Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2022, 03:42 PM

23,626 posts, read 12,543,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Sounds juicy. Why don’t you start another thread? I’d love to hear about the specifics and see the evidence.

Thanks for the reminder to stay on topic.
Shrug. It's good that the Dems are opening that door no matter who it is that gets caught in it, right?

Old 06-18-2022, 03:44 PM

565 posts, read 282,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
Most people who love American democracy would say Setting fire to a van or trying to set fire to a school is less of a crime than being involved in an violent attempt to overthrow the government.
Remember people are facing charges of sedition because of Jan 6th
Good succinct response. January 6th was a well-organized coup attempt whipped up by a lying, cheating sore loser, spearheaded by the proud boys, and abetted by "patriots" that don't understand the difference between their feelings and actual facts.

By the way, #45 gave us a preview way back in early 2016 when, with absolutely no evidence, he accused Ted Cruz of cheating in the Iowa caucuses and called for another vote or a nullification of Cruz's win.

“Ted Cruz didn’t win Iowa, he stole it,”

https://www.reuters.com/article/usa-...-idINL2N15I1HF

Old 06-18-2022, 03:46 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,638,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Using the law to arrest criminals. Why would anyone protect the criminals?
Why would you condemn people without due process??? Thats vigilante justice. Not the type of country I want to live in. I believe... innocent, till proven guilty, IN A COURT OF LAW.

Sorry, but we don’t live in the 1800s, wild, wild west anymore.

Old 06-18-2022, 03:51 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,096,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
. . . you're good with the next ex-president in the hot seat being Obama?
His ties to BLM.
Using alphabet agencies against Trump.
His ties to a Resist Trump movement, OFA.
His shadow government etc.

Done in the attempts to unseat a duly elected president.

Maybe it's good that they are working so hard to find something, anything, to go after Trump over. Whether they "get him" or not, they're definitely opening the door to go after "mob leader" Obama too. Unintended consequences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Sounds juicy. Why don’t you start another thread? I’d love to hear about the specifics and see the evidence.

Thanks for the reminder to stay on topic.
Quote:
Shrug. It's good that the Dems are opening that door no matter who it is that gets caught in it, right?
Okay, so, no Obama crime thread?

Thanks for the cool stories and for the reminder to stay on topic.

Old 06-18-2022, 03:52 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Fan 79 View Post
Good succinct response. January 6th was a well-organized coup attempt whipped up by a lying, cheating sore loser, spearheaded by the proud boys, and abetted by "patriots" that don't understand the difference between their feelings and actual facts.

By the way, #45 gave us a preview way back in early 2016 when, with absolutely no evidence, he accused Ted Cruz of cheating in the Iowa caucuses and called for another vote or a nullification of Cruz's win.

Questioning the elections has never been done in the American history especially by Democrats . You just arrived on a boat or just being disingenuous. Trump plays the same game Democrats played on him and people are shocked.

Democrats are already making the bed on fraud when they lose the midterms. The President and the party are calling voting I.D. laws Jim Crow on steroids and when Democrats like Stacey Abrams loses again will blame racist Republicans and the anti-voting laws. They will question every election they lose.

Old 06-18-2022, 03:59 PM

565 posts, read 282,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Questioning the elections has never been done in the American history especially by Democrats . You just arrived on a boat or just being disingenuous. Trump plays the same game Democrats played on him and people are shocked.

Democrats are already making the bed on fraud when they lose the midterms. The President and the party are calling voting I.D. laws Jim Crow no steroids and when Democrats like Stacey Abrams loses again will blame racist Republicans and the anti-voting laws. They will question every election they lose.
Whataboutism not founded in fact.

Oops, you said the quiet part out loud.

Old 06-18-2022, 04:00 PM

23,626 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
"Well-organized"? "Coup"?

Yes, a small rag-tag group, mainly without weapons, or weapons that were a match to guns, had plans to enter the Capitol building. But didn't have much in the way of plans after that. Though I heard they were planning a short-term sit-in, with munchies and beverages. That's not well-organized or an attempted coup.
Quote:

“Ted Cruz didn’t win Iowa, he stole it,”

And yet, it caused Cruz to apologize to Carson for his campaign lying about Carson dropping out of the race.

Old 06-18-2022, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
I don't believe Garland will charge anyone in congress before the election, if at all. I'll be very surprised if that happens, because DOJ moves so slowly.

not when Republicans will win big in a red wave 5 months and they can easily tie down Garland and the DOJ with hearings after hearings. The last thing Garland wants is answering questions under oath. Look how Mueller turned out when he went under oath.

Old 06-18-2022, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Whataboutism not founded in fact.

Oops, you said the quiet part out loud.

So now is about Whataboutism. Do as We say not what We do. You Dems take comedy too far.

Old 06-18-2022, 04:04 PM

Quote:
"Well-organized"? "Coup"?

Yes, a small rag-tag group, mainly without weapons, or weapons that were a match to guns, had plans to enter the Capitol building. But didn't have much in the way of plans after that. Though I heard they were planning a short-term sit-in, with munchies and beverages. That's not well-organized or an attempted coup.

I never heard a coup to overthrow a government without weapons especially a nuclear super power. These are the idiots running the country and people ask why is it in the toilet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies