 3 handguns. I dont even think we knew his last name, he paid in cash, and that is all my friend wanted at that time. I have no clue where those guns are today, they could have been re sold 100 times over by now.

This is why gun laws should not get anyone worked up or upset, they are so many unknown/un registered guns floating around out there, its not possible to do anything effective about them. How would police or the govt even find the person that now has these guns? That alone would be impossible.

So, if anyone is getting worried about the govt cracking down on our gun rights...it wont amount to a hill of beans, there is NOTHING they can do realistically. Its too late now.

Old 06-03-2022, 06:30 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,796,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
I figured we could keep a running list. The scariest type of people are those that want to "ban" things and remove constitutional rights without the SLIGHTEST KNOWLEDGE of the thing they want to ban.

These people are truly a menace to a lawful society because they use emotion, not knowledge and facts, to take a heavy hand to a constitution that millions of people have died for and brilliant men created.

I'll start:

1. The 1994 "Assault Weapons Ban" banned assault weapons. FALSE.
2. "You can't kill a dozen people in a minute with a handgun." FALSE.
3. AR-15s are very powerful...too powerful for deer hunting. FALSE.
4. There are no background checks on firearms sales in many states. FALSE.
5. AR-15s are not used for hunting. FALSE.
6. "Mass shootings only happen in the USA." FALSE.
7. "Most mass shooters use AR-15s." FALSE.

What other whoppers have you seen by these people lately?
It did ban assault guns. School shooters, the Tulsa guy, that type of thing, they all use ar15 kinds. Mass shootings include normal Sat. night in Baltimore stuff and that's a different problem and not a gun control one.

Old 06-03-2022, 06:46 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
Shelia Jackson Lee flatly lying about the AR-15.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSeiuEeQzK0

While I'm quite certain she didn't know it - you can certainly get an AR platform rifle in .50 BMG or .50 BEO.

So, despite her best efforts, she's actually sorta right?

Old 06-03-2022, 06:48 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
So what is an AR 15 used for. Sorry, I honestly don't know.

AR-15 is a perfect home defense weapon for women or older people who can't operate the slide on a handgun or deal with the recoil of a shotgun.

Old 06-03-2022, 08:01 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,716,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
It did ban assault guns. School shooters, the Tulsa guy, that type of thing, they all use ar15 kinds. Mass shootings include normal Sat. night in Baltimore stuff and that's a different problem and not a gun control one.
It didn’t ban “assault guns”. It banned cosmetic features.

Not all school shooters use AR-15s. It’s more common in school shootings now because there is a hysteria built up around the “scary black rifles” but at the time of the AWB it was not. Columbine was not perpetrated with an AR-15. Nor were the school shootings which occurred in that same period.

Old 06-03-2022, 08:06 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,612,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
It didn’t ban “assault guns”. It banned cosmetic features.

Not all school shooters use AR-15s. It’s more common in school shootings now because there is a hysteria built up around the “scary black rifles” but at the time of the AWB it was not. Columbine was not perpetrated with an AR-15. Nor were the school shootings which occurred in that same period.
Hmmm, notice how they go after the guns that are NOT used in mass shootings?

That is pretty suspicious! Makes me wonder what their real intent is.

Old 06-03-2022, 08:10 AM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times
"The 'AR' in 'AR-15' means 'assault rifle'". FALSE

"The AR-15 sprays 'bullets' all over the place." FALSE

"You can go through a 'clip' in seconds with an AR-15". FALSE

"Clip." IGNORANT

"Bullets". IGNORANT

"Just shoot them in the leg." IGNORANT

Last edited by Three Wolves In Snow; 06-03-2022 at 08:19 AM..

Old 06-03-2022, 08:12 AM

29,509 posts, read 14,668,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
So what is an AR 15 used for. Sorry, I honestly don't know.
Why ask that about that specific name of rifle ? Why aren't you asking what a semi auto rifle is used for ? That would be the correct question.

Why do some people use a Honda for transportation, while others use a Ford ? Personal preference. They are both vehicles.

An AR is just another semi auto rifle, nothing more.

Old 06-03-2022, 08:14 AM

29,509 posts, read 14,668,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
While I'm quite certain she didn't know it - you can certainly get an AR platform rifle in .50 BMG or .50 BEO.

So, despite her best efforts, she's actually sorta right?
Come on man, you know damn well she stated that to make it sensationalize it more. The standard AR is a 5.56/.223 , I'm sure you know that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies