Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2022, 06:10 AM

57,317 posts, read 26,228,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Jan 6 committee teams up with ABC exec to produce "Made for tv" drama, primetime hearings that "Americans must watch!"
The Thursday night public hearings should be very revealing and stunning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2022, 06:22 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,245,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
What makes 'proud boys' far right"?

I was wondering that too. The Left would have us believe they were a bunch of Militant Racists storming around on Trumps orders beating up peaceful antifa protesters and BLM like they were a modern day Nazi Gestapo!

The guys name is, Henry “Enrique” Tarrio. Isn't he of Cuban decent? He isn't the typical White Supremacist they are trying to cast him as. Is there such a thing as a Brown Supremacist?

Anyways he and his fellows are being grilled by the Dems while the likes of BLM and antifa walk. Whatever happened to the leaders of CHAZ/CHOP that took over several blocks of a major US city? That was a real insurrection yet crickets from the Dems?

The 1/6 commission is nothing but Political theater. Heck Pelosi claims she feared for her life that day but since then she has traveled to an active war zone to meet with Zelensky ? I guess she can be brave when it is required?

The Dems are also putting this trial on TV like it is 1946 Nuremberg. They are certainly sending a message.

Old 06-07-2022, 06:28 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
FBI stated:
There was no evidence that Trump or those around him were involved.
That the text messages from the rioters, during that day, showed that Trump wasn't involved.
That those who'd planned on entering the Capitol building had no plans after entering the building.
That only a very small few had plans to do anything.

Why wasn't Epps charged the same as Rhodes, since their actions were similar? Why, exactly, did he and his pals have a get out of jail free card?
The FBI is the end all be all until they find proof they don’t want to hear about the big orange meanie.

Old 06-07-2022, 06:48 AM

27,655 posts, read 16,142,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
If anyone wants the curious background to all of this, I have a few posts in this thread that links to some of the background.

Post 11
Post 12
Post 55
Post 56
Yeah, mighty fishy,.. or convenient

Old 06-07-2022, 06:50 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
He was an FBI informant.
If so, fat lot of good being a stoolie did him, eh?

Old 06-07-2022, 06:55 AM

1,702 posts, read 784,260 times
Looking forward to when the R's get the House back and start conducting Summer 2020 Insurrection Investigations. I want to know the connection of those rioters to all pacs, lobbyists. and politicians involved.

Old 06-07-2022, 06:56 AM

23,563 posts, read 17,237,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
The 3 percenters who were charged with the same crime plead guilty. DOJ has a 95% conviction rate this is no fishing expedition, or grasping at straws. They will be found guilty, or plea guilty.
So did the soviet union.

BLM trial coming soon, they advocated for the death of cops? where is Garland and the storm troopers?

Extreme Right wing groups deserve no support but by no means are they the threat the government claims they are.

Who has burned our cities, killed cops and burned federal buildings with people in it??? not the extreme right.

Who has racked up a war zone murder rate, not the extreme right.

So what makes the feds go after the extreme right and not the extreme left?

Tactic is to present a single case of justice abuse and then take every response as supporting the extreme right. that's how you create an imaginary enemy to use for political gain.

Corrupt government Would not be possible in the presence of a free press.

Old 06-07-2022, 07:04 AM

23,634 posts, read 12,553,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
The Federal Grand Jury seems to disagree as they continue to issue conspiracy charges of sedition.

The Georgia state grand jury could Charge Trump with state crimes. I suspect this is why Trump wanted David Perdue to win so he could get a Pardon from him. https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022...-investigation
Ever hear of a ham sandwich...

Old 06-07-2022, 07:35 AM

25,451 posts, read 9,813,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I would like to think something will come out of all this, but I'm a bit agnostic based on previous events.

Old 06-07-2022, 08:01 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don't think anyone will change their minds about what happened. I'm kind of a little dreading the hearings on Thursday, because there will be things revealed, video and testimony, that we hadn't known before that is even more horrible than we already knew. Close calls that were closer than we knew. Acts of violence against capitol security that were more aggressive than we knew. Capitol police who have PTSD and their ability to continue as a Capitol police has ended. On and on.

But those who are defending this act as a joke, or a very few people who were merely pretending to be Trump followers, or something orchestrated as optics from the left for political purposes, will not change their mind or be open to empathy for those who spent their day battling tooth and nail the traitors that Trump sent in to over throw the government. Thinking he had their backs (why they'd think that I'm not sure, he's the most fickle supporter I've ever seen), and thinking they wouldn't go to prison for doing his bidding. No one who originally thought that on the morning after will change their minds.

As a country, if we want to stay together we'll have to treat this as a married couple who doesn't love each other and wants to stay together in a peaceful and loveless marriage for the good of the kids.

We'll have to just decide not to talk about what happened on 1/6. Just ignore it, and move on toward a not healthy marriage but at least not an ugly violent unforgiving one.

And the same probably for the summer of love. Those thugs who burned and pillaged while righteous protesters were trying to make their voices heard, we'll probably have to just bury that and not talk about it anymore. For the good of the children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies