Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2022, 07:55 PM

37,222 posts, read 19,219,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
OK....so let me get this straight....there was a documentary that was being filmed of the Trump Presidency while all this was happening. So there isn't "tapes" but "film"
There are now two documentaries that were being filmed on 1/6 that we know of. There could still be more to come out.

Old 06-22-2022, 07:55 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,786,132 times
Eastman asking to be on “the pardon list”
False electors asking to be indemnified against civil and criminal complaints.

This is “consciousness of guilt”
It’s going to be almost impossible to argue in court you did nothing wrong when you are asking for a pardon or a lawyer before you have been charged with a crime

Old 06-22-2022, 08:01 PM

37,222 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Yes, there are pictures of people standing on the plywood flooring that did tower over it.

And you said it was 5. I wasn't there personally to measure it, were you?

By the time you stick someone the size of pence in the noose his feet would have been solidly on the plywood flooring, by many feet.

If it were so dangerous, as you're claiming, then why did the cops allow it to remain there?
As I pointed out earlier, the posts and crossbar were at the edge of the platform, so a trap door was not needed. All that was needed was to stick his head in the noose and drop him off the edge of the platform, and get a couple of people to pull his legs if the drop didn't kill him.

That gallows was plenty capable of hanging someone of any height.

Old 06-22-2022, 08:20 PM

26,586 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post

the 3 ways to die in the gallows:

ideally a man of average weight and height would drop down about 6' at which point the sudden force would snap his neck and he'd die instantly. if the drop is too short then there won't be enough momentum and the man will slowly suffocate. if the drop is too long, or the man was too heavy, then too much momentum would be built up and the man's head would be ripped off.

from the design of the gallows at the capitol this would have been suffocation for Pence.

Last edited by wrecking ball; 06-22-2022 at 08:29 PM..

Old 06-22-2022, 08:27 PM

26,586 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
"a couple inches at best"
from where the bottom of the noose is?...if the bottom of the noose is somewhere around belt or chest high on people, and likely at that point with Pence.

if the noose was around Pence's neck his feet would be able to touch the platform but not the ground. being pushed from the platform with the noose around his neck would kill Pence thru suffocation.

Old 06-22-2022, 08:42 PM

23,626 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
As I pointed out earlier, the posts and crossbar were at the edge of the platform, so a trap door was not needed. All that was needed was to stick his head in the noose and drop him off the edge of the platform, and get a couple of people to pull his legs if the drop didn't kill him.

Goodness, y'all really need to consult a carpenter.

As I pointed out earlier, those posts were toenailed in. Not only that, they were toenailed in to a sheet of plywood. It wouldn't have held up and would have quickly toppled over. Besides, it's obvious the capitol cops didn't consider it a threat and since they were there and y'all weren't then they'd know more than you folks do.

Old 06-22-2022, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ2020PP View Post
Or ya know, maybe they had their hands full fighting off a bunch of delusional people trying to break into the capitol.
They were fighting off people on the 5th? Link?

Old 06-22-2022, 08:55 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,593,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
The Electoral College also decided that Trump lost in 2020.

Sounds like you missed the testimony given by all those people in his admin, his daughter Ivanka, his campaign manager, and even his lawyer--who told him that he was wrong in thinking that the election was stolen.
Hi again, i actually saw Ivanka testify there. (she did not look too happy either). Although her image looked like a CGI computer image/avatar. was that the way they photographed her or what?

I think it was last week and this week that i saw all the people tell Trump he was wrong in his assumptions.

Thats what was convincing me moreso that there was a lot going on that was very bad and illegal behind the scenes than i realized.. though i do take these hearings with a grain of salt because i still want to hear these people in another fashion - under oath and cross examining to get a fuller picture.. But this will do for now.

In any case, my opinion does not matter, because its out of my hands. In 2024 people are going to vote for someone. some wont change their minds, some will. as for me, im on the fence, i will see whose running.

Old 06-22-2022, 09:02 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,593,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Hey, sorry it took me a while to respond to this reply to my post. I'm back and forth while running reports for work here and can only check in now and then. Thankfully for me, I am a very fast reader and typist!

Have you read any books that have come out, written by those who at some point were close to Trump in one way or another? I did. I read them in 2020 when all of a sudden my usual social activities came to a halt. Bolton's book is boring as heck, Mary Trump's book reads like the show, Succession, but the one I'm really thinking of is Michael Cohen's book, "Disloyal." Now of course it's reasonable to say that he could be lying about everything, but at this point I think that he's going to lie about some stuff and not other stuff. In other words, he's a weasel who will cover his own backside in whatever way he can until the day he dies, and nowhere near as smart as he ever thought he was... But a lot of it rings very true.

And Trump is and always HAS BEEN a wannabe mob boss kind of dude. Did folks really forget his NYC slum lord roots? All the grifts and cons and schemes he's run on people? Did ya never hear about any of it? But if he is a wannabe mob boss, that's actually part of his appeal to people like Cohen. Who fully admitted romanticizing the actual mafia growing up in NY and panting after a taste of that kind of life.

He's always acted that way. And if anything, while I don't like him, I respect that he's got some intelligence because he is VERY good (usually) at covering himself from liability for things he does. He does not use email, and he gets underlings to do anything that could carry consequences so he's always got someone else to take the fall for him.

Anyways, we'll see how it all winds up. I suspect that this is really the culmination of what the Committee has been doing, they are running out of time to do a whole lot more other than pass on sworn testimony and gathered findings to the DOJ. After this wraps up, it'll be up to DOJ to determine what happens next. And they have until about 2024 to get it done, and if they are going to go for Trump, they'd better act fast because any kind of a trial will not go quickly and will have every possible appeal and attempt to scuttle it that can conceivably be wrangled. Trump is NO stranger to court proceedings. He won't go down without an extended fight.
Hi again, you sound like me - busy with work and typing fast! you sound reasonable which i appreciate. I have not read any books, i dont have the patience to read a book, but i can read better online, but not too much just stuff like this website we are chatting on, facebook, (im a bit lazy for some things); as for what Trump has done historically in his real estate career, haven't read it, i read that he rebuilt the Central Park skating rink for cheaper and quicker than the company NY was using which was a good thing, I read that Trump behind the scenes gave people money who were needy, and doesn't talk about that, i can believe though that he used the real estate laws to his advantage and the tax laws too. I read "The Art of the Deal", watched him on The Apprentice, but thats about it.

I dont trust Biden's DOJ but am happy to hear this is not the be all end all. I fear if Trump gets elected in 2024 we will have a repeat of his 1st term where he got a lot of constant flack from his enemies, and i dont want to go thru that again,, they pounded him so much with all these impeachments which took time and energy away from stuff he could have accomplished. he was good at accomplishing the goals for the american people.

lets hope for the best one day and i hope many things will change come november.

Old 06-22-2022, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ2020PP View Post
Link to what? You said the 5th. Were the gallows not there on the 6th? Link?
Apparently the gallows were not pre-built and moved there, they were built on site on the 5th. Apparently the capitol cops figured that it wasn't a threat and allowed it to remain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies