Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2022, 07:29 AM

37,203 posts, read 19,200,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
To your second point about Pelosi being in charge of security--debunked several times on this thread, over and over. She was not in charge of calling out the National Guard. You may want to also read Christopher Miller's official correspondence on who exactly could call them out. You may also want to read valid reporting on the matter about Pelosi. Stay away from Gateway Pundit.
Are you referring to this letter from Christopher Miller, written two days before the insurrection? This has been changed now so that the Capitol Police can request aid from them directly in an emergency.
Attached Thumbnails
January 6 News-miler-letter-national-guard.jpg  

Old 07-02-2022, 07:32 AM

Quote:
So it's okay that these people break the laws in DC because they didn't shoot anyone?
That's the second time we've seen that in the last couple of pages. It's becoming a theme.

Old 07-02-2022, 07:32 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
Is that why the only gunshot that day was the single round deliberately fired by a police officer at very close range that killed a small, empty-handed, and unarmed female Trump supporter?
You forgot to mention the part about her climbing through a window in the door leading to the house chamber.

Old 07-02-2022, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
You forgot to mention the part about her climbing through a window in the door leading to the house chamber.
The world saw it as suicide by cop.

Old 07-02-2022, 07:36 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
About the only thing Pelosi (a notorious Trump Russia Collusion Hoaxster) could have done in a more partisan fashion than hand-picking each member of her select committee was to ensure one of them was Adam Schiff.

And the Left wonders why normal folks are snickering at the entire theatrical production.
Why did McCarthy stupidly pull his people from the committee? Shot himself in the foot with that maneuver. You can't complain about no Republican participation if they refused to participate.

Old 07-02-2022, 07:48 AM

1,281 posts, read 1,420,374 times
Quote:
I agree--at that point in time.

However, given the testimony and timeline of the guys in the trees with weapons and also walking down Constitution Avenue--this was before and during Trump's speech on the ellipse before all the Capitol violence started. Yes, they had their hands full but at the time, police had eyes on these people and were reporting it. I think at least ONE of them could have been apprehended or they could have been forced down.

I think if I tried to go down to that area today and just innocently climb up in the tree and sit, I'd be approached for sure.
For what it’s worth, more than 800 people have been arrested for various violations from the demonstration. I don’t know what all the charges are, but I imagine more than a few are for weapons violations. I agree that people with guns in the audience should have been apprehended on sight that probably would not have changed anything at the Capitol.

Old 07-02-2022, 07:52 AM

1,281 posts, read 1,420,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Why did McCarthy stupidly pull his people from the committee? Shot himself in the foot with that maneuver. You can't complain about no Republican participation if they refused to participate.
This. All the criticism of this being an unbalanced committee is hypocritical. If Republicans don’t want to participate in the processes of governing, they can’t attack Democrats for doing it for them. Investigating this whole fiasco is crucially important and Republicans had their chance to take part. Just imagine if things were reversed—would McCarthy allow someone on an investigatory commission who was more than likely going to be a target of investigation? Of course not. I would have like to see a larger committee with more Republicans on it, but McCarthy screwed that up for all of us.

Old 07-02-2022, 07:56 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,768,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
That wouldn't prevent him from running, nor being elected, nor sworn in.

There's nothing in the Constitution that prevents anyone who has been convicted of a crime from running for, being elected, nor being sworn in as President.

The only opportunity to permanently prevent Trump would have been if he had been convicted in an impeachment trial. They then could have taken the optional second vote to prevent him from holding federal office again.

A conviction (2022+) might prompt him to decide not to run, but it wouldn't prevent him from running.
Hard to run if you are inside prison at the time. Possible I guess.

While I would prefer Trump to be out of the picture in order to ensure he does not screw up a Republican win, I only want him charged if there is something he did that was truly illegal. So far nothing even close has been brought up.

That said, we don't put former Presidents in jail. People thinking this is going to happen are simply delusional.

Old 07-02-2022, 07:57 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,768,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
When did the SUV story become proven to be false? And by whom?
She testified Trump was in "the beast". He wasn't in "the beast". He was in another vehicle. She lied.

Old 07-02-2022, 07:59 AM

2,911 posts, read 1,359,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Alex Holder was hired help, to film a legacy documentary for Trump. He is British and had no dog in this fight , and was given access that made him a witness to a lot of things. He testified behind closed doors the day of the fifth hearing.

His statement below.
saw him do a interview, he says Trump is unhinged, and not in the same reality. He says Trump really does believe he won despite all the evidence otherwise.
Holder has been taken in by a practiced liar. The really good ones, and Trump is one of the best, fool almost everybody around them. Trump's skill has been on display for decades, but there are always more willing victims for Trump's cons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies