Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2022, 03:41 PM

13,471 posts, read 4,304,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Hayes is actually right leaning and has appeared on Bret Bair as a regular contributor, he and others resigned over Tucker Carlson's alternate history of the Jan 6 riots. Anyone that factually criticizes Trump is a Trump hater.

So why hasn't Bannon, Eastman, Giuliani or others appeared to tell the "other side" what ever that might be.

You know perfectly well that when Trump incited a riot on Jan 6 he absolutely knew the elections wasn't stolen. But he found the right lawyers to claim they had a plan to keep him in office, not exactly a group on Mensa's and that is why they are seeking pardons.

Please educate us on what the "other side", details? There was massive fraud, Pence could blow up the election?

Hayes in a neo con war monger responsible for many deaths.. You opinions are meaningless. If you believe Trump broke any laws, prosecute him but I find it funny that the people that push the WMDs and that We must go to war because Iraq is tied with Al Qaeda still has a job in the media speaking about anything and people like you that take their political opinion as gold.

I guess these neo cons of the war are trying to get back in mainstream and they think they can do it with TDS and Democrats. The comedy.

Old 06-19-2022, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
Forget about Hayes....the point is that this Panel could be headed by the National Inquirer and it wouldn't matter because when people hear Trump administration officials i.e. Trump's inner circle...in their own words...under oath....combined with realtime audio and video of the attacks....it does not matter who is conducting the panel. These are not anonymous sources confiding in the MSM...these are actual people that were witnesses to that day testifying under oath. And not one of them has come out and said that their testimony has been taken out of context.

I've stated this before...about 1/3 of the voting public are pro-Trump and will believe in the Big Lie no matter what evidence is presented....1/3 of the voting public hates Trump with every cell in their body...and you have about 1/3 of the voting public that is emotionally detached from either camp and are more concerned about everyday issues in their lives....i.e. inflation, the economy, the war etc. There is a big chunk of the American people that are hearing about this for the first time...and this testimony is coming directly from Trumps own people. We can all wish this goes one way or the other....but that right there is a really big wildcard. We will know soon enough how this plays out. My own personal view is that Trump is Out..DeSantis is In.

Brit Hume on Fox news

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1536473014983921664
Let the base decide. If they want to beat Trump, then beat him by running themselves or jump on the bandwagon for their flavor of the month. For a man that can't win, Democrats and anti-Trumps act the opposite. I remember in 2016 the same "experts" said that Trump can't win the GOP primary and then when that went wrong, they doubled down that he couldn't win the general. Then that didn't work, then the Russian hoax, then 2 impeachments, then ban him from social media and then the Kangaroo court but he can't win . It seems whatever the plan, it 's the opposite. Biden and Kamala aren't helping matters either.

Old 06-19-2022, 03:53 PM

23,648 posts, read 12,569,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
You mean the Grand jury who upgraded the charges to seditious conspiracy that panel?

Your filing by his defense attorney is a motion to re-hear his detention without bail. He lost the hearing once based on the old charges to get bail. Why do you think he will suddenly win his hearing again on the new charges. As I keep stating conspiracy has nothing to do with the physical actions of Zachary Rehl.

Federal Department of Justice has a 95% conviction rate they don't lose.
You mean the Grand jury that the DoJ apparently hid evidence from, which was apparently quite favorable to Rehl?

That filing is not solely about the detention.

If you'd read it then you'd would have seen those things.

Old 06-19-2022, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
There are 4 charges against Trump.
1.)Obstruction of an official proceeding of congress, 2.)Conspiracy to defraud the United States, 3.)Seditious Conspiracy, and 4.)Wire Fraud

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...1LQZAKPI4vCSE7
And?
The person I'd posted about is about a particular protester and not Trump.

Old 06-19-2022, 04:12 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,661,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
And?
The person I'd posted about is about a particular protester and not Trump.
Point taken...many here constantly ask what crimes Trump committed and deny any crimes...when 4 major ones were committed by Trump with increasing evidence surfacing everyday...

Last edited by Fisherman99; 06-19-2022 at 04:22 PM..

Old 06-19-2022, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Point taken...many here constantly ask what crimes Trump committed and deny any crimes...when 4 major ones were committed by Trump with increasing evidence surfacing everyday...

The Guardian? Can't wait if they have the balls to bring this and lose badly in court.

Old 06-19-2022, 05:11 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Again you don't understand federal law. The evidence is clear they discussed the planning of the attack prior to the attack that is conspiracy. These laws were created so criminal gang leaders who never participate in the actual crime physically can be found guilty. These guys are no different then criminal gang leaders.

Exactly.

There are texts, emails, recordings, sworn testimony, ... there's even a video of Rep. Loudermilk giving insurrectionists a tour of the Capitol tunnels, security, etc.

Old 06-19-2022, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Exactly.

There are texts, emails, recordings, sworn testimony, ... there's even a video of Rep. Loudermilk giving insurrectionists a tour of the Capitol tunnels, security, etc.
Exactly what? Since that poster was commenting on my post about Rehl, perhaps you can provide these texts, emails, recordings, sworn testimony, etc that has to do with him? Perhaps the DoJ would like to speak with you about them, since they seem to have little to nothing on that person, which is why they're probably slow walking his trial.

Old 06-19-2022, 05:21 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,099,534 times
McCarthy withdrew all his appointees to the committee after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) rejected two of his five nominees. She refused to seat Reps. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) and Jim Banks (R-Ind.) because they actively spread disinformation about 2020 — and because Jordan was closely involved in Trump’s efforts to challenge the election.

. . .

It’s often forgotten that Pelosi approved McCarthy’s other GOP picks: Reps. Rodney Davis of Illinois, Kelly Armstrong of North Dakota and Troy Nehls of Texas. None of them could be characterized as liberals, and Nehls had joined Banks and Jordan in objecting to the certification of the 2020 election.
McCarthy thought that by walking away entirely, he would be able to discredit the work of the committee as “partisan.”

Op Ed

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...gs-worthwhile/

Old 06-19-2022, 05:36 PM

57,321 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Hayes in a neo con war monger responsible for many deaths.. You opinions are meaningless. If you believe Trump broke any laws, prosecute him but I find it funny that the people that push the WMDs and that We must go to war because Iraq is tied with Al Qaeda still has a job in the media speaking about anything and people like you that take their political opinion as gold.

I guess these neo cons of the war are trying to get back in mainstream and they think they can do it with TDS and Democrats. The comedy.
You keep deflecting rather than addressing the points in the article. Iraq, Al Qaeda, how about those gas prices.

The people being interviews are all republicans from inside the administration, so let me ask you for the third time, what is the other side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies