Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Trum or Desantis?
Desantis 174 78.73%
Trump 47 21.27%
Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2022, 07:30 PM

1,411 posts, read 565,878 times

Advertisements

Trump has to go, but he won't; he's the best and mainly only hope for the Democrats to possibly retain the White House.
Right or wrong, he turns off far too many swing voters, and his true believers are not enough to win the election.
Sadly, his massive ego and arrogance will not allow him to just go away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2022, 07:40 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,154,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
So you want Desantis to make a promise that it is impossible for him to keep? Maybe you should vote for a dem?
All we need is an EO and the conservative SCOTUS to back it up.

Impossible??? Not quite..

Old 06-13-2022, 07:58 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,059 times
Between the two, I would choose Desantis. Only because against the Democratic nominee, he would have a MUCH bigger chance after the chaos of Biden/Harris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Never voting again, and I think both are just like any other politician. But in that hypothetical world, I would choose DeSantis for one reason:
  • the media-political complex has already reached peak Trump Derangement Madness. More from him doesn't really melt their brains faster. Adding DeSantis to their mental closet filled with boogeymen takes their insanity up a couple notches, and I freaking love watching folks in the media-political complex lose their freaking minds.
If you don't vote, you don't have any room to complain in my book. Do your duty as a citizen.

Old 06-13-2022, 08:02 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Not Trump for sure. Increased spending and debt, never ending wars, Federal Reserve operating without transparency.

Old 06-13-2022, 08:05 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,991,802 times
Trump is no longer viable in a national election.

Old 06-13-2022, 08:06 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,991,802 times
Trump's policies would have given America long-term robust growth but he is to toxic to win now.

Old 06-14-2022, 04:29 AM

1,889 posts, read 1,324,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
Well they can only vote once here. Lol
That isn't necessarily true. But I doubt many expect Trump to be ahead in a truly representative poll.

The question is how much we expect DeSantis to lead if we poll conservatives, minus anguished Democrats seeking a Trump-related outlet to channel their present grievances. That's how I understood the OP and what I'm interested to know.

For context, only one candidate of the two has been subject to a 5-year negative media barrage.

How many among the population can contemplate current events independently of their news sources, distinguish Trump the caricature from the Trump the person, or interpret his twitter feed minus the lens of engineered preconceptions?

From what I can see, very few have the training or insight to do this consistently.

Old 06-14-2022, 05:28 AM

3,989 posts, read 6,576,956 times
Neither. I initially liked DeSantis, but now he is pandering to a nut-job Trump base so no thanks.

Old 06-14-2022, 06:16 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,665,015 times
I voted for Trump and although I didn't like his personality, I approved of the majority of his policies. The Democrats lying and constant blaming of him, to this day, would only continue if he won. It's time for a younger person without a family dynasty.

Old 06-14-2022, 06:26 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
They didn't hate Bush II, Bush I, Reagan, Ford, Nixon....

It seems to me the hatred has always been there but their ability to sabotage their political foes has never existed on this level.

They now effectively own the FBI, swing state election apparatus, social media monopolies and traditional media outlets (excepting Fox News), so there are no checks on what they can get away with.

We chased Russia-gate for more than three years only to confirm it started as a plot concocted by a Clinton staffer.

Did anyone in the Clinton camp face justice?

Did any of the plotters and co-conspirators in the FBI or DOJ go to prison?

The fact is this once greatest nation on Earth has become a banana republic.
A banana Republic is a place that uses violence to install a president who lost an election. You may be onto something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies