Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2022, 11:06 PM

13,519 posts, read 4,326,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
Do you think he really lied?
or
Thought maybe some people thought he lied?
or
Somebody herd him tell a lie, they think.
or
None of the above.

Now Democrats want to criminalize "lying" in politics. You think if Biden lost GA, AZ, WI which decided the election by 0.4% OVERALL, Democrats wouldn't contest the elections or ballots and come up with voter suppression accusations? The gap tooth blimp wonder in Georgia did it and she became a Democrat and media rock star. These people are nuts with their hypocrisy.

Old 07-19-2022, 11:58 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,407,321 times
So if multiple Republicans come out, and say that trump REFUSED to do anything for 3 hours while the capital was under attack.....is THAT a step too far for all of you?

Old 07-20-2022, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
So if multiple Republicans come out, and say that trump REFUSED to do anything for 3 hours while the capital was under attack.....is THAT a step too far for all of you?
I want to know why the security in Congress was non-existing and why does Pelosi wants to hide that from the hearing?

I don't think the Executive Branch can send troops to the legislative branch without permission. Division of powers. Is that too much to ask in a real hearing?

Old 07-20-2022, 01:00 AM

oh my. DOJ is definitely stepping up it looks like.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...oj-jan-6-probe

DOJ wont stop investigation over Jan 6th even if Trump declares he will run. This public release given prior memos means that Garland has signed off on investigating Trump I think.

Old 07-20-2022, 01:22 AM

For those who think the Pelosi is a good argument at all? Its not. Its nonsense.

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-235651652542
Quote:
The decision on whether to call National Guard troops to the Capitol is made by what is known as the Capitol Police Board, which is made up of the House Sergeant at Arms, the Senate Sergeant at Arms and the Architect of the Capitol. The board decided not to call the guard ahead of the insurrection but did eventually request assistance after the rioting had already begun, and the troops arrived several hours later.
Just stop making excuses for Trump. Because this ones particularly bad.

Old 07-20-2022, 01:46 AM

LOL. You cant answer my original question can you. You KNOW its wrong. I will stop asking since you cant admit it, so I will answer you and try and be more clear since you dont seem to understand things. Again-You should watch the hearings and you would know a lot of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Can you read? why is it that I have to repeat myself when you are wrong?
LOL, sure buddy.
Quote:
Congress has enabled joint oversight of the Capitol Police Board and given the Chief of the Capitol Police emergency powers to request national guard or other federal assistance in cases of civil disturbance.
Since 1828, the U.S. Capitol Police (USCP) has provided protection for Congress.
And? They asked for help. Fairly early:
https://www.npr.org/2021/02/25/97132...ackup-on-jan-6

within the first 30 minute, half a dozen requests. At that point? Its ALL on the DOD, and Trump.
Quote:

The Chief of the Capitol police has the sole power and jurisdiction to call on the National Guard on any civil disturbance on the capitol. Why do you keep asking stupid questions or make allegations that it's the President in charge of the capitol or D.C. police?
See the link above. They did.

Quote:
So your question should be for him not Trump. Why didn't he do anything for 3 hours? Do you know why the Chief neglected to secured the Capitol? Was he ordered by the Speaker to stand down? you asked the question why NO help for 3 hours. Well?
He was not ordered to stand down. Youre making up a fake reality and asking me to argue it.

Old 07-20-2022, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL. You cant answer my original question can you. You KNOW its wrong. I will stop asking since you cant admit it, so I will answer you and try and be more clear since you dont seem to understand things. Again-You should watch the hearings and you would know a lot of this.

LOL, sure buddy.

And? They asked for help. Fairly early:
https://www.npr.org/2021/02/25/97132...ackup-on-jan-6

within the first 30 minute, half a dozen requests. At that point? Its ALL on the DOD, and Trump.

See the link above. They did.

He was not ordered to stand down. Youre making up a fake reality and asking me to argue it.

You don't even read your own PBS link. The President doesn't give security to the Capitol.

U.S. Capitol Police Union Issues No-Confidence Vote For Top Leaders https://www.npr.org/2021/02/16/96830...or-top-leaders

You really are embarrassing yourself again.

Old 07-20-2022, 07:42 AM

37,170 posts, read 19,262,442 times
Quote:
Now Democrats want to criminalize "lying" in politics. You think if Biden lost GA, AZ, WI which decided the election by 0.4% OVERALL, Democrats wouldn't contest the elections or ballots and come up with voter suppression accusations? The gap tooth blimp wonder in Georgia did it and she became a Democrat and media rock star. These people are nuts with their hypocrisy.
I thought the Electoral College decided the election. Silly me.

Old 07-20-2022, 07:43 AM

Quote:
LMAO!!!! So you don't want to admit Democrats lie and more about elections. OK

how do you "steal" an election by contesting it in public and the courts? Was any election stolen in the history of the U.S. by contesting it?
It was never contested in the courts, was it?

Old 07-20-2022, 07:45 AM

Quote:
We are clear, Democrats are full of b.s. and democrats contest elections.

Just checking.
If the election was not stolen, why did 1/6 happen…?

I’m confused.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies