Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2022, 01:49 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,787,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
Well Pence is still alive and never saw a rope, so I think it's safe to assume their chanting wasn't a serious threat to Pence. People chant things during a riot in the heat of the moment but never act on it.

Next....??
The secret service showed up at actress and comedian Kathy griffin hoes for a photograph of her holding trumps
Head, Jan 6th seemed more of a threat to pence

https://media2.westword.com/den/imag...?cb=1642614817

Old 06-23-2022, 01:53 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,091,368 times
Thanks to what the 1/6 Committee had uncovered, Federal agents are busy lately.

Multiple search warrants and subpoenas for Trump election officials and Republican state officials in three separate states

A trump campaign official attended a GOP strategy meeting to discuss sending fake electors. Not good

Old 06-23-2022, 02:32 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,099,534 times
Default Jeffrey Clark's home searched today by federal investigators

Justice Department raids home of former DOJ official at center of Jan. 6 panel’s investigation

https://www.latimes.com/politics/sto...-investigation

Old 06-23-2022, 02:52 PM

1,483 posts, read 685,429 times
So the Italians were zappin' signals to remotely change votes, huh?

I will say... as stoopid and whacked as that side is... they sure are a bit imaginative... I don't think I would have come up with that one... then again, I'm not nutty enough.

Old 06-23-2022, 03:01 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,091,368 times
FBI agents executed a predawn search warrant of former Trump DOJ official Jeffrey Clark's residence.

Federal agents confiscated multiple cell phones and laptops

Old 06-23-2022, 03:02 PM

9,467 posts, read 5,237,391 times
The totality of what I've heard so far is really quite troubling and just bolsters my decision that I would never vote for Trump again. And I voted for him twice.
It is incredibly unfortunate that he could not tack to the middle a bit and just stop the street fighting with these folks - not that I don't understand it. He probably would have won again. But I did say that the change agent isn't the 'same old guy,' and it is true that Trump was not the same ole' same ole and many of his policies were very good for America.
The left will stop at nothing when their power is on the line. Best remember that - even in day to day life living among them. :/

Old 06-23-2022, 03:16 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,600,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
The totality of what I've heard so far is really quite troubling and just bolsters my decision that I would never vote for Trump again. And I voted for him twice.
It is incredibly unfortunate that he could not tack to the middle a bit and just stop the street fighting with these folks - not that I don't understand it. He probably would have won again. But I did say that the change agent isn't the 'same old guy,' and it is true that Trump was not the same ole' same ole and many of his policies were very good for America.
The left will stop at nothing when their power is on the line. Best remember that - even in day to day life living among them. :/
I could have wrote what you said too.. i too have been disappointed in him. i think what he did when he was in office was good for the country, but however, i think the pressure from 4 years of all that he endured (all the impeachments etc) wore him down, and on jan 6th he had a bit of a breakdown. (or more than a bit lol). i dont think he will be the same if he won a 2nd term. I also think he is now tainted, and theres a lot of politicians that had to testify and i dont think they are gonna be fans of him or want to work for Trump should Trump win in 2024. I think Trump will not be successful. though if he did win 2024, he will probably be successful in getting things changed as far as the issues that Biden is now having. but i dont think Trump will have the support he once had.

Old 06-23-2022, 03:27 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,797,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
I'm going to watch later - thank you so that i can see their facial expressions.
Interesting this is that they have appeared to cut away for the closing statements. I have a News Mix channel that shows six channels simultaneously and Fox is the only channel that was showing the hearing that isn't showing the final statements.

Old 06-23-2022, 03:30 PM

30,651 posts, read 18,255,332 times
Already getting poor ratings, today's (and tomorrow's) Supreme Court decisions will ensure that the circus of a committee is officially relegated to the ashbin of the news cycle and people's attention.

Old 06-23-2022, 03:40 PM

19,222 posts, read 16,714,281 times
Very disturbing statements today on Trump's attempt to get his way. I remember a journalist speaking in early 2019 about the impending election and if (just if) Trump lost, he wouldn't leave the WH peacefully. I didn't think that would happen but it sure looks like he tried his hardest to make it happen. I'm not really surprised by it, though. Trump has been like this for over 50 years. Some here are too young to remember what he was like in the early 70's but he hasn't changed. I didn't vote for him either time but I also didn't vote for Clinton or Biden. I ended up writing in my choice. It's beginning to look like I may have to do the same in 2024 unless we get someone who isn't a nutjob on the ballot
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies