Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2022, 02:53 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,466,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
This isn't suspicious at all

The Secret Service has been compromised.

Secret Service provided just one text message after request for month’s worth
That entire organization needs to be fired.

Old 07-20-2022, 02:58 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,720,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
But bundling votes was A-Ok, right?
There was no fraud in the 2020 election. That has been the consistent conclusion of every official who has looked at results in the contested states. Every single one.

Old 07-20-2022, 03:16 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
But bundling votes was A-Ok, right?
Never happened. If you think so, prove it.

And try to stay on topic every now and again, how about?

Old 07-20-2022, 03:47 PM

7,644 posts, read 8,716,940 times
@57:45 of this video

Press Conference: Patrick Byrne on stating the facts on meetings between Nov 4 2020 - Jan 8 2021

"Trump and everybody who was on the inside understood, what happened on January 6 destroyed the only chance he had."

addendum: the link has been fixed.

Last edited by snowmountains; 07-20-2022 at 04:25 PM..

Old 07-20-2022, 04:05 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,731,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
@57:45 of this video

Press Conference: Patrick Byrne on stating the facts on meetings between Nov 4 2020 - Jan 8 2021

"Trump and everybody who was on the inside understood, what happened on January 6 destroyed the only chance he had."
No link

Old 07-20-2022, 05:42 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,931,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
Looking at the Republican witnesses and committee members

The litmus test for a Republican used to be
Small government
Family/ Christian values
Strong military
Pro capitalism/business

Cheney supported these ideas
Krinzinger is a patriot with military service as a Air Force pilot
Rusty bower is a right wing Christian fundamentalist

In the modern GOP all that matters is you support Trump’s lies about the election
Essentially agree although uncertain it matters if ‘one supports Mr. Trump’s lies about the election’ or lies in general? For some, all that matters is that ‘he gets away with it’. & it does not matter what it is.

Mr. Trump knew that, & encouraged the mind numbing fanaticism from day one.

Quote:
”I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose voters.”

Old 07-20-2022, 05:52 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,461,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post

ooof!!!

i'm at the 10minute mark and beyond ready to tap out. the man just rambles on and on. it could legitimately be a SNL skit of "The Man That Couldn't Get To The Point".

Old 07-20-2022, 06:14 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,461,486 times
got thru 30min of patrick byrne. boils down to "we had theories, but not evidence"

Old 07-20-2022, 06:40 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,731,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
got thru 30min of patrick byrne. boils down to "we had theories, but not evidence"
It's a reoccurring theme

https://nypost.com/2022/06/21/trump-...mmittee-hears/

Quote:
At one point, Republican Arizona House Speaker Rusty Bowers recalled taking a call from Trump and Giuliani, during which he was pushed to sign off on a plan to remove the state’s pro-Biden electors and replace them with a slate loyal to Trump.

“​I said, ​’Look, you are asking me to do something that is counter to my oath​ that I swore to the Constitution, to uphold it, and I also swore to the constitution and the laws in the state of Arizona, and this is totally foreign as an idea or a theory to me,'” said Bowers, who did not say who specifically pitched the idea to him.

Last year's Capitol riot heard Tuesday that former President Donald Trump and his allies urged and intimidated Republican officials to partake in their scheme to keep Trump in power.
The Jan. 6 committee heard Tuesday that former President Donald Trump and his allies urged Republican officials to partake in their scheme to keep Trump in power.
Getty Images
“‘I would never do anything of such magnitude without deep consultation with qualified attorneys,” he continued. “I said, ‘I’ve got some good attorneys, and I’m going to give you their names, but you’re asking me to do something against my oath, and I will not break​ my oath.'”

During the same call, Bowers recalled, Giuliani claimed to have evidence that hundreds of thousands of votes by illegal immigrants had swung the Grand Canyon State to Biden. But when the former New York City mayor was asked to produce proof of his claim during a later meeting with GOP legislators, he was forced to back down.

According to Bowers, Giuliani admitted: “We’ve got lots of theories, we just don’t have the evidence.”

“I don’t know if that was a gaffe or maybe he did not think through what he said, but both myself and others in my group … both remember that specifically,” Bowers said. “And afterwards, we were kind of laughing about it.”

Old 07-20-2022, 06:48 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,639,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Essentially agree although uncertain it matters if ‘one supports Mr. Trump’s lies about the election’ or lies in general? For some, all that matters is that ‘he gets away with it’. & it does not matter what it is.

Mr. Trump knew that, & encouraged the mind numbing fanaticism from day one.
Did someone herd him tell a lie, or were they telling a lie?
OR
Was Trump telling the truth, and somebody eavesdropping, and mistook him for telling a lie?
OR
Somebody thought Trump was telling a lie, they think, but it was just a nasty hangover, from a night of partying?
OR
None of the above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies