Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2022, 03:46 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,458,170 times

Advertisements

The two sides to every story is already in full view.
Side one was planted as early as 2016 when the then Repub candidate Trump insinuated if he lost ..it was due to fraud.
When he won , he flippantly said: oh guess it was above board. He created and propelled that seed yet again during his second bid. Figured well it worked and won him the first time...maybe he'd try it again. Only with this team of shysters and power Hungary players he knew if he lost, the LIES would save his perceived good name.
He plotted, collaborated and publically pummelled his supporters with egregious claims of fraud, election counts, voter machines, processes, and even state leaders who chose not to fall in line with his blatant false claim.

The anarchy, the fostering of riling the crowd on Jan 6 was his EPIC moment to bring home his plan to stop the electoral college count being certified . Pence held that duty .

The chaos from his followers were and are in evidence.

The Side you are being privy to listening and viewing via the open public hearing -IS the other side.
So if you somehow are waiting for the other side . Here it is.
In testimony, in video. Via witness, via documents. Sorry if this hearing is more formittable and not egging on violence.

Objective thinking. Refreshing .

Love the little part on ' blanket' pardons.
Learned something new...

Old 06-23-2022, 03:54 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,786,132 times
Ok the people testifying against trump are republican DOJ lawyers with degrees from Harvard ,Yale and Columbia And hard core republican Christian fanatics like Rusty Bowers all saying trump was engaged in fraud and criminal activity

How is trump more credible than these principled republicans?

Old 06-23-2022, 04:01 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,786,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
The news station mentioned just before the live coverage began, that Jeffrey Clark's home was raided by federal agents early this morning, apparently under the aegis of the DOJ. Interesting development.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...d-trump-claims
How do you defend this in court when you had DOJ senior lawyers telling you what you were doing was criminal?

Old 06-23-2022, 04:04 PM

18,102 posts, read 15,676,604 times
Quote:
i think the pressure from 4 years of all that he endured (all the impeachments etc) wore him down.
Respectfully, I don't think that is a good excuse. It's well-known (or should be) the presidency is one of the hardest jobs ever; having someone not only knowledgeable about how to govern, want to govern, and perhaps most especially *emotionally* able to handle that job, is of utmost importance.

He had a tough 4 years? Srsly? He's a tantruming toddler who only cares about himself and his ego.

Someone who is willing to go against the oath they took to uphold, defend, and protect the U.S. Constitution, and will do anything, literally anything at all, to stay in power, despite knowing they lost, is a dismal failure on every level. A tin-pot insecure mentally unfit and unbalanced 'leader' is who pulls this crap.

There is no excuse.

Old 06-23-2022, 04:05 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
I could have wrote what you said too.. i too have been disappointed in him. i think what he did when he was in office was good for the country, but however, i think the pressure from 4 years of all that he endured (all the impeachments etc) wore him down, and on jan 6th he had a bit of a breakdown. (or more than a bit lol). i dont think he will be the same if he won a 2nd term. I also think he is now tainted, and theres a lot of politicians that had to testify and i dont think they are gonna be fans of him or want to work for Trump should Trump win in 2024. I think Trump will not be successful. though if he did win 2024, he will probably be successful in getting things changed as far as the issues that Biden is now having. but i dont think Trump will have the support he once had.
Trump has always been a supreme narcissist
Anything he listened to from pro-fraud was totally what he wanted to hear
The only reason he didn’t continue to appoint Rosen is that Rosen would not have had a DoJ to head
Taking the 5th 150 times shows that Rosen has no truth to bolster his stance
Trump failed in his sworn duty to protect the Constitution for ALL Americans—
A Constitution not just Trumpers, not just himself…

Old 06-23-2022, 04:12 PM

11,792 posts, read 5,798,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
Ok the people testifying against trump are republican DOJ lawyers with degrees from Harvard ,Yale and Columbia And hard core republican Christian fanatics like Rusty Bowers all saying trump was engaged in fraud and criminal activity

How is trump more credible than these principled republicans?
Because they are not principled. They are the far right who never liked Trump and the fact he cared for the American people moreso than the party.

Old 06-23-2022, 04:17 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,216,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
How do you defend this in court when you had DOJ senior lawyers telling you what you were doing was criminal?
No defense. Clarks only option will be to give up the people above him in the Coup. The pardon's that were asked for are going to be used to attack those still running.

More may come out. Brooks wants to talk to the Committee. If he does Trump may run out of the country.

Old 06-23-2022, 04:21 PM

19,219 posts, read 16,701,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Respectfully, I don't think that is a good excuse. It's well-known (or should be) the presidency is one of the hardest jobs ever; having someone not only knowledgeable about how to govern, want to govern, and perhaps most especially *emotionally* able to handle that job, is of utmost importance.

He had a tough 4 years? Srsly? He's a tantruming toddler who only cares about himself and his ego.

Someone who is willing to go against the oath they took to uphold, defend, and protect the U.S. Constitution, and will do anything, literally anything at all, to stay in power, despite knowing they lost, is a dismal failure on every level. A tin-pot insecure mentally unfit and unbalanced 'leader' is who pulls this crap.

There is no excuse.
I haven't read the entire thread but this is, by far, the best description of Trump I've seen and it's spot on accurate.

Not to say that the Democratic Party isn't shady and deceitful. I can't say for certain as it's only my theory but I feel the reason we got Trump in the first place was because voters were sick and tired of politicians on both sides and wanted something different. They certainly got it but not in a good way.

Old 06-23-2022, 04:23 PM

19,219 posts, read 16,701,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Trump has always been a supreme narcissist
Anything he listened to from pro-fraud was totally what he wanted to hear
The only reason he didn’t continue to appoint Rosen is that Rosen would not have had a DoJ to head
Taking the 5th 150 times shows that Rosen has no truth to bolster his stance
Trump failed in his sworn duty to protect the Constitution for ALL Americans—
A Constitution not just Trumpers, not just himself…
Oh wait. Maybe this is the best one I've read. lol

Aw heck, you both nailed it precisely.

Old 06-23-2022, 04:23 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
No defense. Clarks only option will be to give up the people above him in the Coup. The pardon's that were asked for are going to be used to attack those still running.

More may come out. Brooks wants to talk to the Committee. If he does Trump may run out of the country.
Lots of talk, pushing limits seeking answers not a whit of criminality.

Go Fish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies