Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2022, 06:54 AM

5,986 posts, read 2,240,225 times

Advertisements

So Peter Navvaro is mad because he was held to the same standard as any of us?
I bet non of us could ignore a subpoena and get away with it.

All I am saying is if my neighbor, myself, or anyone I work with could not ignore a Supeona then why would I expect this guy to be able to do it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2022, 07:12 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suesbal View Post
Summer is near.
Gonna be a hot one for a lot of folks from what it looks like now, and that doesn't even include global warming.

Old 06-08-2022, 04:53 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,984,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Republicans get indicted if they spit on the sidewalk. Democrats get acquitted and go free for lying and trying to undermine and sabotage a presidency.

The two-tiered justice system in this country is a joke, as are those that deny it exists.
The scary part of it is that these are the type of thing that brings on revolutions.

Old 06-08-2022, 04:59 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,984,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
So Peter Navvaro is mad because he was held to the same standard as any of us?
I bet non of us could ignore a subpoena and get away with it.

All I am saying is if my neighbor, myself, or anyone I work with could not ignore a Supeona then why would I expect this guy to be able to do it?
He's saying he has executive privilege. The same excuse Holder used during Fast and Furious. You know, Holder that was NOT arrested. Was NOT put in leg shackles. Was NOT humiliated in public. Was NOT put in jail.

Navarro and Holder are not held to the same standard as us on this, with good reason. The president should be able to speak freely with his confidants without being forced to divulge what is said.

Folks are mad because Navarro was held to a different standard as someone on the left.

Old 06-08-2022, 05:09 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,395,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
He's saying he has executive privilege. The same excuse Holder used during Fast and Furious. You know, Holder that was NOT arrested. Was NOT put in leg shackles. Was NOT humiliated in public. Was NOT put in jail.

Navarro and Holder are not held to the same standard as us on this, with good reason. The president should be able to speak freely with his confidants without being forced to divulge what is said.

Folks are mad because Navarro was held to a different standard as someone on the left.
Aside from political party in the WH, what else is different between the Holder/Navarro scenarios?

Old 06-08-2022, 05:09 AM

8,419 posts, read 4,580,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
No, trumpers don't care.

Lots of other people care.

I doubt there will be any satisfaction, but at least they are trying.

Ultimately, I don't care if anyone is convicted or goes to jail, I care about Trump not becoming President again. Not because of his policies, but specifically because of him. I also care about Biden not becoming President again, but both because of his policies, and because of him.

If his policies make life better for your average citizen, why are you holding a grudge? It's just silly to be put that much weight on his personality.

Old 06-08-2022, 05:16 AM

8,419 posts, read 4,580,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
No question about it. They apparently think the judges should be some sort of political vigilante arm for whichever party’s member appointed them. That’s not how anything works.

It works that way when the shoe is on the other foot.

Old 06-08-2022, 07:27 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,935,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
At least you admit it

Old 06-08-2022, 08:50 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Trump appointed judges have ruled against him several time, because of the law, not their feelings.

Old 06-08-2022, 12:18 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,224,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Bingo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies