Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2022, 06:29 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,099,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The Dems are idiots but Trump had his shot and blew it. He needs to go away.
I agree about having had his chance. He blew what could have been an amazing, transcendent presidency where he rose above, and showed us that he was everyone's president. Instead he blew us apart from one another and made us collectively weaker for it. Things would definitely not be better four years later.

Also, mentally unfit is bad enough. Physically, he is obviously not in great shape. I know everyone is laughing at Biden on the bicycle. And falling up stairs, running up them. Trump's heart would burst out of his chest attempting either of these. He has these really weird low energy times when he sounds like he is barely awake. You know, where he sounds like he is sighing out his words or something. That seems ominous.

I'm not being abelist or trying to be unfair, and a person could drop at any time, but just as I feel about Biden - too strong a possibility of dying in office if elected in 2024 - that is how I feel about Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2022, 06:56 PM

25,891 posts, read 16,608,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I agree about having had his chance. He blew what could have been an amazing, transcendent presidency where he rose above, and showed us that he was everyone's president. Instead he blew us apart from one another and made us collectively weaker for it. Things would definitely not be better four years later.

Also, mentally unfit is bad enough. Physically, he is obviously not in great shape. I know everyone is laughing at Biden on the bicycle. And falling up stairs, running up them. Trump's heart would burst out of his chest attempting either of these. He has these really weird low energy times when he sounds like he is barely awake. You know, where he sounds like he is sighing out his words or something. That seems ominous.

I'm not being abelist or trying to be unfair, and a person could drop at any time, but just as I feel about Biden - too strong a possibility of dying in office if elected in 2024 - that is how I feel about Trump.
I agree, he really had a chance to change America for the better but he was so childish with the tweets and outright bizarre behavior. No one wanted him to succeed more than me. Election night 2016 was one of the best nights of my life.

Old 06-18-2022, 09:17 PM

33,341 posts, read 12,661,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevar242 View Post
Spoken like a true Demo left wing Jerk. So how Did Trump blow it ????????????????????

You obviously haven't read very many (if any more) of that poster's posts.

Old 06-18-2022, 09:39 PM

15,638 posts, read 15,771,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
His own Attorney General told him he lost the election. His campaign spokesperson told him he'd lost. His campaign’s general counsel Matt Morgan told him. A campaign counsel told him. Even his own daughter, Ivanka admitted she believed what AG Barr was saying about there being no fraud in the election. Who knows how many more close to Trump told him he'd lost. As the January 6 hearings go on we will probably learn of many more people close to Trump who told him he lost the election. Through it all even to the present Trump continues to assert the election was rigged and that he won. Such denial raises the serious question: is Donald Trump mentally fit to be President again or is he, as his own AG suggested, "delusional"?

Supporters should keep in mind that when Trump runs in 2024 he will be exactly the same age as Biden when he ran. Biden may be mentally frail but to have a President in the highest office in the land who is actually delusional and who has his finger on the nuclear launch button could be more than mentally frail, he could be downright dangerous.

"Former Attorney General Bill Barr said he became "demoralized" when discussing allegations of voting fraud tied to Dominion voting machines with former President Donald Trump because Trump had "become detached from reality if he really believes this stuff."

https://www.npr.org/2022/06/13/11046...-reality-jan-6

While I appreciate your well-constructed post, much better than the Biden version which provided no useful examples, I think you are not looking at it correctly.

I think you're saying that Trump is "unfit" because he delusionally believes he won. I think that's incorrect. While Trump may be delusional about his own competence, since so many people working with him have said hat he's not only ignorant but stubbornly ignorant, in this case I think he knows the truth. I think he won't admit that he lost. After all, his whole fake-macho stance is to divide everything between winners and losers. But I think his denial to others is just a way to seek some way to worm his way back in.

I would agree that he's mentally unfit - ignorant, short-tempered, megalomaniacal, mentally incoherent, devoid of ethics, insensitive to others, and, like many CEOs, a sociopath. But those are different from your reasons.

Old 06-19-2022, 12:45 AM

4,884 posts, read 5,032,633 times
Tilt at the windmill before you, instead of the one that could be, 2 years down the road.

Old 06-19-2022, 01:14 AM

24,841 posts, read 9,605,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The Dems are idiots but Trump had his shot and blew it. He needs to go away.
If he blew it, why would he need to go away?

Clearly “blowing it” means there’s no longer any interest or chance in him becoming president.

We both know that’s not true.

Old 06-19-2022, 02:41 AM

33,341 posts, read 12,661,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
While I appreciate your well-constructed post, much better than the Biden version which provided no useful examples, I think you are not looking at it correctly.

I think you're saying that Trump is "unfit" because he delusionally believes he won. I think that's incorrect. While Trump may be delusional about his own competence, since so many people working with him have said hat he's not only ignorant but stubbornly ignorant, in this case I think he knows the truth. I think he won't admit that he lost. After all, his whole fake-macho stance is to divide everything between winners and losers. But I think his denial to others is just a way to seek some way to worm his way back in.

I would agree that he's mentally unfit - ignorant, short-tempered, megalomaniacal, mentally incoherent, devoid of ethics, insensitive to others, and, like many CEOs, a sociopath. But those are different from your reasons.

And he wouldn't care about public perception (which he does.....deeply) if he perennially actually thought of himself as part of the former rather than the latter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies