Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2022, 02:18 PM

10,653 posts, read 7,153,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Well 2 impeachments, that is good. More fraud when they created the campaign for Legal support and then never created the fund. Just spread the money into pockets of grifters.
Todays hearing has shown that Trump knew everything he arranged for Jan. 6 was illegal. Eastman asking for a pardon (email to Meadows shown) and pleading the 5th on video.

So I think before 2023 Trump will be indicted on Federal charges.
I will enjoy it immensely.
Surely live in an alternative world. This is what happens when you're propagandized.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2022, 02:19 PM

16,777 posts, read 8,257,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
CNN, NYT Times, ABC, NBC, MSNBC, Washington Post and every other fake news org has been seething with breaking news daily on Trump's possible criminal rest from for 7 years now. Give it a break, the man is cleaner than probably you.
You need to watch the hearing's. Trump the dirtiest POTUS in the nations history. He makes Nixon look good.

Old 06-16-2022, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Surely live in an alternative world. This is what happens when you're propagandized.
Facts are facts. Just because you refuse to see them, does not mean they aint there

Old 06-16-2022, 02:22 PM

14,249 posts, read 4,634,051 times
Quote:
Well 2 impeachments, that is good. More fraud when they created the campaign for Legal support and then never created the fund. Just spread the money into pockets of grifters.
Todays hearing has shown that Trump knew everything he arranged for Jan. 6 was illegal. Eastman asking for a pardon (email to Meadows shown) and pleading the 5th on video.

So I think before 2023 Trump will be indicted on Federal charges.
I will enjoy it immensely.
And what were the findings or dispositions for the impeachments?

Old 06-16-2022, 02:45 PM

282 posts, read 97,096 times
Quote:
You need to watch the hearing's. Trump the dirtiest POTUS in the nations history. He makes Nixon look good.
That is what it looks like when you only hear one cherry picked biased side on any case. Especially to those who are biased to begin with.

I was involved in a lawsuit once where after I read the other sides argument I was "almost" ready to agree with them.
In the end they lost and had to pay the court costs on top. The point is a good lawyer can make most cases look good if you only hear the one side.

Old 06-16-2022, 02:47 PM

19,310 posts, read 17,205,405 times
Quote:
A least Nixon establish diplomatic relations with China which was a major accomplishment.

Old 06-16-2022, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore1974 View Post
That is what it looks like when you only hear one cherry picked biased side on any case. Especially to those who are biased to begin with.

I was involved in a lawsuit once where after I read the other sides argument I was "almost" ready to agree with them.
In the end they lost and had to pay the court costs on top. The point is a good lawyer can make most cases look good if you only hear the one side.
One big exception. Trump staff and Attorney's going and answering questions under oath. Emails from them all.
Attorney taking the 5th 100 times, one who knew what he was doing was going to get himself in jail. He even sent an email trying to get on the pardon list.

No this is a great job done by a bipartisan committee.

Old 06-16-2022, 03:25 PM

13,295 posts, read 8,514,534 times
Wasn't mentally stable then and doubt it's improved since the permanent exit .

Only a skilled objective medical professional could determine this citizens mental delusions.

Poor pathological liar ... Sad sad. Really sad ...hugely sad even.

Old 06-16-2022, 03:33 PM

29,230 posts, read 22,475,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
A least Nixon establish diplomatic relations with China which was a major accomplishment.
Yup. Nixon was a paranoid, but he was also a quite effective statesman.
That's the biggest difference between him and Trump. Trump never knew enough about the fundamentals of governance to ever be an effective President.

I've often wondered what would have happened to Nixon if he had fired Hadleman, Erlichmann, and a few other advisors from his first term and found some replacements for them.

They all facilitated Nixon's paranoia during the 1974 election and turned Nixon's worst thoughts into actual plans. The "Plumber's Committee" never needed to be formed at all.

I'm sure that if any of them had come up with some simple excuse and kept Hunt away from the President, Nixon's second term would have been much better than his first. Nixon was riding high after his trip to China, and had the most self-confidence he had ever had afterward.

When Richard Nixon had a clear, politically honest objective in sight, with a clear goal, he did have the skill to see it through. And Nixon could be courageous when he pursued his goals.

His paranoia never allowed him to be comfortable in victory, though, so mentally, he was always at his worst when things were at their best for him. Those were the times when Nixon always began chasing shadows, and that's the way he always was.
All his advisors knew this; when he was VP, they found ways to chase away the shadows and get him back on track.

His first set of campaign advisors did the same in 1960. By 1968, all those people were gone, replaced by an entire bunch who used Nixon's paranoia to further their own ends and ambitions.

It was obvious to everyone that after the primaries ended Nixon would cruise through an easy victory into a second term.

All his advisors had to do was to convince him that was the fact, but they chose to indulge his paranoid fantasies instead, and made them worse when they did.

Really, all they had to do was limit Nixon's drinking. Nixon binged when he was having a paranoid spell, and the booze made it worse. He wasn't alcoholic, I believe; Nixon simply over-medicated with his booze in his worst moments.
But instead of putting the bottle away, they all sat around and drank with him and constantly fed his paranoia.

Old 06-16-2022, 03:42 PM

18,255 posts, read 16,992,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
Trump is mentally stable and capable, it's the voters in this country I'm finding unfit.

I think what you're saying if you're a Trump supporter is that it is the voters who voted against Trump who are unfit. Would that be correct?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies