Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2022, 08:01 AM

1,281 posts, read 1,420,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
She testified Trump was in "the beast". He wasn't in "the beast". He was in another vehicle. She lied.
She referred to the vehicle in which the President was riding as “the Beast.” She may not have personally known one way or the other, but it doesn’t matter in the least. Her testimony was recounting something someone else told her, in the presence of someone who was there and who did not push back. I also think it’s entirely likely that many people used “the Beast” as shorthand to mean whatever secure vehicle the President is in.

Old 07-02-2022, 08:02 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,418,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Why did McCarthy stupidly pull his people from the committee? Shot himself in the foot with that maneuver. You can't complain about no Republican participation if they refused to participate.
This is the same Kevin McCarthy who was heard on an audio tape condemning Trump for the riot days after the event. Then he quickly learned that his voters still bought The Lie and immediately turned from a Trump critic to his biggest endorser. And people still can't see the issue with this? They are simply not being fair or rational.

Old 07-02-2022, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Hard to run if you are inside prison at the time. Possible I guess.

While I would prefer Trump to be out of the picture in order to ensure he does not screw up a Republican win, I only want him charged if there is something he did that was truly illegal. So far nothing even close has been brought up.

That said, we don't put former Presidents in jail. People thinking this is going to happen are simply delusional.
We have never put a former President in jail, sure, but we have never had one who committed sedition and attempted to interrupt the peaceful transition of power. That is literally unprecedented in the entire history of this country so we are in uncharted territory.

That said, I don’t care if he actually gets imprisoned or not. He should be indicted and prosecuted and this process will take years. He likely would not live to see the end of it.

Old 07-02-2022, 08:07 AM

2,911 posts, read 1,360,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The last minute hearing was added so that this fiction would dominate the news cycle unchallenged while Nancy eats high-dollar ice cream and dreams up new ways to betray her oath.
The latest hearing came about because Cassidy Hutchinson walked away from these people:

Quote:
In closing remarks, Cheney expressed concern that some witnesses may have been given messages intended to influence their testimony. She said a witness, whom she did not name, told the committee they had received multiple such messages prior to giving testimony to the committee: "What they said to me is, as long as I continue to be a team player, they know that I'm on the team, I'm doing the right thing, I'm protecting who I need to protect, you know, I'll continue to stay in good graces in Trump world." She quoted another unnamed witness being told that "he is thinking about you", that "he knows you're loyal" and "will do the right thing."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...arings#Summary

She is a brave woman.

Old 07-02-2022, 08:08 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,769,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderling View Post
She referred to the vehicle in which the President was riding as “the Beast.” She may not have personally known one way or the other, but it doesn’t matter in the least. Her testimony was recounting something someone else told her, in the presence of someone who was there and who did not push back. I also think it’s entirely likely that many people used “the Beast” as shorthand to mean whatever secure vehicle the President is in.
If she lied or misunderstood what vehicle he was in, it shows she may have lied about or misunderstood other important information.

Old 07-02-2022, 08:11 AM

Quote:
If she lied or misunderstood what vehicle he was in, it shows she may have lied about or misunderstood other important information.
No it doesn’t. She recounted what she heard, she did not make any representations that she had first-hand knowledge of the incident. In all of her testimony she was very clear to explain what she knew vs. what she knew to be true.

Old 07-02-2022, 08:12 AM

Quote:
We have never put a former President in jail, sure, but we have never had one who committed sedition and attempted to interrupt the peaceful transition of power. That is literally unprecedented in the entire history of this country so we are in uncharted territory.

That said, I don’t care if he actually gets imprisoned or not. He should be indicted and prosecuted and this process will take years. He likely would not live to see the end of it.
Ummmm......While not President because she lost fair and square, we had Hillary who claimed from the moment she lost fair and square until today that she is the President of the United States because Trump is a Russian Agent who rigged the election. Hillary has told people the system is not to be trusted and has encouraged people to take action against the government.

Old 07-02-2022, 08:13 AM

Quote:
No it doesn’t. She recounted what she heard, she did not make any representations that she had first-hand knowledge of the incident. In all of her testimony she was very clear to explain what she knew vs. what she knew to be true.
Well I heard Joe Biden jerked off in front of a bunch of school children at a bus stop. I sound as trustworthy as her now.

Old 07-02-2022, 08:16 AM

37,212 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
All you have to do is watch the hearings or read the transcript and you'd know what she actually said.

"CASSIDY HUTCHINSON: When I returned to the White House, I walked upstairs towards the chief of staff's office, and I noticed Mr. Ornato lingering outside of the office. Once we had made eye contact, he quickly waved me to go into his office, which was just across the hall from mine. When I went in, he shut the door, and I noticed Bobby Engel, who was the head of Mr. Trump's security detail, sitting in a chair, just looking somewhat discombobulated and a little lost.

I looked at Tony and he had said, did you f'ing hear what happened in the beast? I said, no, Tony, I — I just got back. What happened? Tony proceeded to tell me that when the president got in the beast, he was under the impression from Mr. Meadows that the off the record movement to the Capitol was still possible and likely to happen, but that Bobby had more information.

So, once the president had gotten into the vehicle with Bobby, he thought that they were going up to the Capitol. And when Bobby had relayed to him we're not, we don't have the assets to do it, it's not secure, we're going back to the West Wing, the president had a very strong, a very angry response to that.

Tony described him as being irate. The president said something to the effect of I'm the f'ing president, take me up to the Capitol now, to which Bobby responded, sir, we have to go back to the West Wing. The president reached up towards the front of the vehicle to grab at the steering wheel. Mr. Engel grabbed his arm, said, sir, you need to take your hand off the steering wheel.

We're going back to the West Wing. We're not going to the Capitol. Mr. Trump then used his free hand to lunge towards Bobby Engel. And Mr. — when Mr. Ornato had recounted this story to me, he had motioned towards his clavicles.

LIZ CHENEY: And was Mr. Engel in the room as Mr. Ornato told you this story?

CASSIDY HUTCHINSON: He was.

LIZ CHENEY: Did Mr. Engel correct or disagree with any part of this story from Mr. Ornato?

CASSIDY HUTCHINSON: Mr. Engel did not correct or disagree with any part of the story."

https://www.npr.org/2022/06/28/11083...ing-transcript

Old 07-02-2022, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Ummmm......While not President because she lost fair and square, we had Hillary who claimed from the moment she lost fair and square until today that she is the President of the United States because Trump is a Russian Agent who rigged the election. Hillary has told people the system is not to be trusted and has encouraged people to take action against the government.
Yet she conceded in good grace when the time came. She believes in our system of government and does not want to destroy it. She did not continue to insist to anyone who would listen that the entire election was stolen and people should rise up in defiance. She did not hold a rally in DC on the day the election was certified to encourage people to “take back the country” by fighting. Did she?

Quote:
Well I heard Joe Biden jerked off in front of a bunch of school children at a bus stop. I sound as trustworthy as her now.
Would you be willing to attest to this under oath in front of a Congressional commission?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies