Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2022, 05:53 AM

1,266 posts, read 563,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXBtoFL View Post
Why do people hope for Michelle Obama?

She was popular because she was inoffensive and apolitical as First Lady. But if she ran, it's a very different story. She would have to stake out clear-cut policies and work with the existing Democratic party, who are unpopular enough as it is. And while she maintained an excellent facade as First Lady, she did have moments pre and post White House with decidedly controversial opinions. Once she declared a candidacy, she would be as divisive as any politician. The Republicans would easily frame her as an anointed Hillary II rather than someone accomplished on her own merits.
Even then, Hilary held her own elected office and cabinet post before running for the top job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2022, 06:54 AM

13,620 posts, read 4,940,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
She's the closest you'll get to a moderate democrat as you'll get. The only D that could possibly reach across the isle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
The Dems have a very thin and aging bench. Warren and Sanders and Hillary come to mind.
You're right; I usually vote Dem, but I also am concerned about the lack of viable candidates. Hillary is over, Sanders is ancient. That's why I brought up running Romney as a Democrat. The party is out of decent candidates.

Governors Andy Beshear of Kentucky and Roy Cooper of North Carolina are good options, but need a bit more national name recognition.

Old 06-15-2022, 08:03 AM

2,445 posts, read 1,069,471 times
None!

Old 06-15-2022, 10:29 AM

4,258 posts, read 3,179,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
You're right; I usually vote Dem, but I also am concerned about the lack of viable candidates. Hillary is over, Sanders is ancient. That's why I brought up running Romney as a Democrat. The party is out of decent candidates.

Governors Andy Beshear of Kentucky and Roy Cooper of North Carolina are good options, but need a bit more national name recognition.
I live in NC, Roy Cooper is a waste of oxygen! Not a good option in my opinion...pretty much milk toast!

Old 06-15-2022, 10:52 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,904,704 times
How about a third party for a change. Too many people are fixated on the 2 party system like a bad buffet.

Old 06-15-2022, 10:55 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,322,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
How about a third party for a change. Too many people are fixated on the 2 party system like a bad buffet.

There is a third party. It's called the Green party, and their candidates suck.

Old 06-15-2022, 10:56 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,210,962 times
While I hate to put any credence in conspiracy theory stuff...perhaps this is the new Dem candidate?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gre...ying-attention

Old 06-15-2022, 11:07 AM

1,017 posts, read 788,197 times
They will probably push for Hillary Clinton

Old 06-15-2022, 02:17 PM

1,108 posts, read 529,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
If Biden doesn't run, then the primary election earlier in 2024 will become hugely significant.

Who will be in it? And who will win, to go on to the Nov 2024 election? And why?

At this point, can you even imagine stepping into the voting booth on Nov. 5, 2024, and finding Joe Biden's name as the only Democrat candidate for President?
you really care - its 30 months away for good sake -and there alot more to be concerned about

Old 06-15-2022, 04:09 PM

25,780 posts, read 12,849,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I guess people have forgotten that Michelle said that she had never been proud of her country until her husband was nominated for the presidency?
Michelle also botched the Obamacare web site, costing taxpayers $200M whe she outsourced it to her college pal in Canada? After the web site failed to launch, she did return $30M of the $200M, so there's that

...AND healthy school lunches...that caused schools to add extra dumpters to handle all the food the students wouldn't eat? Our High school had to add TWO new dumpsters.

Remember when she took 100+ pals to Paris for a shopping trip and rented the entire floor of hotels there costing taxpayers Millions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies