Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2023, 08:55 AM

57,268 posts, read 26,199,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
The scary part of it is that these are the type of thing that brings on revolutions.
Start a revolution because some MAGA head ignored a subpoena?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2024, 11:58 AM

13,248 posts, read 7,308,440 times
Peter Navarro reports to federal prison to begin serving 4-month sentence. Mini vacation food won't be as good.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/peter-n...-john-roberts/

Old 03-19-2024, 04:17 PM

37,169 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Peter Navarro reports to federal prison to begin serving 4-month sentence. Mini vacation food won't be as good.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/peter-n...-john-roberts/
I don’t understand how any lawyer would want to be anywhere within a mile of Trump. Navarro joins Powell, Chesebro, Giuliani, Wood, Ellis, Eastman, and Meadows in legal difficulties as a direct result of their association with him, and I’m sure I missed a few. You’d think with their training in the law they would know better than most how to stay out of trouble.

I also heard two of Navarro’s former clients are in the same facility with him. Old home week.

Old 03-19-2024, 05:10 PM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I don’t understand how any lawyer would want to be anywhere within a mile of Trump. Navarro joins Powell, Chesebro, Giuliani, Wood, Ellis, Eastman, and Meadows in legal difficulties as a direct result of their association with him, and I’m sure I missed a few. You’d think with their training in the law they would know better than most how to stay out of trouble.

I also heard two of Navarro’s former clients are in the same facility with him. Old home week.
Crazy, isn't it?

Presumably, one studies the law because one believes in it, believe it is worth pursuing, worth spending your one and precious life on.

So why sell it so cheap, and over Trump?

I remember reading on this very forum that Sidney Powell was a well-respected attorney, with major clients and cases. Imagine my surprise as I listened to her carry on about total nonsense. Don't need a PhD to know that woman has slipped a cog. Was she always like this?

Was Guilliani always like this?

Why is Peter Navarro refusing to respond to a congressional subpoena to tell what he knows about what went on with Jan. 6?

Why have others refused to respond to similar congressional subpoenas? What's going on here? Or, more to the point, what went on here?

In less than a year, there will be another inauguration. What if the same thing happens again?

And we don't even know how it all happened last time time.

Yikes!

There were slates of phony electors, Proud Boys, and who knows who all. This didn't all just happen because Trump told his followers to show up, and it would be wild, then things got out of hand.

It is sobering to know that Pence saved the republic. Rule of law and consent of the governed was safe.

For the moment.

Navarro refused to respond to a Congressional subpoena to answer questions about what went on Jan 6, and leading up to Jan. 6. Now he's going to jail.

Good.

Old 03-19-2024, 05:36 PM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
This idea that if a President does it, it is not illegal seems a slippery slope, and one we are headed down.

If Nixon had been held accountable for his crimes, instead of being pardoned to live his life out as a statesman of sorts, perhaps Bush would have hesitated to start a war over nonsense and then then there was the torture business, which was clearly against our laws, and our military code of conduct, not to mention the Geneva Convention, perhaps we could have avoided this mess.

But in any case, how in the world could Congress ever look into anything if anyone who didn't want to answer questions claimed immunity and/or executive privilege?

Old 03-19-2024, 06:37 PM

46,278 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
This idea that if a President does it, it is not illegal seems a slippery slope, and one we are headed down.
Yea, imagine if Biden had secret documents in his numerous places, or hey, even our last vp.

Quote:
If Nixon had been held accountable for his crimes, instead of being pardoned to live his life out as a statesman of sorts, perhaps Bush would have hesitated to start a war over nonsense and then then there was the torture business, which was clearly against our laws, and our military code of conduct, not to mention the Geneva Convention, perhaps we could have avoided this mess.
So many endless questions here. And not really sure you even know where you want to go with you above comment.

Quote:
But in any case, how in the world could Congress ever look into anything if anyone who didn't want to answer questions claimed immunity and/or executive privilege?
Ask hunter biden, even though he did answer, who today just went to jail because he did not answer to Congress?

I'll wait, not holding my breath for any answer.

Old 03-19-2024, 07:14 PM

6,820 posts, read 14,032,189 times
So many of Trumps associates have served or will be serving time that I have lost count. Common sense would have think when will they learn but keep lining up for more. Oh well when will fools learn.

Old 03-19-2024, 07:21 PM

23,565 posts, read 12,525,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
So many of Trumps associates have served or will be serving time that I have lost count. Common sense would have think when will they learn but keep lining up for more. Oh well when will fools learn.
Knowing that the left stops at nothing to pursue people because of politics and that the media covers for them, common sense should make people stop and think that there's more to the story than what the media is telling them. (fools will learn when they suddenly become the pursued)

Old 03-19-2024, 07:22 PM

6,573 posts, read 6,738,168 times
Peter got some bad legal advice. It's as Simple as that.

Old 03-19-2024, 08:44 PM

37,169 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post

I certainly forgot Michael Cohen.

Now it looks like Alina Habba May be joining the club.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/alina-hab...142658070.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies