Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2022, 06:14 AM

63,000 posts, read 29,178,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
That's kind of like CNN building a paid streaming service when nobody was watching their free channel.

American citizens aren't trying to illegally immigrate from the US to Canada. It would be building a wall for nobody.

I wish more people WOULD leave, but they don't. They just keep coming in.

Thats why it sounds so utterly ridiculous to me every time someone tries to tell me how bad this country is.
I don't know what that poster's agenda is but I'm suspect every time they come in here with a vowel at the end of their forum name and they start trashing the U.S., conservatives and Trump supporters with juvenile name calling. They immediately go on my ignore list. That's not civil debate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2022, 10:00 AM

15,423 posts, read 9,096,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Utter nonsense! It is Biden (a Democrat) that is allowing all of these illegals into our country. Is he doing so so that the Republicans can have their cheap labor? Why would he do that? We don't need a 100 ft. wall we just need the balance of Trump's border wall completed . Why isn't Biden doing that to keep these cheap, illegal workers out so that according to your claim they won't benefit Republican business owners? I have news for you it is Biden and the Democrats that want open borders not only for their own cheap labor but to create a new voter bloc for themselves! Crushed your theory, didn't I!
Well first to answer the question of why. Because there is already a severe labor shortage in this country. No businesses can get the amount of workers they need. If the supply of undocumented workers was cut off the economy would completely collapse in a matter of weeks or a few months.

Second even if the Trump Wall was completed, it would cost twice as much as has already been spent on it, and it still would accomplish nothing. Even Trump's campaign promise was for only 1,000 miles of wall. Which would still leave 900 miles of open border. And that 900 miles will never be blocked due to the above reason. Biden saved taxpayers 50% of the cost of a totally pointless wall.

Old 06-09-2022, 12:03 PM

18,478 posts, read 31,656,752 times
I dont think mexico even has a welfare program, the last time i was there, I rewmember the tour guide telling us, they dont have it, there is plenty of work for everyone.

no wonder they come here, free everything, and im here in the office 40 hours a week, and tehy take out medical from me also.

Old 06-09-2022, 12:46 PM

13,652 posts, read 20,788,575 times
Mexican President will demand US open borders

Demand something that already exists?

Old 06-09-2022, 12:47 PM

6,995 posts, read 2,715,106 times
Send them back to Spain to reunite with the people that mated with their ancestors.

Old 06-09-2022, 12:48 PM

30,077 posts, read 18,682,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnomaboidenapolis View Post
https://www.breitbart.com/latin-amer...-open-borders/

The Cartel puppet President of failed narco state Mexico will ask dementia Joe to open the borders to Mexico and the entirety of the Western Hemisphere.

I warned everyone in November 2020 the democrats ultimate dream is to flood the country with 100s of millions (yes hundreds) of "migrants." But all the lefties screamed that's not true at all and just right wing scaremongering
No doubt- Joe will follow his commands.

Joe is not only the worst, weakest president in US history, but one of the most destructive.

Old 06-09-2022, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Well first to answer the question of why. Because there is already a severe labor shortage in this country. No businesses can get the amount of workers they need. If the supply of undocumented workers was cut off the economy would completely collapse in a matter of weeks or a few months.

Second even if the Trump Wall was completed, it would cost twice as much as has already been spent on it, and it still would accomplish nothing. Even Trump's campaign promise was for only 1,000 miles of wall. Which would still leave 900 miles of open border. And that 900 miles will never be blocked due to the above reason. Biden saved taxpayers 50% of the cost of a totally pointless wall.
No, there is not a severe labor shortage for jobs that pay a liveable wage. Even if there were then why hasn't Biden and the Democrats created visas for legal workers to come here? He has no lawful right to allow illegal aliens into our country for any reason as it's a part of his sworn oath to protect the soveirgnty of our borders and the American people! It makes no sense to import foreigners for low paying jobs such as fast food joints, etc. as we have to supplement their low wages with our taxes then.

No such thing as an undocumented worker either they are illegal aliens. No, our economy would not collapse without cheap, illegal workers either. They only benefit the greedy employers while the rest of us get the shaft in so many ways. Many of those low waged jobs should just fold up and die anyway.

Illegal aliens cost us over $100 billion a year and those costs will continue to rise as more and more of them violate our borders without good walls in place to deter 90% of them. Yet you want to cry about the cost of the wall? There is only a need for 1,000 miles of wall as the rest of the border is nearly impassable terrain so fewer would try to breach those areas and fewer would succeed.

Don't make me laugh! Biden wasted all those materials that were already paid for to finish the wall. How is the wall pointless when in the areas they have been built they have been 90% effective in deterring illegal entry (link provided in here many times)?

Either we have immigration laws, soveirgn borders and labor laws or we don't! We have them and they must be enforced and respected especially by the president of the U.S.!

Old 06-09-2022, 02:24 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,672,854 times
MS14 gangs and drug cartels are hunkered into 48 states already. We have open borders now but soon US taxpayers will be paying for Mexican citizens.

Old 06-09-2022, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
MS14 gangs and drug cartels are hunkered into 48 states already. We have open borders now but soon US taxpayers will be paying for Mexican citizens.
We are already paying over $100 billion a year for Mexicans and other illegals here.

Old 06-09-2022, 06:24 PM

15,423 posts, read 9,096,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No, there is not a severe labor shortage for jobs that pay a liveable wage. Even if there were then why hasn't Biden and the Democrats created visas for legal workers to come here?
That doesn't conflict with anything I said. It goes back to what I said that the border will never never never be closed, because the Republican owned corporations will always demand that there be holes in it so their cheap Mexican labor can get to work. And don't give me any BS that the wages will go up without foreign workers. Even when they can't get enough workers to fill all the positions they still refuse to pay more than minimum wage. They will shut down operations rather than pay more than minimum wage.

As to your question about visas for foreign workers, where have you been? The Democrats have been fighting for that forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies