Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2022, 11:58 AM

41,015 posts, read 18,349,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Do you deny the rioters were Trump supporters?
Not all the rioters were because Trump supporters, and what you’re doing is blaming because Trump for what the rioters did, hence a peaceful protest turned into a riot. You have no proof that he incited it so you’re deflecting and using strawman arguments to fit your narrative. It’s obviously hard for you to accept, but feelings don’t equal proof.

Old 07-24-2022, 12:00 PM

14,267 posts, read 7,016,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
Sure and how many weapons did anyone have? None that I know of.
There were weapons at the rally on the ellipse and at the Capitol. You haven't been paying attention. Watch the hearings.

Old 07-24-2022, 12:03 PM

15,787 posts, read 9,627,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
The people at his rally were armed during it? Proof? If so, prove that Trump knew they were armed while at the rally?
That has been mentioned several times. Read Cassidy Hutchinson's testimony again for starters. Also, armed means more than guns. See footage of rioters using other weapons on the cops. This is not hard to find.

Old 07-24-2022, 12:04 PM

24,605 posts, read 13,064,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
That seems to be an odd thing to say to a guy participating in an internet forum. Now these people do seem to have a thirst for blood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ONC-qQEcfg&t=50s
I'd long ago forgotten my sign in for youtube, and I really don't care. If you want me to see something then provide an unrestricted video.

Old 07-24-2022, 12:07 PM

Quote:
I'd long ago forgotten my sign in for youtube, and I really don't care. If you want me to see something then provide an unrestricted video.
I am guessing most of the videos showing that violence are restricted because of that violence. Do you have to be signed in to view the video?

Old 07-24-2022, 12:09 PM

13,304 posts, read 8,545,330 times
Here is a link for the presidents who issued aide during unrest:
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...htmlstory.html

D.C is its own government- not part of Maryland government or Virginia.
It was done that way to secure the federal buildings and it's people, diplomats, embassy's, . Former President Trump didnt send the protesters home. He commanded them to march to the Capitol. Where he knew in that day the count was in process to record the electoral votes. He and he alone sat on his tuckus and defied for 187 minutes his duty to order peace to be restored. He ' loved' their intentions, he loved that they believed his lies . The maniacal leader just had to savor that at a dining table.

Somehow folks got led down the right wing rabbit hole of twisted reasoning.
To get on topic: testimony by an officer, on duty, in command was itself evidence . Since this is a HEARING, that sworn testimony is to be logged in the national archives . It will also be given to DOJ when it's requested.

This HEARING has followed the guidelines set forth by Congress . Go find it on the gov. Site. If you consider this committee to be a sham , you may want to bring a smile to the very person's you elected who ' oversee' these formed committee's.

Old 07-24-2022, 12:09 PM

2,738 posts, read 2,267,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
There were weapons at the rally on the ellipse and at the Capitol. You haven't been paying attention. Watch the hearings.
Not a chance in hell will I watch that crap!!!!

Old 07-24-2022, 12:11 PM

14,267 posts, read 7,016,493 times
Quote:
The people at his rally were armed during it? Proof? If so, prove that Trump knew they were armed while at the rally?
Watch the hearings. It was covered in one of the earlier ones.

Yes there were weapons at the rally and at the Capitol.

Old 07-24-2022, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Bingo…and used in many other instances where it doesn’t mean physically, or are you denying that?
Where did I deny it was used it other settings?

Old 07-24-2022, 12:36 PM

1,658 posts, read 2,706,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Told them to be peaceful and told them to go home. No guessing about it.
Yes, the president told the rioters to go home after 187 minutes and:

statues and artwork had been vandalized
windows and furniture had been destroyed
graffiti, paint, feces, blood, mace, bear spray, and fire extinguisher residue left behind
items were stolen
four rioters were dead (one police officer died the next day)
140 police officers were injured
senators and representatives running for their lives
the VP and his family hiding, fearful for their lives
$1.5 million in damages caused by the rioters
his mission was accomplished - the electoral votes were not affirmed by the VP

Yes, no guessing why the president delayed telling the rioters to go home until 4:17

G. W. Bush "He waited how long? And I took **** for waiting only 7 minutes!"*
*He may have said that, but I'm sure he thought that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies